Hi Veeky Forums I saw this post and interested to read it all this 2017...

Hi Veeky Forums I saw this post and interested to read it all this 2017. My question is would it make a difference if I read it from a computer screen (PDF)? Or is it much better if I read it in a paper/book?

Thanks Veeky Forums!

Do whatever's easiest for you. Personally, I can't read books from computer screens, but I know people who prefer it. I don't think it takes away from the experience at all.

Just as long as you read it, OP.

Reading books from a fucking monitor while sitting in a chair is the most gruesome way to read a book.

Nothing beats a supporting pillow + bed + a reading light.

You won't be able to read all those books in a year desu

I usually read it from my kindle mainly for convenience

Fucking OP triggered my neck pain when I miagined reading this shit from monitor

thank s

OP here. Thanks for the feedback guys. I searched for good e-reader device and I found Kindle, it's a bit pricey though. Do you guys recommend other cheap alternative that has the same quality as Kindle?

You could always just go to library. They should have all the books in the list for free.

I live in south east asia and I doubt I would find some of the books listed in here ;_;. Though Catcher in the Rye is being sold at our local bookstore.

Audiobook

Read it in whatever format you want, or listen to it.

I can't imagine someone else subvocalizing my shit.

if youre going to invest hundreds of hours into reading, you might as well do yourself a favor and get a

There's some really good audiobooks out there done by famous actors worth checking out.

This, hardest pill to swallow. If you spend all your time reading whatever the internet recommends you're going to start taking longer and longer breaks from reading because you're too bored.

Can I just ask why is the holy bible even on this list? For what purpose?

Is this bait? Do you not recognize its massive influence to entire human race?

It's literally fiction.

?????????????????????

reality is fiction? Constantine changing the religion of Rome is fiction? ?????????????????????????????????? the crusades, fiction?

what is real if reality is fiction?

OP here. What device would you recommend that is

I've read Revelations, Deuteronomy and genesis, I've mainly read Revelations which is literally the only interesting part of the bible and don't see how it's of any importance.

You're not going to read all that in 2017 unless you are neet as fuck the whole time and somehow also extremely motivated.

Sources: I'm read 100+ books a year the past four years and still haven't finished a lot of the doorstoppers on that list because some of those books take a week even at 200 pages a day.

Not that user but allow me to respond.
Even if you don't believe in Christianity, which is fine by me, you can't deny the massive impact it had and has on humanity.

The melting of Greco-Roman culture with Judaeo-Christian culture has created the modern civilized Western world which spread around the world like wildfire.

For example the Protestant ethics were created out of the encouragement of simple workers to adopt the ethics of the nobility.
This and other deviations of Christianity form an important social insitution and an important social and moral foundation.

Don't fucking tell some faggot he can't do a simple task like fucking read words.

Jesus Christ.

so is literally every other book on that list?

"fucking read words" is not so simple a task if that means reading intellectually impacting literature and fully comprehending its intent.

Well of course it's had a massive impact on humanity and changed the world.

I don't think it's highly necessary to read the entire bible and be put on the top list, the book is tedious to read.

It'd be much better to just watch movies and documentaries instead of spending hundreds of hours studying the bible.

>The Iliad over the Odyssey

can someone explain that to me?

>It'd be much better to just watch movies and documentaries instead of spending hundreds of hours studying the bible.

Literally
wrong
in every single way that you can possible conceive

its the OG source material

its like listenign to a shit cover of Beatles when you could listen to Beatles

It's book filled with lies that deceived the planet. Why the hell even read it?

Nice bait. You tried

what the fuK JASONASPGNASOF ASCUSAKF

gg

I've had enough of you

Understandable, Its not a small book and especially the OT has a lot of useless content like the name register.

I was raised a Catholic on a Catholic school so I was pretty much forced to read the entire thing in church.

Have only read 6 of these fml.

Where should I start?

fuck did somebody post this on reddit again

>Plato and Aurelius are now fiction
Based.

2nd and 3rd rows, don't start at the top or the bottom unless you want to get fucked

And? It's still a beautiful piece of literature and influenced every Western writer after it. Even the free verse poetry of Smart and Whitman have precursors in the Pslams, and the stories in it are extremely culturally relevant and you'll miss lots of allusions if you don't read it.

I want something that is more short so I get used to reading. Quite enjoyed The Stranger by Camus, same with The Metamorphosis. I am okay with ~200 page books, just don't want to get into something as deep as The Brothers Karamazov.

I saw it on Veeky Forums