Just went to a costco for the first time. I have to say I'm not super impressed. They had several good deals...

Just went to a costco for the first time. I have to say I'm not super impressed. They had several good deals, several bad deals, and terrible selection.

For instance they had a single bag of frozen vegetables. One. Or they didn't have more than 2 types of dried pasta.

Is this typical?

What the fuck kind of shitty costco did you go to that had a SINGLE bag of frozen vegetables, or only 2 kinds of pasta?

The big single bag contains 4 smaller bags

I meant that they had a single frozen vegetable variety.

I don't know, first one I've even been in. I take it that isn't typical then?

Wtf? This is not normal, my costco has a gorillion different types of frozen vegetables/mixes
Do you live in Redneckistan?

If you're single or live alone, then wholesale shopping is a bad idea.

You're really not going to save a ton of money in the long run just buying ramen noodles and frozen food in bulk.

There are much better things to complain about.

>Mandatory penis inspections at entrance, check out, and exit.
>Soft serve at food court is total garbage
>Type of people that shop there are some of the worst outside of Walmart because of the free samples
>Always lines for everything at peak hours, never have this problem at grocers who aren't too retarded to open all check out lanes.

Product selection is better than average and literally all stores have good and bad deals.

It's not like a grocery store. You're not going to see a huge variety of one type of product like pasta. It's gonna be like one or two of a thing and it'll be in bulk. There are some exceptions to this, of course, but really this shit is for like.. hosting an event where you need ten gallons of salsa or you're stocking your employee break room and you want a box of 1000 k-cups.

noob

Sorry I clarify, product variety is not better than average but the stuff they do have is usually better quality.

Plus their carts collapse when I put my anvil in them and the popcorn in the popcorn pits is nasty

Single brand? Yes it's a good brand though. Only place I buy frozen veg from desu senpai

Costco isn't the type of store where they sell horrible shit. They aren't going to let you buy the awful version of anything.

The whole store is curated for you so that if you pick up pasta, it will be good pasta. You don't have to worry "I wonder which type I should get?" They have 1 or two vacuum cleaners, they have 1 or two pressure washers. They have wild and farm raised salmon. You get to make a couple choices, but they have narrowed it down to a professional level, or expensive option and a cheaper option - and both are best in class.

This is not for everyone. Some people want more freedom and more choice. Other people are OK with the consumer part of their life being limited to a curated set of items that are all of known quality and well trusted.

If I want variety or uniqueness I go shop online. But if I am buying a paper shredder for my home office, I'm going to go get either the expensive pro version or I am going to get the cheaper one - both available at Costco, and both will be top tier for their price range.

That's the beauty of costco. Do they have screamin sicilian brand pizza? probably not. but you know what? screamin sicilian is owned by a gigantic pizza conglomerate and costco curated a 4 pack of pizzas from that conglomerate for 9 dollars - so i don't give a shit.

and kirkland signature is one of the best store brands there is.

unironically this

Costco is as bad as, if not worse than walmart.

It's Walmart with a velvet rope for retards willing to pay a membership fee

all the supposedly "superior" wholesale shoppers would talk about how they love Costco because you don't have to deal with 100 welfare niggers fighting with the cashier over food stamps, like you do at walmart.

But I should have known something was fishy when I said I would check it out, and they immediately go

>DUUUDE DONT FORGET TO BUY A HOT DOG AT THE FOOD STAND XDDDD

>and kirkland signature is one of the best store brands there is.

how does Costco's store brand compares to Sam's Club?

Their olive oil, and many other products have actually won top places in product comparisons done by various magazines. In many cases they are the best quality at the lowest price.

If you don't have a costco membership you are doing the entire thing wrong.

I have a Sam's club 10 minutes away and Costco 12 minutes away, Costco is by far the better option in my opinion.

True that. Hell they basically contract with big name brands for their Kirklands stuff. Their vodka is Grey Goose, their tires are Michelin, their single malt scotch is Macallan etc.

They take the rep of the Kirkland Sig brand pretty seriously.

Also fuck yeah 1.50 all beef hotdog and soda.

cheap garbage at average prices. no liquor in my state though, so maybe it's good, I don't know. got some nice wire shelves and good trash bags, no food that I haven't regretted buying

nobody has ever asked me to buy a hot dog there ever. they don't need to advertise it.

trips of truth, i've never had someone ask me to try their food, they just sell good cheap food.

look 2 posts above the one you wrote

Kirkland Signature Single-Malt is literally Macallan.

This is pretty good. Also the kirkland brand allergy medicine is great. I believe the claritin bottle is like 100 pills for 30$ and the off brand is 365 pills for like 20$. Same mg of loratidine.

The tequila is a great deal.

Meat and poultry isnt great prices with certain exceptions. Prime brisket is $2.99/lb which is great. But stuff like pork butt is around the same price as you would get in the store unless you buy a case but its not practical for the average consumer. Sometimes the choice flap meat is a bargain but you have to cut it into carne asada yourself which takes some skill to do correctly.

>you don't have to deal with 100 welfare niggers fighting with the cashier over food stamps, like you do at walmart.

>implying that is not an excellent and sufficient reason for loving Costco.

You sure?

the real shitter is that the line for the ebin hot dog deal is like 15 minutes long unless you go during NEET hours

Costco is a meme. I'm saying this in my own self-interest as I don't want you shopping near me.

IT'S A MEME PEOPLE CANCEL YOUR MEMBERSHIPS THERE IS NOTHING GOOD HERE YOU HAVE BEEN FOOLED BY SOME RUSEMAN

Costco's great if you spend 5,500 bucks or more in a year since your Costco rebate already covers your cost of membership.

>They had several good deals, several bad deals, and terrible selection.

Their selection changes all the time and will vary further by outlet.
They buy up whatever's immediately available in huge bulk, the only constants will be their store-brand

>5,500 bucks or more in a year
Is that how much to braek even?

If you shop for a medium to large family that isn't too bad.

Yeah, but given that you can buy practically anything at Costco it works out well.

Good for gas as well.

Does the gas count toward the 5k?

Er, no the gas doesn't count towards the rebate but the gas is way cheaper than other places.