Being vegan

>being vegan
>ever

Why ? I can understand someone is vegetarian but I can't understand why would somebody could fall for the vegan meme

Not bait, I am legitimately asking

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pSPU4fCfyzc
climate.nasa.gov/causes/
youtu.be/OwqIy8Ikv-c
pcrm.org/health/health-topics/dont-take-the-bait-fish-is-not-a-health-food
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The milk and egg industry and environmental nightmares.

being vegan isn't all shit, kenji has some awesome recipes that are amazing, but the real reason people are vegen op has nothing to do with the environment or industry, its about sex. people would rather give up meat and eggs and milk than stop fucking and having so many children, thus requiring so much destructive industry

fuck off you childless homo

Yeah this is correct. Being vegan is better for everyone

They believe that humans aren’t better than other animals.

That sounds way more retarded than just being vegan for the animals.

we objectively are

animal agriculture industry is a plague. we're ruining the planet and our future so some amerishart can have 1 dollar hamburgers.

>Refusing to eat quality egg/milk based product

And please don't bring vegan "cheese" and "cake"

Those Will never taste as good

Also you need protein supplements

vegans are all virtue-signalling faggots who have purity-spiraled themselves retarded

all of their rationale is so much bullshit to make themselves feel like they're better than other people
>uhh you're an evil animal torturer
>uhhh muh environment, you're killing the world and I'm jesus
>uhhhhhh i'm so morally evolved compared to me u are a brutish animal but animals aren't brutes tho :^))

vegans are assholes

little tiny bird brains

Cry harder, faggot

It's all a fucking meme. Just don't eat red meat like a pig and you will reduce the impact on your health and on the environment. Aneridumbs just can't into moderation. And no, you are bit a fucking vegan if you eat fish and chicken, you are an attention whore.

Not a vegan myself (not even vegetarian), but in that trip, 2 non vegan men also died. There was a storm or something.

Animal industries have a really bad impact on the environment, not to mention how fucked most of it is.

Animal products also tend to be bad for your health, so a lot of people do it for health reasons.

I try to limit how much I eat meat and dairy and eat mostly vegan but sometimes you have to enjoy simple pleasures in life

But no one cares if there's no irony.

>Animal products also tend to be bad for your health
People actually believe this, way to fall into big soy.

I don't eat soy either.

Cholesterol and saturated fat straight up cause heart issues, you can deny it, but it is fact

It's for that sense of superiority. "I'm above all those dirty humans, my imaginary superior friend", thought the vegan. "Take me in", he finishes.

Anyway, I can see myself going vegetarian, because I eat less and less meat every year (I still like it, but I don't actively seek it), but never vegan.

Fact: If a person or behavior seems really strange to vast the majority of the world population, 99% of the time it is due to a cataloged and recognized mental illness or inadequacy. Veganism defies common sense and human nature. Chances are every vegan has some form of mental illness or learning retardation, whether it's diagnosed or not.

I think in the vast majority of cases of vegan mental illness it stems from the fact they were never accepted when they were young. They grew up longing for a welcoming group of people they could bond with. They meet an evangelizing vegan who beckons them to join their cult and suddenly they've found their place in a tribe.

Truth

>inb4 100 posts of saturatedfat vs. sugar shilling

I don't particularly care if someone wants to be a vegan. Honestly, the meat industry IS pretty fucked up.

My problem is, nearly all of the vegans I've ever known are such shit at eating that it boggles my mind. "We are going to opt out of this terrible industrial system!" they cry, and then they spend too much money on frozen, prepared Amy's dinners and terrible meat replacements. They criminally overcook and underseason veggies, make awkward attempts to replace meat, and make garbage tasting baked goods that are no more healthy for their omission of butter and eggs.

I had one vegan roommate who wasn't a proselytizing asshole about it, who was really, really proud of her cooking, and apparently went to some form of culinary school. In fact, her food was underseasoned, she put curry powder on EVERYTHING "because vegans like spice," and every single dish was essentially stir fried veggies.

I can, and on several occasions have, cooked delicious vegan meals. It is doable, and doesn't rely on expensive replacement ingredients (the most I've ever used was nutritional yeast, which i actually like as a condiment), and isn't any harder that normal cookery. It's fucking sad that vegans seem to refuse to teach themselves even basic cooking skills.

>Also you need protein supplements
You don't. If you eat a wide variety of plant foods you'll be getting all the amino acids you need in large enough amounts.
If you aren't eating poop or drinking dirty river water you're definitely going to need a b12 supplement though.

