What's your day job, writer-kun?

What's your day job, writer-kun?

Sitting at home reading.

Getting fucked by lots of nigger dicks.

He said job, Milo, not hobby.

neet

something better than installing wheelchair ramps and then fucking the old disabled ladies for money, or whatever the hell it is your shit writing ass does.

I work reception at an art museum

>manager at a small company

I work in a slaughterhouse

wow, so you ordered people to stack all those?

Damn fine work.

I knew there was a reason I blew 40k and 3 years on college.
"Put that box there!"
(Cashes paycheck)

Yeah, now all you got to do is write something passable, and you'll be set.

3/4 of the way there.

I work in a homeless mission in LA. Im there right now. My grandpa founded it nearly a century ago now

Normal jobs make me miserable since I get tired of dealing with regular people and feeling like a loser. I want to have a passion for something but too scared so instead I help junkies every day.

I work as an editor and I am getting my master's in statistics
>actually trying to make your living being a novelist

Veterinary assistant at a cat hospital

Junior Electrical Engineer

I use money to acquire more money and so on.

should've just euthanised it

What do you write?

seriously the only jobs available where I am right now is either baristas and dishwashers. It's so fucking draining.

Not so draining you can't write, correct?

I do experimental drugs for money

not him but have you done a job like that?

i used to work retail in a shit part of town. only thing i could do after a 11 hr shift of serving junkies and other assholes was mindless escapism like computer games, watching series, meeting friends and getting drunk

i'm sure there's people who are driven enough to pull that off but i couldnt

did you just assume my honorific

I'm a librarian and a part time clerk

that sounds nice. i hope i can get a job like that. i was thinking book store but those are closing one after the other ... except for the big walmart style ones but fuck working at one of those

I work in an office at a towing company and am a full-time student. I would really love to quit, but I basically get paid to sit around every day and read for eight hours.

Anyone have experience teaching ESL? I'm minoring in it and it seems like there are some decent job opportunities out there.

Tough to do with any sort of face-to-face retail job, especially when the dread of the next day is always in your head during off time.

>be homeless
>work 2-3 shifts a week in food service to cover food expense
>sit in coffee shops and libraries all day writing or reading

Running from cops and pissing in alleys I guess. I have no regrets.

I got in at the uni I go to. Being a librarian is great if you can get in, its easy and rewarding work

NEET.

criminal defense attorney.

sadly i'm more attorney writer than fiction writer these daysbut . this Saturday going start my full length. i swear.

Are you actually a librarian or do you just work in a library?

chick-fil-a

Let's say there's a really heavy cat. Like it's pretty fat. Except you don't realize quite how heavy. You pick it up, but your arms are tired, your back hurts. What do you do?

Construction superintendent. A thankless job where everyone you deal is a sub 70 iq imbecile. I hate it. Pays quite well though.

How do you keep your job if you're a criminal?

I just work in a library, but I have some "librarian" duties. Definitely low man on the totem pole

im a really good criminal. shitty attorney though.

Just have experience in china, which may not be what you're looking to do exactly.

Was there 2 years, had a great time. Got to travel a lot.

I think even if you are teaching ESL in your home country it will be rewarding. Learn about other cultures, languages, etc. Students typically want to he there and are grateful for your time.

currently in school for woodworking. but when i finish i will be an apprentice harpsichord builder.

Would be wonderful if i can make it my job, listening to classical all day and devoting all the time necessary to every fine detail, with no pressure at all.

>get up
>shower
>eat
>drink coffee
>go to work or class depending on the day
>come home
>drink
>do school work
>get 3.8GPA
>never write

I'm also a lawyer, but of the big firm variety.

technical writer

Go on. Daytrading?

I'm a government contractor at the DoD

Is Gaskun the male Butterfly?

>unironic shitposting
>reddit tier tastes and posting style
>cutely naive about it all
>old as shit

I think he's just so used to complete ridicule that he doesn't notice it anymore.

Grip

One grows a thick skin in an environment such as this.

I think we must hang here so much because we know we're brighter than a lot of you. Though we do try to help your snippy little selves up

half neet

Does charity work pay in Burgerstan? I'd be more than happy helping the homeless or what have you if it helped keep a roof over my head. Unfortunately I have to work a shitty retail job I dislike most days to not starve.

I can't speak about you because I tend to ignore your posts on the grounds that butterfly is a number of people all pretending to be some lesbian who may never have been here but
>we know we're brighter than a lot of you.
If you're putting your own intelligence on par with gaskun's then you're straight up retarded. Gaskun is undeniably special ed.

Archivist for a government agency.

