Alcohol Withdrawal

So Ive been drinking about a 1/5 and a third of whiskey every day for the past 3 months and decided I would stop yesterday.
It has been no more than 22 hours since my last drink and I feel the worst Ive felt in my entire life. Couldn't get any sleep last night, shaking constantly, fever, and I just want all it to stop.
When will these symptoms go away Veeky Forums? Should I power through it or take the easy way out?

bump

any advice is appreciated

Give your liver a well deserved rest. Easy way out is pussy way out, only going to give you short term ease. Aim for non pussy long term.
I believe user.

thanks
i just hope this feeling doesn't last longer than 3 days
I found this and now im really freaking the fuck out

You prolly need to get some benzos my man. Seizures sometimes don't start until a few days in .

Whoops didn't notice your picture there describing what I was trying to say.

would i have to go to a doctor to get them?

>1/5 and a third of whiskey

do americans really know how much whiskey this is without thinking about it?

what the fuck does it mean? you drink 20% of a bottle then open another one and drink 33% of it?

sometimes eating sugary fatty junk food helps. like a rich piece of pie or ice cream or something

it's the closest thing you'll get to alcohol without actually drinking alcohol

Power through, dude. It won't last much longer. Physical alcohol withdrawal usually only lasts 3-5 days. After that, you'll feel so much better, and then you just have to deal with the mental desire to drink, which can be harder. However, there's some mind tricks you can play on yourself to stop that. What worked for me was convincing myself that drinking was poison (and it really is) but not just "drinking is poison that will harm my liver", but like "If I drink, I'll die". That may sound extreme, but it works. Also, you have to find things that can replace it. If I find myself thinking about drinking, I make a fizzy water with a lot of lemon twists in it. Or drink a glass of vegetable juice. Or mix cranberry juice and fizzy water. Or make a frozen lemonade. Whatever works.
Also, either get on Amazon or go to a health food store and buy Liver Detoxifier and Rejuvenator. It contains herbs and plants that will help get your liver back to normal.
Also, in case you didn't know, when you first quit drinking, it can make your liver hurt, because it's a shock for it, but don't worry that goes away too. When I quit drinking, my liver hurt for 3 days afterwards.
YOU CAN DO IT.
Drink plenty of water and cranberry juice, take a liver supplement like I mentioned, eat healthy, including greens, celery and cucumber (all good for your liver and kidneys), and do things that relax you.

a 'fifth' is 750 ml buddy. Hence the term.

Oh, and I forgot, if you can go to a doctor and plead that you're having uncontroable anxiety or panic attacks, they might prescribe you some benzos, which is a savior when you stop drinking. However, bear in mind that benzos are addictive as well, and you don't want to just trade one addiction for another, so you don't want to take benzos for too long.

Yep. Well hmmm unless you know some people. Check yourself into an ER for detox if it starts to get bad. Fuck I just had a hospital rep in my house yesterday for the last time I did that. Needless to say, I'm an asshole and these folks ain't getting a goddamn dime heh.

what is it a fifth of? and how about the 1/3? is that 1/3 of 1/5 - 1/15?

a fifth and a third of a fifth, sorry
k ill do that if it gets worse

It's just describing the bottle. Like "imma go pick up a fifth right quick". Then he also stated that he drank a "fifth" everyday plus 1/3 of another "fifth"

thank you desu

>It's just describing the bottle

so americans buy bottles that are only 1/5 full? seems wasteful. plenty of room left for the extra 1/3 in either bottle.

>so americans buy bottles that are only 1/5 full?
it means a fifth of a gallon

I don't get it.
I drank every night for the last 7 years and when I stop, I never have withdrawals.
I don't have shakes, I don't crave it, I don't hurt, or anything.
I'm a Native American so that might have something to do with it.
I just went two weeks sober and nothing bothered me.

Op here
does anyone know if weed helps? I have a bit left in my grinder but i dont want to risk it triggering anything else like cigarettes have done

My weedbros always made it sound like weed amplifies whatever you were using.
I'm not completely sure but I wouldn't risk it.
Just lie down and turn on some low music or a movie, but keep te volume down so it didn't hurt your head.
You might just have to let your body heal, I've been in your position before.

How much you drinking? I do a 375 a day of liquor now and don't really notice a withdrawal. Maybe if I pound it harder on the weekend I'll be anxious and have a higher pulse on Monday but it goes away. I also only drink in the late evening now so I spend most of my day sober.

Now at my worst I was drinking a whole liter of liquor a day. I would also drink from sun up until sundown and get up in the middle of the night for a shot. Did this for 5-6 months every day. Coming off that bender was hell on Earth and I had to check into the hospital for medical detox.

Don’t drink quite as much as yourself OP, but I sympathise on sleep problems. When I drink for weeks on end and then stop, takes about two or three days before I can get some proper sleep again. Lots of sweating, incredibly weird dreams when you do finally sleep for a few minutes and occasionally verging on hallucinations.

Its funny you post a picture of Taaka because that's what I drink, except the 1.75ml.
I drink a third of it a night, maybe half if I drank all day, which I normally don't do.
I usually wait until night and begin drinking.
I used to go harder but damn, my body can't take it anymore.

Pic related are my bottles.

I was drinking about a liter a day usually starting in the morning or afternoon, i really dont want to go to the hospital because im currently uninsured

pic related

Yea I drink Taaka too, it's economical. Far past the point of giving a shit what my booze tastes like. It goes down easy enough and usually mixes well with whatever kind of juice or non alcoholic drinks I happen to have on hand.

You're probably gonna die if you stop that abruptly, m8. Gotta wean yourself off.

Unemployed?

Yeah, I don't give a shit what it taste like and it's the cheapest alcohol I can find.
I drink it straight out the bottle though.
I do need some kind of chaser because Taaka burns the throat and it tastes awful.

currently
ive been blowing what savings i do have on this stupid fucking habit

every time ive tried that i just end up drinking the same as i usually do

user you need to taper off. Just drink less and less each night until you have it under control and are ready to go a night without booze. Seriously, this stuff is dangerous. Also, don't be afraid to seek medical help if you have the means. Alcohol withdrawals are not to be taken lightly.

Yessir, straight drinker here too. Chase w a sip of cranberry juice or OJ and I'm good. People in Al/ck/ said I was gross but for me the best vodka chaser is chocolate milk. It immediately kills any burn and since it isn't acidic like juices or soft drinks my stomach stays settled.

That shit will last two days tops. Just endure it and it'll be fine. Don't be a fucking pussy. Also eat something, helped for me.

Alright, just be aware you can literally die from withdrawals if your body is too dependent on it and you stop completely.