I want to get to a point where I can understand as much as possible about as many fields as possible...

I want to get to a point where I can understand as much as possible about as many fields as possible, to a point where I can pick up a random scientific journal and have an 85-99% of knowing what's going on.

I'm focusin on physics, chemistry, math, quantum mechanics, and astronomy.

Once I level up my math skills enough to finish Feynman, where should I go from there? I've got nothing but time and downloaded textbooks on subjects I've never even heard of; I just need to know what the most productive route is for learning as close to a theory of everything as an individual human can at this point in history.

What do next?

Other urls found in this thread:

academic.oup.com/bioscience/article/50/9/824/269838/Theoretical-Ecology-Illustrated
ecologyandsociety.org/vol19/iss4/art28/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3763016/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4922671
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ecology, systems&network theory/science
People who don't know life sciences and can't look at nature as an interactive whole are pretty boring imo

Cool, that's an idea.

I'm looking at going from Feynman into "Fundamentals of Molecular Engineering" and a bunch of books on electromagnetics and microwave and antenna design.

But also move forward in some other areas.

Seems to me that physics is more theoreticsl and requires more abstract thinking, whereas chemistry mostly consists of plugging observation-based numbers into a equation for the purpose of findinging the likely result of putting two substances together,

You'll never make it.

I've been told that before, and I'll prove you wrong.

10 or 20 or 30 thousands pages is no big deal, I just need to know which ones to start with.

I'll make it. I'm learning to defy my own laziness as well as the category society tries to put me in. I want to accomplish something that everyone said was impossible.

Besides, math and physics seem easy as fuck, honestly. This will be a lot of fun once I get past all the boring preliminaries.

All of the books you listed (or or equivalents), minues a couple (Complex Vaiables) are a part of my "boring preliminaries", btw, and I already know C.

All of those books are really just getting my feet wet IMO; all the fun stuff comes after, from what I understand.

You should actually pick a couple of specializations and learn everything about them. This will start you on a branching path to more general understand of topics. For instance, I learned a lot of the fundamentals of optics and some QM from a summer obsession with lasers. I learned a lot about inorganic chemistry from plotting to fuck over a guy who kicked me and some friends out of a party. It's all connected.

Also, this keeps your research grounded in something you are interested in/have an immediate use for.

Thanks.

Yeah, I'm looking to specialize in a few things, but at the same time, I feel like there's a required general level of knowledge for every subject if you really wanna be adept.

I mean, even if I specialize in, say, the development of medical nanotechnology, I should still know the basics and intermediaries of astrophysics to the point where I could understand, at least generally, what any random astrophysicist is trying to accomplish in their work.

That way I can specialize in my own ways while still being generally literate.

One of theeeeese is not like the other

Oh, lol, I just got that.

At my first glance I thought that was some kind of glossary of physics terms, like, "Oxford Ehanced Physics Bible, 666th Edition", which is what I assume anything with the word "Bible" on it to be.

Christians act nice on the outside, but then you see what they're really like.

Metaphyiscally speaking, they're the sort of people who who will rob you for millions of dollars and then try to buy your confience back with a few pennies.

Mean, corrupt, sadistic, ignorant.

Anyone who think sthat a Bible belongs on a list with those other books and studies them concurrently is somebody who scares me a little.

underage. or pretentious adult. worst case: pretentious underage. glhf

Yeah but the biofags would get butthurt if you didn't do basic bio

>minues a couple (Complex Vaiables) are a part of my "boring preliminaries"

You're not going to get far in advanced science without a good grasp on complex variables.

>10 or 20 or 30 thousands pages is no big deal

Not when they are dense and take you a hour to read a couple of pages.

On the contrary, someone who's seen the inner circles of certain churches and dealt with Christians who are about as high-level as Christians can get in society.

They'll take everything from you in the name of the "greater good" because "that lifestyle isn't proper", and then buy you a few burritos and invite you to church next weekend. Quite literally.

I'm not a fan.

There are some Christians, specific ones, I hate with an absolute passion.