>but what about all the nonvegans who darwin'd themselves on everest???

They didn't go there with the express purpose of making nonveganism look cool and healthy. The news article isn't being circulated because she was vegan, but because she fucked up while having something to prove.

It is an eating disorder. people can calorie restrict and refuse to eat what others around them do but justify it with cute cuddly animals rather than dark medical pathology.

youtu.be/pSPU4fCfyzc

> I can understand someone is vegetarian but I can't understand why would somebody could fall for the vegan meme

It's the other way around. There's a logic to veganism; you don't want to kill brown-eyed cows and fuzzy baby chicks, so you disengage from animal products. Vegetarians, though, they're okay with chick slurry and calf theft as long as they can't TASTE the bodies. And that's weird, you know? That's denial.

The honey bee industry is an environmental disaster

We need to stop raping bees for honey, and let them die off so a major pollinator can disappear and make my all vegan food an even more expensive luxury item

Global warming isn't anthropogenic

There are some ethical, economical and environmental arguments that are respectable, like animal suffering, the meat industry being a fucking nightmare that does way more harm than good to everyone and all that entails supporting such a thing, you might not agree with those for a lot of reasons, and that's your own business, but they're not all fairy tales.

Careful and well planned veganism, if you can afford it, is not really a bad diet, granted that you go balls to the wall with it and again, you can afford it, both in the money and health sense, people with food or digestive deficiencies can ill afford a vegan diet for instance.

The problem with vegans, much like vegetarians, is that 90% of the times they're posers and hypocrites, they bitch about the meat and animal industry but at the same time they chug all those garbage soy products, like soy milks or "steaks" which are full of shit and do just as much harm to the environment as the meat industry, they usually force their diet on their children and newborns who can not afford a Vegan diet, and again, most of them do it because it's cool and trendy and because they're dumb fucking idiots who fall for whatever "health" trend garbage they read on the internet.

I met a few cool Vegans, but they're ascetic tier Vegans with their own farm who are completely self dependant and know just how much of a scam is the Vegan food industry, I can respect them even though I don't agree with some(most) of their stances, but unfortunately, the vast majority of Vegans are brainwashed morons that aren't any different from the average eater.

That said, there's worse shit around, like the whole Soylent Green affaire, now that is something we should worry about.

>I'm an aspy fuck up that is really bothered by the food choices of other people

plus you already know that people do it because its fucking scientifically proven to be healthy and its better for the environment

fuck off meat heads. no one cares about your self centered obsession with trying to force your diet on other people.

>I don't particularly care if someone wants to be a vegan
>my problem is that i obsess over what other people eat in these half dozen specific ways

what a fucking fag

>i'm an ass hat

Please read the following link, hosted by Donald Trump's NASA:

climate.nasa.gov/causes/

There was some bitch in my philosophy class arguing for insect rights.

even if it's anthropogenic we're still doomed
you should be proselytizing to chinese coal factories instead of wasting your time parading your high-horse here

youtu.be/OwqIy8Ikv-c

that sounds like a great idea to take the piss out of vegans actually
I'll have to remember that

Yay, our orange emperor! MACH - Make America China

Imagine how many small insects vegans kill by simply walking or driving places. Hypocrites.

You're not very bright.

It's the other way round, actually. Insisting that Humans shouldn't act as other omnivores and eat as they please is a claim that humans are inherently superior to animals and should be held to higher standards.

I'm a vegetarian and even I think vegans are fucking nuts.

most of my vegan friends just didn't really like meat in the first place, and wouldn't be able to kill an animal themselves, so feel like it's wrong to pay someone else to do it, especially with how shitty meat farming treats animals. a LOT of vegans were just vegetarians, but most people get sick eating a vegetarian diet and are told by their doctors to go vegan. i don't remember why though.

so most of my friends are cool about it, would eat eggs from my chickens, cheese from my cows, etc, but are mostly in it for health or ethical reasons. none of my friends think it's morally wrong for humans to eat animals, just they personally feel bad about it and don't really miss them in their diet.

>vegan apologists

>healthiest diet on a population scale
>MEME!!!!!
Sure thing and I don't even give a fuck about that sentient beings shit and only tangentially care about the environmental factors. They're great and undeniable but if you truly care about that you have to drastically change your life. Vegan is a good start but there's way more if you actually want to use that argument.

