What do you think of him? Of his Books? Of his stand-up?

What do you think of him? Of his Books? Of his stand-up?
They released on of his canceled specials a few months ago.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MvgN5gCuLac
youtube.com/watch?v=FVQB9N__pdc
youtube.com/watch?v=R-gytvj1w2w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

he was a liberal and an atheist and hence inferior to me

But he was one of the few liberals actually critical of and denounced the regressive left. He hated the prot-PC police and findamentalists the same.

he is just a pathetic liberal faggot making money thanks to the current ideologica situation. "his" opinion are as common as oxigen in the air, so nothing of what he says has any intellectual value whatsoever. I can only assume that his books are as vulgar, uninteresting and moot as his stand up "comedy"

i see him as sorta proto-new atheism. his standup is sort of ridiculous later in his life.

>People calling him a liberal

This place is fucking infested.

His critiques were solid and delivery was great. His later works were very cynical but he probably saw that it was only going to get worse after he died.
He isn't a fucking brain surgeon telling you how to fix the world, dude was doing standup in the 60s with class clown fart jokes as risque humour.
Anyone who shit talks him is an immature little kid.

shit piss fuck cunt cocksucker motherfucker tits

If you're defending a liberal then that shows how intellectually immature you are. This is Veeky Forums, not your safespace, retard.

what a great post
>defending a liberal
>intellectually immature
>This is Veeky Forums
>safespace

Those are my favorite parts. Kill yourself nigger.

>all liberals are more retarded than the legions of swamp people chanting FUCK NIGGERS

Coming from a conservative who hates niggers, this guy started redpilling me before Veeky Forums existed.

You realize George Carlin hated nu-males and the "pussification" of the American male, hated the DNC, and fought against the censorship of nigger and rape jokes and hated islam.

He was one of the only true centrist comedians, rather than just liberal comedians who lovingly mocked the democratic party, mostly due to his extreme cynicism.

He thought blacks and whites and men and women were morally equal. Literally plebbit: the comic

I think he's the best stand up of all time.

His books weren't very good though. It was all just b-material he cut out of his standup act, and read exactly like his act sounded.

I sat front row, center, one time to see him in concert. I had actually seen his hbo show that he just released several times, and knew every line by heart. He came out, performed it word for word, and still cracked me the hell up. That dude was a serious magician with a crowd. Afterwards he came out and thanked everyone for laughing at jokes he already told, and did another half hour of funny as hell shit that I never saw him perform on tape after. Only thing I remember was he did this bit about him and a buddy giving each other enemas. That night was seriously in my top 5 moments in life.

I don't really know if you could even call him a liberal. He hated everybody, and most ideas basically.

Yeah, which is a centrist idea, regressives want to extole and worship them, /pol/ wants to exterminate them. Is everyone that doesn't follow your ideology exactly a filthy nu-male faggot-nigger SJW PC tumblrina beta-cuck?

he was one of those comedians who wasn't funny, so had to perform the type of sets in which he delivers "hard hitting truths" and "social commentary"

it's just a shame that he was wrong about all of his truths, given that they were mostly pretty juvenile and not very funny

His comedy isn't amazing, his books mostly unreadable. His acting and facial expressions were pretty good.
youtube.com/watch?v=MvgN5gCuLac

>he was one of those comedians who wasn't funny, so had to perform the type of sets in which he delivers "hard hitting truths" and "social commentary"

You're apparently unfamiliar with the first thirty years of his career.

He didn't start doing "hard hitting" stuff until the late 80s or so. Before that he was kind of goofy and non political.

His only fault is his atheism, which I'm sure he had a change of heart right before he died.

Probably not. I also really wouldn't call him an athiest, he definitely hated organized religion, but he never really said if he believed in anything spiritual.

thanks for being civil but I was referring to that stage in his career as the "not funny" bit

I enjoyed the sincerity of this post.

well him and pryor were the number 1s in the country for a lot of that period. So....quite a few people would disagree with you.

But yeah though, I'm sure your dumb ass is right.

ok, well i retract the bit about you being civil. If you are legitimately referring to the opinions of the general public as an indication of quality then you are the "dumb ass". You don't really have to look further than comedy central to see how shit the current most popular comedians are, and furthermore, comedy was pretty fucking dire back then - it didn't take much to be absurd or subversive. anyway fuck you

totally dude. Hey you got any stock market picks? I'm sure you're the one guy who has the market figured out.

>I'm 18 and when I was born Carlin already had 40 years of top rated comedy under his belt

But it wasn't funny to me in 2012 when I first heard of him so he sucks. I like going against the grain, if the general public likes it I HATE IT.

Kill yourself

theres no shame in losing an argument friend

my point wasn't that if the general public likes it that it's shit, it was that it's irrelevant. general views say nothing about quality. funny post though, I love bill hicks as well, he's very profound,

>theres no shame in losing an argument friend

Yeah, right on. You don't even have to try, or present an argument, you still win! That's how badass you are.