Well, I don't know what "complex variables" are other than variables that are complex, or that they needed their own book, and that's the only reason why it's not on my list, and I've actually already got several books on it, looks like.

At any rate, if I run into a subject that I'm not yet familiar with, I probably already have several introductory courses already... I love the internet!

And I dunno. I'm going through some of my current math and chemistry books at extreme speed. Looking through some of the more advanced textbooks I have on acoustics, water pressure, quantum mechanics, etc., I'm sure that it'll be a learning curve, but I don't think it'll be hours per page, by any means. I can already understand what most individual equations are saying even if I don't understand what the numbers are referencing exactly.

And for every advanced physics textbook with a math orgy on ever page, there's a chemistry manual that tells you how to produce certain chemicals with a minimum of fuss. Learning everything will mean learning some grueling hard stuff, but it's not all like that.

My IQ used to be pretty high; after drug use and excessive stress, it's comparatively low, but I've some exercise programs and such that should get me functioning again. I get back to my regular imntelligence, I'm set; if I din't, then I've no business mucking about with science and physics and should just kill myself.

But I will. I will.

>Metaphyiscally speaking

That wasn't metaphysical at all.

>They'll take everything from you in the name of the "greater good" because "that lifestyle isn't proper",
>My IQ used to be pretty high; after drug use and excessive stress, it's comparatively low,

Maaaybe you should have listen to them.

Drugs were not the lifestyle I was referring to, and I do not altogether regret my drug-and-crime years.

Honestly, I hate to be a brilliant scientist in this day and age without any knowledge of the criminal world.

What use is it knowing how to bond molecules if you don't know how to avoid getting kidnapped by MS-13 members?

Who cares what you know about wavefunction collapse when you can't stay awake through Aryan mobsters running you over with a truck and leave you crawling hundreds of yards through the mud, screaming for help?

What use is your brain if it doesn't know how to wthstand the stress of being beaten, forced to watch friends get gang-raped or murdered while you are able to do nothing?

Most STEM scientists are absolute creampuffs. I've heard stories about how some of you fags end up kindapped, getting beaten and forced to work and suck dick by some mafia.

I survived all that, I'll survive anything else, I'll get my brain back, and I'll be stronger. Neuroplasticity is a beautiful thing.

Also, by the way:
>That wasn't metaphysical at all.
It was. You just didn't read into my statement deeply enough.

Also...
*I'd hate to be
not "I ate to be

Dude, lay off the drugs man.

isn't integral and derivative calculus all you need to know because A=A?
everything else can be derived from a combination of integral and derivative calculus

>math and physics seem easy as fuck

Oh my sweet summer child. Wait until you've seen the whole thing

Soon. Only drugs I'm using right now are wellbutrin and lunesta, but I do want those out my system eventually, so...

But it ain't all just drugs. I've been through some nasty shit, lost friends, been physically tortured, and anrrowly avoided being attacked, and in some cases kidnapped,, by some of the most dangerous people in existence...

I'm doing a LOT better than I have any right to be.

I wasn't intending to say anything about the application; all I meant was, I thought math and physics would be a lot more complicated than they are.

I don't know what I was expecting, but it turns out that they're just languages that describe how things change. Math has more in common with English than with whatever idea I had of it in my head.

I am looking forward to it, though. I'm gonna bring the insanity up a notch or three or die trying... and I don't die.

everyone should do this.

>Hakenite Synergetics
self organization of dynamic systems.
www.springer.com/us/book/9783540408246
>Biosemiotics
Interdisciplinary research involving everyone from theoretical biologists to philosophers of the mind. Sign relations of living systems. Biological Paradigm shift 2017, no joke.
zbi. ee/uexkull/biosem.html
>fundamentals of ecosystem science
Do not skip

