If this is your favorite beer style, don't even think about offering me a beer

If this is your favorite beer style, don't even think about offering me a beer.

I hope when the ipa craze dies down stouts/porters become the new trendy beer style

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

Please let this happen please let this happen. I'm sick and fucking tired of Guinness being the only stout you can get at most places. It's the shittest stout and is only popular because it's cheap. Fuuuuuck.

I'm thinking Weißbier is going to become the next thing.

But if not, at least I can find all my Weihenstephan and Schneider at my local market, so I'm good.

Can't you find at least British beers? Fuller's is quite popular around here.

Nah, every white girl at the bar has been ordering blue moons for the past couple years, wheat beers arent cool

I think sours/farmhouse/Belgian styles are starting to take over the IPA craze. I'm settling into a rut where I'm only drinking 4.5-5.5 pale and session ales these days.

Where do you dipshits live? Stouts and porters are insanely popular and on tap everywhere. In the summer months they definitely get rolled back, but winter makes up the majority of the year.

>ipa
>craze
Dude, it's not a craze. IPA is and will remain popular.

For trendy beer of the moment, look to sours. Fruity gose and Berliner Weiss are super popular right now.

I'll admit hazy NE IPAs are a big thing right now, but IPAs in general can no longer be considered a 'craze'.

IPAs are fine, but I agree with some other posters about it being a bit of a "craze". American breweries seem to be obsessed with hops, which has come to be a little overbearing (literally and figuratively) at times. I'm looking forward to seeing more Belgian (a la Allagash) and German styles find their way into the American market.

Oh, and Weihenstephan's hefeweizen is my favorite beer. I won't offer OP any, so more for me (or mein freund ).

Cheers!

I also think IPAs are fine, but god damn, breweries should at least try to do something else instead of Generic IPA #n with a HUEG EXPLOSION OF HOPS.

Between Weihenstephan and Schneider, I think I go with Schneider. But the ultimate best wheat beer has to be Augustiner. Sadly, I was only able to find it during my time in Germany.

thank you, OP for creating a place to quarantine all the plebs. please post here, and only here everybody. thanks,

Veeky Forums

An IPA can be nice if it has the right kind of bitterness. Things can be very bitter but still palatable.

The problem is that people start treating bitterness like a contest of who can drink the most bitter beers, instead of making something bitter that tastes good. I'm guessing it's due to overextraction, overheating, or using hops that are too old/low quality that creates the nauseatingly bitter flavors. I've had one or two IPA's that were pleasant to drink, but most are bad.

It's the same thing with coffee. I love strong black coffee, but there have been times with certain beans that made me feel like I was going to vomit as I drank it.

In the american south it is absolutely a craze. Half the local craft breweries in my area brew exclusively IPAs

Of course they only brew IPAs. It's literally the easiest beer to brew.

So it's pretty much baby's first brew and they can't get through that phase, so it's pretty much one of the reason everyone gets crazy about it. they think they are special because it's le craft beer.

Prost!

Schneider is fantastic (and actually my first hefe, come to think of it), but I always find myself returning to Weihenstephan. I may need to keep an eye out for Augustiner, though.

Have you tried Ayinger's Brau Weisse? If I had to list my favorites, it would go Weihenstephan, Ayinger, and then Schneider (although it's really close between them!).

I like it, but it's not really my favorite. Augustiner takes its place.

I hope gruits become popular. The closest brewery that had it is like 40 miles away from me.

God tier
>Marzen
>Belgian Dubbel
>ESB
>Brown ale
>Hefeweizen
>IPA
>APA

High tier
>Amber ale (English style)
>Blonde ale
>Amber ale (continental)
>Dunkel and hefeweizen dunkel
>Pilsner
>Wit bier
>Belgian triple
>Biere de Garde

Good tier
>Porter
>Stout
>Saison
>English style IPA
>English golden ale

Meh tier
>Lager/Helles
>Continental golden ales
>English style pale ales
>Bitter

Reddit tier
>chilli beers
>Imperial/double IPA
>Barrel aged...
>Berliner weisse
>Sours/lambics

Shit tier
>high strength lagers
>Fruit flavourer beers

Why is there currently a trend for immensely hoppy and bitter beer?

Because it's tasty and possibly the easiest gateway to spend all your money on overpriced beer.

It's a hipster / numale fad.
It will pass.

That was 2 years ago emanating from west coast i.e. Stone brewing

New trend is for hoppy but mellow 'juicy' IPAs emmanating from the North East of the USA i.e. Treehouse brewing.

This guy gets it. Juicy hazy ipas are huge right now.

Also, hops taste good and aren't always incredibly bitter. Try a good fresh ipa or apa.

Tripel and as a whole belgian beer are the best

I don't think you have ever had a kolsch, or lithuanian ale and therefore your list is not accurate.

>It's a hipster / numale fad.
I think the fad is trying to make things more and more bitter, not IPA's themselves. Some are decent enough, and it's good to have variety, most are overly bitter and just bad tasting but people still drink them because they think it's a competition.

Bad craft beers made me appreciate Budweiser more.

this
IPAs have been popular for years now
fruit beers and sours are the current craze
I doubt weizens will be the next craze since great german weizens like Paulaner, Schneider etc. are already wildly available and cheaper than craft beers

I've tried kolsch a few times....and forgot about it, enough said.

No, I haven't tried any Lithuanian ale, never heard of it tbqh.

surprised at marzen being so high

lithuanian ale is not god tier, but it is a very solid good or even high tier.
it's nutty and slightly sweet without being sugary. Kinda tastes like a forest, and has a shitload of alocohol. between 8 and 12%

I tried this once and am ashamed to say I liked it. If fruity ales are all as good as this I won't complain. My local breweries don't go in for fads much so my favorites will always be available for me.

Could never get into belgian dubbels

>no Belgian Quadrupel on God tier

Shit taste senpai

yeah forgot about this...actually belongs in high tier though friendo

Only tried La Trappe's and St. Bernardus' quads though in all honesty.

That trend died years ago. Brewery makes big IPA to garner attention for the brewery and their main lines. The apotheosis was probably Mikkeller 1000 IBU.