Push a button, Veeky Forums.

a - released in 2017
b - released in [year]
c - never going to be released. valar morghulis
d - i can't read, what's happening here

>a. it's happening this year

a

a

It's never going to be released. I don't know why I even bothered to read the first two books. The series is garbage and it'll forever remain incomplete.

Late 2017 at the earliest

A Dream of Spring will never be released though

2018, then he'll die and book 7 will be written by David Benioff.

These
It will get released eventually, probably this or next year.

But he will never finish the series because he is an old fat fuck who writes super slowly. The plot got to the point where you need at least two 1500+ page books to tie it up, at least. Knowing him, assuming he finishes the series, they would probably have to split the last book, or the next one, into two volumes with 1000+ pages each.
He just went full retard with side stories and POV characters because he is bad at estimating how fast he can write, how many pages it takes from him to tell a story and he could not find a way around with plot points so he had to introduce more POV characters.
He just fucked up real bad and I would say he is really disappointed in himself and lack motivation.

that's interesting. i forgot benioff was a writer too. I thought GRRM said nobody else would finish it

>tfw GRRM says a lot of things

a two-part TWOW makes sense tho. one late this year and one maybe after the show is completed

he reallly doesn't need to finish it anymore tho. maybe his life is just that sweet. i wish robin hobb hadn't broken his heart, maybe if they had hooked up she could have kept him on deadline and away from the buffet at red lobster

At this point he should just do an Evangelion and end with a pseudointellectual introspective chapter regarding character motivations and the nature of human isolation. Ending with Jon Snow surrounded by people clapping and saying "Congratulations"

It won't be released. He let the plot get out of control and he can't reel it back together. Books 4 and 5 should never have been written and he should have implemented the 5 year gap he originally planned, along with pruning the number of POVs. It doesn't matter, though. The show will be over in a year and a half and that will be the canon ending.

The sad thing is that plebs will probably defend it if this actually happens

>The series is garbage

There's a limit to being a contrarian.

It is now. It was not prior the A Feast for Crows, but it is now. Martin ruined it with the last two books. The first three are still good fantasy novels, but as a series it is trash.

I'll agree to the fact the quality has gone down a bit but we don't need to toggle between two extremes here.

The three first novel are fucking amazing and the last two are good but painfully slow at times.

The series is still great but it is dragged down a bit by the pacing of the more recent entries.

>End of ASOIAF coming soon...

a

The next one probably won't be a thing for at least 6 or 7 years.

d - dumb thread

but seriously we'll be lucky if we get it next year

I wish the series was ever discussed here without just reddit memes. The only good thing about them not being here is still being able to speculate and figure out with other people.

The books fucking suck, honestly kys

Wow. So insightful. Thank you sir, truly.

Are his books any good? Or just modern smut?

How do they compare to LoTR?

My brother is giving three of the books away to a used bookstore so I can get them from him instead.

I took The Idiot and The Sound and the Fury but passed on the Martin books, did I make a mistake?

FAT

PINK

MAST

MYRISH

SWAMP

Kek. That might actually work

>The three first novel are fucking amazing
What are your favourite novels, user? Your opinions seem... unusual.

That's not contrarianism, that's a completely mainstream Veeky Forums opinion. I'd say rating the books more than around 5/10 would be a more contrarian move.

the pale king
ulysses
the age of reason

>did I make a mistake
no

Less unusual

He'll never release the book now that Trump's president.

SUNSET

FOUND

HER

SQUATTING

IN

THE

GRASS

GROANING

I think you're overestimating how unwieldy the plot has gotten. In fact, if the show is any indication, the series is about to go through some massive paring down of plot: 90% of the King's Landing characters die and Dany is sailing to Westeros. We're going to get a lot of the plot lines converging, which means you don't need a POV with their own little backstory and adventure at every location. Plus gurm has said he's not adding any new POVs to the next book (though you can't always take him at his word).