>fundamentals of ecosystem science
Do not skip
www.sciencedirect.com/science/book/9780120887743
>illustrated guide to theoretical ecology
academic.oup.com/bioscience/article/50/9/824/269838/Theoretical-Ecology-Illustrated
>adaptive capacity
www.resalliance.org/adaptive-capacity
>ecosystem dynamics
www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-1119970776,subjectCd-LS2K.html
>landscape ecology
www.nature.com/scitable/knowledge/library/principles-of-landscape-ecology-13260702
>patch dynamics
www.mit.edu/people/spirn/Public/Granite%20Garden%20Research/Urban%20ecology/Wu%20&%20Loucks%201995%20Paradigm%20Shift%20Ecology.pdf
I would turn to marine biology to learn this

>Networks
Networks are everywhere this focuses are ecology but seriously, learn networks. They are what allow systems to work, and live.
Structure and dynamics
science.sciencemag.org/content/329/5993/765

sites.nicholas.duke.edu/martindoyle/files/2013/01/Ings-et-al-2009-J-of-Animal-Ecol-Session-3.pdf
Learn plant-pollinator, root-myco nets

>Panarchy: Understanding Transformations in Human and Natural Systems
Major key
>socio-ecological systems
ecologyandsociety.org/vol19/iss4/art28/

>Organic Non-optimal constrained evolution
The best contemporary paradigm for understanding evolution
link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-319-47581-3_1
Below are best as prereqs but you can do whatever
>evo devo
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3763016/
evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/evodevo_01
Click the links.
>niche construction
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4922671
>eco-evo
ecoevoevoeco.blogspot.com/2010/03/what-are-eco-evolutionary-dynamics.html?m=1
rstb.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/364/1523
>Eco-evo-devo
biology.mcgill.ca/faculty/abouheif/articles/Abouheif_et_al_EcoEvoDevo_2014.pdf
www.nature.com/nrg/journal/v16/n10/full/nrg3982.html

Not a suggestion PIGGOT. It's a command. I'm handing you a red pill. Learn and you will be seeing beautiful things in mundane places you used to glance over indifferently, have a better understanding of the powers that be.
READ THE CITATIONS
>not included
Ethology/behavoiral ecology. Learn about them. I'll link shit if I have time later.
>philsophy
Get into deep ecology, semiotics pragmatics semantics, philosophy of the mind and life after you get biosemiosis.
Go to the Stanford pedia of philsophy and fuck around for a bit.
Learn taxonomy

Now tell me what to learn

Higher math is gonna hit you like a brick wall, kid. "Flying" by isn't something that happens with more advanced texts, especially if you need to understand proofs and do associated problems

Okayyy buddy

You really should consider finding Jesus.

:D

how to make images for people bigger than ants

Never change user
Jesus has been dead for over 2,000 years foo. Paul was lying. Modern Christianity is built on lies. Jesus was a mystic jew that preach abolishment of sin and some of the other things the bible claims he preached.
Get a real religion like religous biology. Supernatural bullshit is bullshit.
You should really consider studying the links a posted, learn self sufficiency. Then saunter around for a while in a wild place study the local scientific knowledge, taxa and their behavoir, ecology and ecotones, geology and climate, history. Bring a qp of mushrooms and eat 3 handfuls at a time.
You will have a naturalistic mystical experience, shits cash yo

>Jesus has been dead for over 2,000 years foo

No, 1984 years.

>Paul was lying. Modern Christianity is built on lies

[citation needed]

>Supernatural bullshit is bullshit

>implying the universe can't have cheat codes

You can build a "theory of everything" with just basic intuitions. Seriously; education in high school chemistry, biology and physics is most of what you need to decipher 85% of what scholarly articles will throw at you.

When it comes to learning about the minutiae though, you may benefit from using wikipedia to learn more about specific systems and process and then buy books to fill in where wikipedia doesn't. At least to me that sounds more productive than spit balling with very expensive, rigorous textbooks.

>He doesn't understand basic A&P, cell bio, molecular biology, and genetics
Get a load of this brainlet

I can already tell from your rejection of Salvation through Jesus Christ and dismissal of Complex Variables that you might not be as bright as you think. From your writing style it seems like you might be in need of some mental help/counseling