You're that guy who, on the first day of class, stood up and pushed the teacher aside and taught the course yourself. Then you fucked like 90 bitches after that and partied with your hundreds of friends.

ur a try hard faggot

ur a triggered faggot

enough of the sperg slap session

>sperg slap session
kek

>enough of the sperg slap session

LOL!!!! Holy shit! Why haven't you tried standup?!

work on your reading comprehension and you will see the arguments, dont get your feelings hurt

>!!!!
>!
>?!

why do you get this triggered so easily. are you new.

>why do you get this triggered so easily. are you new.

LOL! YEAH!!! I TOTALLY AM!

Keep it up dude, work the crowd!

>when you think ur killin it with the sarcasm but every user can see the rustle

post more exclamation marks that seems to work well.

LOL$$$ YOU'RE TOTALLY RIGHT$ I USE WAY TOO MANY$$ AH SHIT YOU NAILED ME MAN$

do some locational stuff

>he is even more emotional than before

lmao

l o s e r

youtube.com/watch?v=FVQB9N__pdc

superior comedian

Ah...well you kind of used that one. That's cool though, you got the momentum, segue airplane food or something, that always kills.

l o s e r

BOO! DO SOME NEW STUFF!

BOO!

DO A NEW ONE FAGGOT!

alright, you losing them! work the local angle! Local news, quick dude!

i sincerely hope you kill yourself

haha you are imploding

how are you this shit at posting

l o s e r

ah fuck this! I'm out! I'm not even paying my mufucking tab! Corny ass loser saying mufucka.

>Yeah me, too, what's this fucking guy's deal?

>Corny ass

you are the biggest cornball on this board right now. you should leave, i agree. reddit is waiting.

Hey uh...I'm the owner, I know you kind of just walked on stage and didn't ask anybody, but uh....I'm not into being punitive, and I would never tell a performer what material they could do but standing up there and calling the crowd losers for a half hour....maybe it's conceptual or something, but I just don't see it working.

Since you walked the whole crowd too, yeah, uh, I'm not really going to pay you.

He was legitimately really funny if you subtract his edgy social commentary. His early 80s stuff that gets payed less attention to is his best years before he got over the top.

As for his later years, he has some good points, but you are stupid if you take it too seriously. He cared more about just being pure savage.

Many such cases. Sad!

hot reddit LARPs there.

needs a pun or two though.

Yeah dude, he had the gift man, he really had the touch, but he just wouldn't let that loser bit go. That and the heroin just buried him.

Donald?

I dunno, if he keeps working the loser thing, he could find an angle. People have made dumber catch phrases.

youtube.com/watch?v=R-gytvj1w2w

Young Carlin, best Carlin.

>this many triggered conservatards ITT

Some of his social commentary is hilarious though. Capital Punishment is an example.

im pretty sure he was an atheist, he made all sorts of cracks against god

Yeah, you're stupid if you take a stand up comedian seriously.

Fucking brilliant observation.

he made all sorts of cracks against the christian god.

>Everybody its an idiot except us >:) XDD(people who pay the ticket)
I like John Mulaney anyways

He sacrifices too much actuality for comedy. Calling everyone stupid is not social commentary.

I really like this post.

>Calling everyone stupid is not social commentary.
how come?

>stuck up loser who rehashes every single centrist point in a holier-than-thou way while thinking he's being creative, new and genius
Not even memeing but he's everything Reddit stands for.

So is this atheism is dumb thing a meme? You all cant really be serious....

Retards grabbed onto it, so it's dumb now.

People haven't figured out that because stupid people grab onto an idea and wear it proudly doesn't mean the idea is stupid or they aren't stupid, it means they were told it early enough/they are rebelling from daddy/or think it's cool. If you reject every school of thought by it's worst you'll be left with nothing.

George was based. Veeky Forums is infested woth pol tier fags now ignore them

It is when you go into reasons and explain why and how they are stupid.

It also is when you just call them stupid, but it's not good social commentary.

Sometimes a stand up comedian develops such a staunch point of view that their act centers around their voice rather than what's funny.

It's happened to Bill Hicks, George Carlin, Richard Pryor, Paul Mooney. It's not a bad thing, but it's a different direction. Carlin was a mater of word play, Hicks told dick jokes in Southern dive bars for ten years, Pryor is doing pretty basic jokes about his enthnicity on early television appearances. It only works if you earn your audience and you've mastered your craft. Guys who start speaking 'truth' in their first years are tough to watch.

Well said.

He was great with wordplay and delivery but he wasn't good enough to be Veeky Forums

I heard from an user a while ago that he had read Wittgenstein before, dunno if it's true

Level-1 atheism.

OP here, I agree he's not Veeky Forums level, but I find him holarious and think a lot of his points are even more relevent today.

Apparently he was a known gay fag. Not my cup of tea, as the British say.

those old white skinny but with a pot belly and grey pony tail dudes are the least appealing genus of gay male, ugh