Female "writers"

Does anyone else just skip out on reading books if you see it was written by a woman? I see books that sound interesting, but then I see its written by a woman who are inferior. Has any women written something of merit ever? I don't mean faggy poems either, that shit doesn't count.

I used to do that in highschool ten years ago.
now my favorite writers are female.

i only avoid reading women post-1960

Of course not. Instead, I flip through the book and look at a single paragraph of prose. Usually that is enough to tell me the standard.

William Gass called this the pg 100 test. A writer should be consistent throughout the whole novel if they are really good.

90% of everything is shit, user. That's irrespective of who's writing it.

>by a woman who are inferior
???

>Has any women written something of merit ever?
Sure. Try Virginia Woolf or Flannery O'Connor.

90% of your post is shit
and guess what, you were right about 90% of everything is shit

People seem to forget that what is widely considered the first proper psychological novel was written by Murasaki in Heian Japan

Yes, I often skip something if it's by a woman, both fiction and non-fiction. I'm probably missing out on some great works, and certainly not every male writer is a master. I suppose I am simply prejudiced against female writers and academics because I have not looked into them enough to hold any other opinion.

I can't imagine having to read genre fiction written by a woman. It's absolute garbage.

I'm not sure if this is an attack or not, but i'm not in high school.

Yes but males are generally much better at writing.

So? Is that actually good? Usually the first of anything sucks ass and is improved and made good by someone else.

Glad you agree.

Women seem to enjoy reading the works of female writers (or at least pretending to). So there is something to be said for them enjoying the consumption of their own excrement, even if we do not.

yes, The Tale of Genji is good.

poetry is intrinsically more complex than prose, regardless of your lazy prejudice.

Given that Genji is still one of the works at the core of Japanese culture, with tons of other works referencing it, yes.

The scope of its depiction of Heian life and extent of poetry is extremely thorough. But this is pretty much the only female novel I can think of that actually counts as ground shaking. Virginia Woolf is poetic but she didnt start the stream of consciousness style.

Frankenstein is groundshaking by that standard

"groundbreaking" implies something pushed pre-established borders.
ToG was groundbreaking because it was the first novel.
there aren't many groundbreaking works by women because women weren't taken seriously in their pursuits. George Eliot is famous because she uses a male pseudonym. Decades later, Woolf became famous only after teaching herself in her father's study because women werent educated like men. Much of Austen's articles went unpublished.
you can't invalidate and stifle a group and expect them to produce at the level of those who are encouraged and unhindered

You're pretty pathetic. But you know this.

Genji is considered one of the pinnacles of Japanese fiction and influenced the entire cultural landscape thereafter. Shelley didnt even start the Gothic movement or cement it the way Poe did. Both are different statures of writers.

I honestly don't care. I used to abhore women. I was /r9k/ incarnated. After failed relationships because of my insecurities and hatred of women I sat down and thought about suicide. After putting the bullets into the gun and staring at the loaded firearm I realized that it's pointless to kill myslef over my faults and the ways of women. Women are the way they are because that is the way they are meant to be. I accepted that life won't be what I want it to be so pity/hate posting on Veeky Forums about women and my problems with them won't fix shit, it only makes it worse.

I haven't posted in /r9k/ in 6 months and now I have a gf who looks beyond my flaws and insecurities and I look beyond hers.

I think 99% of female literature is trash but if it cathes my eye or seems interesting I won't push it away simply because the author was a chick.

>books .. it
>I see its written by a woman who are inferior.
>poems .. doesn't count
>Has any women written something

Subtle. You caught a lot of fish with that one. I usually add 'their simply inferior' or 'a women writer'. Try that next time lad