They are. Vegetarian isn't even close to batshit insane, like vegans. It's like comparing a Catholic that goes to church on holidays and Ash Wednesday with an Evangelical christian. One is reasonable, the other is an off the edge lunatic hypocrite.

There are reasonable people everywhere. The 2 vegans I know are perfectly fine. That word has a really negative connotation though, lots of arrogant, pushy and straight up obnoxious vegans, especially online.

Yeah but I don't care what happens to the earth. I'm treating this planet like a rental car. I didn't ask to be here any way.

Why do vegans not understand that some people just don't give a fuck about the environment or this planet's future?

That's because you're a selfish faggot who has never ventured outside of your neighbourhood

kys

Nah. I've lived in multiple states and traveled to other countries.

Nice name calling, child. You vegans have juvenile mentalities

>Veeky Forums
>not bait

Pic related

>Why do vegans not understand that some people just don't give a fuck about the environment

Plenty of vegans understand, and do not give a fuck, either! That's why they don't flinch when land is clear-cut for soybeans.

>enslavement to the supplement industry is better than enslavement to the egg industry

Eggs are healthier for man than your moral cause should allow.

and the economic fact of the matter is: it's cheaper to spend $1.35 on a carton of eggs than $5.30 on the hipster 1lb organic meme quinoa bag or $4.40 on the heritage buckwheat or even $2.50 on the pound of tofu or $2 for the pack of spinach or broccoli much less all these fucking things vegans need in combination just to get a healthy diet when they could just fucking eat eggs like the rest of us.

Lots of vegans seem to have a strange disconnect where they don't understand the difference between domesticated and non-domesticated animals.

An animal raised for consumption is not the same as an animal born in the wild. You might think the way domesticated animals are treated is cruel, but nature is cruel, and you're very sensitive. You would not survive in the wild.

And what would we do with all these domesticated animals if we did not eat them? If we freed all domesticated animals they would turn into a plague upon society, and then many of them would suffer greatly as they die slowly, no longer attuned to the skills needed to survive.

In my opinion, the morally superior argument is not to abstain from animal products, but to eat less of them. Otherwise, you are dooming these animals to a much less humane type of suffering and possible extinction.

i find it disgusting how vegans try to brainwash everyone with those fucking "this is what they dont want you to know" type of videos.

i have been to so many farms in my country and none of them have mistreated their animals, but these retards just sit on their computers all day sharing this shit without actually checking for themselves and making everyone scared f every farm to ever have existed.

whats also bad is the fact they are hypocrites. i have talked to many and all of the arguments go the same way.

they start by talking me down for not caring about animals/planet then i tell them they dont care either since they use computer/phones/cars/pretty much anything in modern civilization since metal industry is ruining the planet, to which they respond and i quote "ye but leaving those things behind would be a pain".

vegans literally do the least possible to feel better about themselves. it is not about the planet or the animals it is a self centered movement.

>Lots of vegans seem to have a strange disconnect where they don't understand the difference between domesticated and non-domesticated animals.

A lot of meat heads compartmentalize the idea of some animals being ok to eat while others are not of to eat. The distinction, for them, has no basis in logic - only tradition. Because their parents taught them it was ok in their culture. ITs similar to religion in that in america they think christ is their savior, but on the other side of the world it might be allah or god or buddha that they worship. In this case for some reason dogs are fair game in some locations and absolutely haram in others.

kinds of fucking faggy and super retarded if you ask me

I'd eat horse.
Or rat.
Or dog.
Giraffes too.

Not monkeys though.

>A lot of meat heads compartmentalize the idea of some animals being ok to eat while others are not of to eat

It's not any more arbitrary than when we divide up how we treat humans. It's okay to eat a cow, but not a dog. Just like it's okay to kill a suspicious thug, but not that co-worker you don't like. Or how it's okay to fuck the qt cardiobunny at the gym, but not your kid sister.

I get vegans. What I don't get is vegans ranting about "radical carnists"

I'm always curious as to where each vegan draws their own line.

Last person I asked said they would eat Cochineal but not honey.

It actually is a lot more arbitrary.

You're fucked up.

>t. sisterfucker

is the guy that said eating dog was less arbitrary than sister fucking.

if anything there is a good reason not to fuck your sister, but there isn't a good reason not to eat your dog. this makes eating dog more arbitrary. the shooting criminals thing is probably even more apropos.

it goes to show how off base meat eaters are. the sat fats clog up their brain synapses and before you know it they are voting for orange clowns. america is a fucking train wreck.

