How do I make the best hamburger?

How do I make the best hamburger?

What seasoning and preparation should I do.

Other urls found in this thread:

aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2009/12/the-burger-lab-salting-ground-beef.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First put some salt and pepper in a bowl. Then use google you Miller loving faggot.

Best homemade hamburger seasoning: equal parts salt, pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder, after mixing everything together add a very small pinch of cayenne and white sugar

Get a little butter in a hot cast iron skillet (don't season until you're ready to cook), then add your patties, brushing the raw side with mustard before flipping. After that just cook to your liking, use american cheese at the last second so it melts a little, and toast the buns in the leftover fat.

I did Google
I just didn't know if there was a way that Veeky Forums likes to cook them

Salt, black pepper and Worchestershire sauce. Done. Don't forget to let the meat sit for a few minutes after cooking it to make sure it keeps in all of its juices.

If you're feeling cheeky, add some strong English mustard sauce. Don't forget tomatoes, lettuce, and onions - oh! Cook the onions with the patty. Make sure the onions are browned yet crunchy. Toast some buns, assemble burger, then clap.

Thanks I didn't really think of that of cooking the bun in it.

Fry the meat with a little bit of red wine. Also, what everyone else said

LITERALLY all you need is salt, pepper, and worcestershire

The seasonings are not as important as making sure only to season the outside of the patty and doing so only right before cooking. If you mix salt into the patty, it denatures the proteins and will have a texture like sausage or meatloaf.

aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2009/12/the-burger-lab-salting-ground-beef.html

>I didn't really think of that of cooking the bun in it\
truly the kind of retard that would post asking how to make hamburgers

Sounds about right

OP came in asking for advice, not talking like he was King Shit of Hamburger Mountain.

You two are cunts.

Whiskey and hot sauce. Then grill that shit over charcoal.

>Chemical additives

Form patties then salt and pepper them. Don't make this shit complicated, it's a burger. The more simple the better. BBQ those fuckers if you can.

Trim and grind an actual cut of meat yourself, or at the very least get it freshly ground from your butcher.

I'm saddened that no one else has even mentioned this obvious fact.

If you start with shit meat, you're not getting an amazing burger no matter what the other suggestions say.

If you want to go the extra mile, bake your own buns.

>grind your own hamburgers
>and bake your own buns

you forgot your big glasses there kermit, but thats none of my business

You trying to start shit with this amphibian, boy?

>not grinding your own mustard seeds

fucking plebian

>"Guys, how do I make the best mac and cheese?"
>"OP, take kraft dinner and add salt and pepper to it. Wala!"

Shouldn't you be scouring the board for opportunities to mcchicken post?

>"OP, take kraft dinner and add salt and pepper to it. Wala!"

It's actually spelled "voila" not that you would know anything about french cuisine, you fucking commoner.

I bet you've never even had a sous vide hamburger made from dry aged wagyu

Who are we both kidding, you couldn't even afford it on your barista salary

user, I'm not really sure why the concept of grinding meat is so foreign for you, but I hope you can overcome it during your stay at a board about cooking food.

I'm not telling OP to make pretentious ceremony over his meat hockey puck, I'm offering advice. The buns part was also noted to be going above and beyond.

tl;dr
user pls stop shitposting I was just trying to help

>Not personally slaughtering your own cow in a kosher fashion
>Not growing your own wheat for the buns.
>Not fertilizing the wheat with the cow's shit as you raise them both
>not making cheese from the cow's milk
>Not taking a bite of a burger and simultaneously tasting the meat, blood, milk, and shit at the same time, uniting your soul with the essence of what it means to be the cow as you eat the cow.

You really don't know the first thing about hamburgers do you?

Just go to 5 Guys for the best possible burger.

McChicken>In N Out>literal overpriced jew shit>five guys>whataburger

Didn't some guy try this with a sandwich and say that is tasted horrible.

>It's actually spelled "voila"
"I have been here for five minutes and what is this": the post

I found a detailed and accurate recipe book for every McDonalds recipe that apparently some guy who worked high up there stole/smuggled out and learned the key to a McDonalds burger, which, after giving up fast food, I crave fairly often

>20% or higher fat beef mince
>any cheap buns
>for each patty add 4 parts salt to 1 part pepper to 1 part MSG
>Toast said cheap buns for 60 seconds
>Add garlic and onion powder to ketchup, make your own higher sugar ketchup if you can be bothered
>3 dots of dijon mustard, 5 dots of custom ketchup in a pentagram on bun
>2 pieces pickle, onions and lettuce to taste

Literally that simple. The MSG and ketchup and fat are what make it taste McDonalds

There's probably a couple things I'm forgetting but google will be able to find the PDF recipe book I'm talking about.

McDildo's doesn't use dijon bro

Also a related question:
What percentage of beef/fat should I buy for a good burger? I heard 80% beef - 20% fat is good

Good man.

You don't eat dairy cows.

They're for frozen burrito filler and dog food.

Most people couldn't make decent cheese without a few years of training/experience.

15% at the very least. 20% is recommended. Some "gourmet" burger joints use up to 30% fat. The fattier your beef is, the more juicy and inherently flavorful the final product will be.

How much seasoning should I use?
I used Salt, black pepper and Worchestershire sauce, garlic powder. I throw it in a pan with some butter and then cooked it.
It didn't taste too well.

>make patties out of 85/15 ground beef
>6 oz patty, 5 inch diameter, ~3/4 inch thick
>fry in hot pan with no oil or butter
>salt + pepper on top after you put it in the pan
>cook on one side until fully cooked
>flip, add salt + pepper to other side, place cheese on top
>cheese melt its done

this is how I cook them. I eat them plain, too w/o any condiments. I like that nice thick seared part on the side that goes down first.

in my opinion, the fancier you try and get with a burger the shittier it's going to be. "rare, medium, etc" uncooked patties are terrible. Ground meat is tender it doesn't need to be rare and mushy. The good flavor of hamburger pattie comes from fully cooked meat not raw.

A few rules that many people break
1. No need to season, use a high fat ground beef for flavor.
2. Patties should be thin, otherwise they won't cook right. You can buy a pattie smasher so you can flatten it after flipping the first time.
3. Toast your buns. Easy step that does wonders for flavor and texture.
4. Temperature matters, aim for around 350F on your grill or frying pan.
5. Condiments go on both buns. Fresh toppings go above patty, cooked toppings go beneath patty.
6. Cheddar is the best cheese for burgers. You can try other cheeses if you want variety, but ultimately cheddar will always taste best.

>85/15 ground beef
That's probably where I messed up, I had one that was 27 perfect fat. I'll follow those steps next time.

approved

What do you think veal is? One bull can inseminate hundreds of cows, they have to do something with the rest of the male dairy calves.

>hurr durr if you have a cooking related discussion topic DON'T POST IT ON THE COOKING BOARD, google that SHIT!!!!!!

go stick your head in a dick, fucking pinhead