It's cool. My boss does not really know what I do so I can just read & write half a day and nobody cares.

freelance bookseller

i buy books for $ and sell them for $$ or $$$

Fuck off, Yiannopowitz.

Fuck off, Goldstein.

centrelink

>we're brighter than a lot of you
I doubt it

I used to tell my mom about butterfly actually, and how I sometimes would imagine us meeting in a chat channel for a new Veeky Forums book or something and we'd eventually start dating, first online then in real life.

I had to "work it out" with my color organization tray.

According to that logic, writing, finishing and selling a bunch of books makes someone retarded.

I need a minute..

What is this program called exactly? Is it heritage carpentry at community college?

You'll need more than a minute if you think what you just said is logical.

I go to something akin to community college, studying carpentry (building furniture). but I acquired an internship at the harpsichord builder by myself.

>person creates literature and posts about them in literature section of a Burmese pet trading website
>another person calls former person retarded for creating literature
>internet logic

hire me pls. there are opportunities all over the world if you have technical writing experience.

I guard my mommy's house while she's at work.

Work as a game designer/project manager of a small mobile game company focused on girly games.

It's leaving me soulless.

>student
>want a job as a SMAW gunner in the reserves so i can still be a student
>never write

Attorney in matters of real estate.
I studied Philosophy and later Engineering before I went on to Law. The job market is a fucking battlefield. Don't fall for the STEM meme.

that person is retarded because they use a trip code on an anonymouse taiwanes animal carpentry dildo forum from which it's obvious to deduce that they spend 23 hours/day posting and have no fucking life

f a m

I'm an actor of sorts;
I get paid to work as a nigger. I shout at people at bus stops and help perpetuate ideology, AMA:

>Gaskin's writing
>literature

>self-publishing on Amazon
>published

>giving away free books in a desperate attempt to make anyone interested in your anime-styled YA podracing garbage
>selling books

>you
>bright

Hang in there, user

How does one get a job like yours? Currently at uni, what path should I follow?

cashier halfheartedly searching for something i can make a career out of

just applied to a position like this

I lose myself in the music, the moment

This. Yes he wrote a lot but it doesn't take a genius to sit down and write piles and piles of crap over a decade or however long it took him. Self-publishing isn't much of an achievement either.

All of you Veeky Forums NEETs, why don't you become psychotherapists/analysts of some stripe?

A lot of people on this board complaining about being unable to turn their love of literature into an actual job

Pick something more touchy-feely than full blown psychiatry or CBT or Transactional Analysis or whatever.

Choose a path along the lines of psychoanalysis, Jungian analysis or existential psychotherapy.

This might be a way to justify all the bullshit you've read and you will never be short of angsty quotes from Kafka or whatever to illustrate your therapeutic points with.

Instant money man

How can a Sudaca poorfag turn into an analyst?

Get a pleb job, whatever it takes, save up enough to study for a qualification, get a cushy psychotherapy office and fill all the walls with all the books you've ever read to intimidate your clients the minute they enter, ???, profit

is what the dishwasher would say ..

sounds fucking awesome to be honest

Shitty retail job right now, hoping I can weasel my way back into a better uni deal by way of test scores and tantric rituals

Are you a writer?

This. It helps me as a writer if i have a large cock in my ass as i read and write in my moleskin.

Living the life
Mobile posting and charging it in libraries I assume?

have you ever read his stuff? Do you have a link where I can find said crap? How much is there?

Andy weir self published.

Yeah...but his stuff was actually popular even when he self published it. As a matter of fact, it was popular even before he self published it, as it was originally a serial on his blog.

Note the big word Popularity in this post, and think of how that applies to gas-can

I've also self-published crap and shitposted about it here. I know firsthand that it's not some sort of impossible task.

He posted about it for years. It's some kind of scifi YA thing called "star epic" I think, I've seen it on Amazon before. His main claim to "fame" here is posting a photo showing a stack of boxes full of his manuscripts, so he wrote several books of it before there was any interest (not that there's all that much now).

Weak b8

Found it. It's called Fusion Heart. Star Epic is the series title.

I thought that was the sequel to Crazy Heart. In this one Bad Blake becomes an alcoholic cyborg.

Star epic?

Was space epic already taken?

Currently, installing and maintain the devices people get into their car when they get a DUI. I imagine the experience is a quite a bit like Muchos at the car dealership. Get to meet some interesting people so maybe it will help with the writing.

Logger in the Fall, alcoholic in the winter, sugar for maple syrup in the Spring

I saw that picture. If there's a book in every one of those boxes, there's like 10 or 11 volumes

in what way is it rewarding?

That was the best he could come up with.