I'm vegan and I hate fucking talking about it to people. Every time I go to a restaurant with someone that doesn't know, I PRAY that they don't realize that what I ordered is vegan.
It's just a fucking choice I made about what I consume, I don't want to talk to random people about it all the goddamn time.
I needed to rant about this because when I went out for dinner last night I ordered something without meat and a coworker bitched about me being vegan for a literal hour. It was like I was on Veeky Forums irl.

And to answer the question I'm vegan because I don't want to eat meat and I'm allergic to dairy.

>not being able to create some shitty excuses
Deserved desu

People don't realize (because they are fucking stupid) that sometimes you have to tell the wait staff about your food choices to make sure that you are maintaining the diet you have chosen.

They also feel threatened by you, because your decision to not eat meat throws their indefensible choice to eat meat in the spot light. This makes them feel defensive and they try to put the spot light back on you.

But what are they going to do? bitch of an hour about something you didn't talk about at all?

Sounds like ck where there is a vegan hate thread several times a day, but not a single pro vegan thread.

this sense of persecution of meat eaters is like the fucking sense of persecution that christians have in america - even though they make up the majority.

its like fox news having the highest ratings, and calling other news organizations the mainstream media.

vegan hate threads are fucking retarded and people that care about what other people eat are fucking children.

i eat the fuck out of meat fyi but the amount of hypocrisy in modern day america is fucking astounding 24/7

>there is a good reason not to fuck your sister

Right, she's family.

>but there isn't a good reason not to eat your dog

Wrong, he or she is family.

You're REALLY bad at this.

>but not a single pro vegan thread

Radical Vegan hosts a vegan general that usually goes pretty well.

Well there are at least 3 vegan hate threads going right now, and plenty of meat heads in all the other threads that make snide comments that are totally unwarranted all the time.

People need to grow the fuck up and not feel so threatened by the little vegan in the corner.

yeah you are the reason people make fun of and hate vegans. drown yourself in pesto you fucking retard

>Wrong, he or she is family.

no.. your dog is a different species. just like the cows you eat.

you're really fucking bad at this.

>because I don't want to eat meat and I'm allergic to dairy

Well la-di-da. Somehow I suspect your coworker was bitching about it because you climbed into your pulpit and started preaching fire and brimstone like every other vegan female I've met irl. Usually the men vegans never mention anything about it and just go about their business. No one gives them shit either. Fucking female vegans have to make sure everyone within a 1 mile radius knows they are a certified member of a more highly evolved human.

i eat meat though. you guys think you only look like children to the vegans that you make fun of?

you look like children to any grown up around you.

>i can't handle other people eating food and i have to cry about it like a little numale snowflake
>females are the worst, i never have any luck with them

die in a fire

I'm a 28 year old man. The conversation was this:

WOOOOOOOOW YOU HAD THEM TAKE CHICKEN OFF THE SALAD, WHAT ARE YOU SOME KIND OF VEGAN OR SOMETHING
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW SO YOU ARE VEGAN WOOOOOOOOOOW WHY DONT YOU EAT MEAT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW WHATS WRONG WITH YOU ITS SO GOOD WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT WOOOOOOOOOOW

for an hour. I didn't say shit, I just ordered a fucking salad and didn't want meat on it or ranch dressing.

Well they sound like assholes, I would have asked if I could have had the chicken in that case. But, you're allergic to dairy? Lmao fucking genetic defect, kill yourself my dude

>or ranch dressing.

my wife orders her salads dry. I love it when fatties within a 25 mile radius hear that and start in with the:

WOOOOOOOOW YOU HAD THEM TAKE DRESSING OFF THE SALAD, WHAT ARE YOU SOME KIND OF HEALTHY PERSON OR SOMETHING
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW SO YOU ARE HEALTHY WOOOOOOOOOOW WHY DONT YOU EAT RANCH WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW WHATS WRONG WITH YOU ITS SO GOOD WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT WOOOOOOOOOOW

fatties are fucking disgusting

The dog being a different species doesn't mean it's not family, and the sister being the same species doesn't mean it's okay to fuck her. Categorization is more complex than you want to pretend it is. If you disagree, try letting a cow do your taxes for you next year.

its the same psychology at play

Their shitty decision to eat unhealthy is thrust into the spot light by someone that is making better choices - they instantly get defensive about it and it ruins their day.

Just try to ignore them. They aren't civilized enough to control the knee jerk psychological reactions they are having.

When they get defensive their endocrine system catches fire and they are set into fight or flight mode. If they are stuck at a dinner table they can't leave so they end up wanting to fight, but there is no one to fight so they just look upset and butthurt and can't help themselves.

Honestly, it's just sad watching people falter because of their animal instincts that they haven't evolved past. This inability to think things through calmly is actually likely the same mechanism that incapacitates them and makes them unable to change and live a healthy lifestyle since everytime they are challenged by it their base reaction is to flock to tradition and comfort and safety - which is whatever habits they have grown up with.

the whole thing is a depressing drama to watch.

you meat heads are fucking awful - but i feel bad for you because i know its not your fault that you aren't evolved enough and its not your fault you can't change. you're just shitty people.. desu

>The dog being a different species doesn't mean it's not family

Uh, actually it does.

It says it in the legal system of the united states, as well as the bible.

But you meat heads like to just ignore facts and compartmentalize things in a way that excuses your poor life choices... carry on.

>compartmentalize

social justice babble

are you going to say anything relevant ma'am?

>It says it in the legal system of the united states

The legal system of the United States says it's okay to eat meat. Looks like I win again!

I started eating vegan a few weeks ago

Not tastier, not healthier (but not necessarily unhealthy)

I do it because of muh environment.
I don't make a huge deal about it and most people are cool about it.
Still the occasional person who gets upset because I don't eat what they want me to eat.

Had a soy/seaweed burger that tasted legitimately like bacon which was nice. Fuck soy-based ground beef alternatives, I'd rather munch on the raw beans instead.
Also, spicy is the new savoury.

>meme
I didn't realize I was on the food and cooking subreddit.
This board is a fucking disgrace you normie faggots.

>vegans literally do the least possible to feel better about themselves.

They do more than you, faggot

Dogs are traditionally work animals so in the case it's a work dog the reasons not to eat it are fucking obvious, they are carnivores so the nutrition value of them is shit, they taste like shit, the meat is stringy cause they run around all day and also they don't have much meat on them.

But if I was in a dire enough situation that I had to eat a dog to survive, I would.

The farthest I've gone is pescatarian and I only did it because red meat and poultry is really bad for you and dirty as ducking hell. Pescatarian diet had been shown over and over to be the healthiest and that's why I eat that way.

OK, I have to know. what the fuck is that that he's holding?

>try to make someone else upset for not being a 100% shitlord.

>mobile poster doesn't eat red meat
Pottery

Fish is also bad for you.

pcrm.org/health/health-topics/dont-take-the-bait-fish-is-not-a-health-food

I'm getting really tired of people lying about visiting farms and saying there's no mistreatment involved.

Even if you go to your granny's backyard where she has a few chickens, you don't know if when you're gone she abuses them. Undercover investigations show you more than what they'll show you in 20 minutes of visiting, you dumb fuck. And besides, over 99% of animals come from factory farms with highly restricted access, and standard practices that are torture.

Stop fucking lying to make yourself sound more qualified. I've been to lots of farms too, I've worked with "humane" farmers (who definitely abuse their animals and laugh about it, but claim they respect animals to dumbfucks like you who want to believe it), I've been friends with government inspectors who have cried after leaving work because what they've seen and smelled was so horrific, and I've spoken with factory farmers themselves and slaughterhouse workers. You have no fucking clue what you're talking about and you need to sit your stupid, smug ass down.

Non organic quinoa is 2$ a pound, which makes a shit ton of cooked quinoa. I bought non-organic buckwheat for $1.50, $1.25 for a pound of tofu. Why are you using the organic numbers? Of course it's going to be inflated.

From the looks of this thread, there are a lot of people who are actively being oppressed by a vast network of aggressive vegans.

The reality is your big sister had a vegetarian phase and caused some momentary drama to your family meals because you were used to the same tendies and bacon every day, she made you all try beans once, and you got so traumatized by it that you spend hours each week ranting about it on a punjabi ironworking forum.

Here is a healthy arrangement of food. How angry are you after looking at this image? Do you feel the urge to commit violence now? Do you feel that your sense of well being is under attack? Good.

>you don't know if when you're gone she abuses them

I can't see you over the internet. You claim to be vegan, but you could be eating a steak right now. You could be murdering a person right now. Why give ANYONE the benefit of the doubt?

When I look at this all I see is work.

Also dem grapes

Veganism is just a socially acceptable way of announcing you're a homosexual to strangers without venturing into sexuality itself.