What's the verdict on Nespresso machines? Are they Veeky Forums approved?

What's the verdict on Nespresso machines? Are they Veeky Forums approved?

If not,then how do I make espresso at home?

Other urls found in this thread:

livestrong.com/article/475155-health-risks-of-cooking-in-aluminum/
foodtrients.com/news-page/health/aluminum-pans-health-risk/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminium
youtube.com/watch?v=uEfXRASN7B0
youtube.com/watch?v=-tbQwlZ20GA
youtu.be/a7veiJkvcu0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't drink espresso enough to justify doing it at home with an appliance that is probably a bitch to clean and takes up too much counter space.

Good luck though.

>take shit (espresso)
>Then Automate it and connect it to our smart phones

Why do Americans make shitty over concentrated coffee, then further ruin it with dumb machines like this?

*WHIIIRRRRRRR*
*SCREEEE*
*CHUGGAGUGUGUGUGUGUGGUGUUUUU*

>Are they Veeky Forums approved?
Faggot

Kek

Ywn roast own beans
Grind own beans
Enjoy superior cup (of any brew)

Unless you invest the effort to do it manually

Including a real, tho basic, espresso machine that doesn't use pre fabbed bullshit

OFFICIAL COFFEE MAKING TIERS

>Best Tier
Dedicated Espresso Machine (beans to cup)
Moka Pot, Hand-ground beans

>Good Tier
Moka Pot, pre-ground beans

>OK Tier
French Press, pre ground beans
Filter papers
Nespresso or other pod-based coffee makers

>Bad Tier
Just putting ground beans in a cup and adding hot water (AKA university tier)

>Poverty Tier
Instant coffee (nescafe, kenco, etc)
filter coffee from cafes
slow-drip coffee makers (like from diners)

OP the coffee is meh quality, the propetary pods are expensive and supplies run out quickly, the machines are noisy and require cleaning and water refills all the time, and the convenience is only slightly better than just making it in a french press or moka pot (pic related). You can get moka pots that work with electric induction stoves as well if you have one of those. They take about 10 mins to make an esrpesso and require cleaning but the coffee is much better. If you can't be bothered with that just put a couple of scoops of pre-ground coffee into a french press and add boiling water, coffee ready in five mins or so.

forgot pic

>Fedora Tier

this entire post

>Good Tier
>>pre-ground beans
>OK Tier
>>Nespresso
you're retarded

assuming you buy good quality pre-ground beans, yeah. nespresso uses poor quality and the pods mean that it doesn't get all the flavor our compared to using ground beans, properly tamped, in a moka pot

is there any truth to very bad health effects of cooking food in aluminum pots or in this case making coffee in it

Health Risks of Cooking in Aluminum.
livestrong.com/article/475155-health-risks-of-cooking-in-aluminum/

Is Cooking With Aluminum Pans A Health Risk?
foodtrients.com/news-page/health/aluminum-pans-health-risk/

The New Aluminum
More recently, with the possible Alzheimer risk in mind, cookware manufacturers set out to revamp aluminum cookware.
As a result, a new type of aluminum cookware – anodized aluminum – was created. Some very well-known cooks like TV’s Emeril has endorsed them – particularly one brand,
All Clad, but there are several other brands like Calphalon, Anolon, et al, that are also popular. What are these new-generation aluminum pans like? Here are some of their advantages:

Lightweight
Conduct heat evenly and are heat resistant to 1,222 degrees Fahrenheit.
Inexpensive
Resist abrasion and corrosion
Durable, very long life span
The manufacturers of anodized aluminum cookware explain ‘anodization’ of aluminum as an ‘electro-chemical process that hardens aluminum making it harder than stainless steel’.
The anodized finish is, they say, nontoxic and heat resistant to the melting point of aluminum. But are they safer than the old aluminum cookware?

According to the Anodized Aluminum Manufacturers, anodized aluminum cookware ‘leaches about 35 micrograms’ of aluminum into your food with each use.
If you use this cookware repeatedly in a day’s time, every day of the week, you obviously are going to get more than 35 mcg. Aluminum accumulates in your body, like other metals do.
People with kidney disease may have a hard time clearing it efficiently.

>how do I make espresso at home?
Get an espresso machine. I have a Breville 870XL, it's kind of nice because it has an integrated burr grinder (typically $150+ and really finnicky to find a 'good' one). You get what you pay for when you buy a nice one, but that's not to say you can't find a good deal on one (got mine as a warehouse deal on amazon with another promotion, ended up $470 for something that msrp's for $599

Studies have found aluminum in Alzeheimer's plaques, but nobody knows whether the Al is the cause or just along for the ride. Al is pretty common after all.

I'd put french press in the good tier.

That is if you grind your own beans.

>Al is pretty common after all.
yes, I was just reading this about aluminum.

Aluminium
From Wikipedia,
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminium

I have that exact machine lol

He means using a moka pot -with- quality pre-ground beans you dingus.

I use french press as an urinating device when I'm too drunk to walk to the bathroom at night

I'ld say 10 of them are pure bullshit garbage made up shit WITH ZERO SCIENTIFIC PROOF, just aggressive marketing!

12 HEALTH BENEFITS OF COFFEE
1.Coffee boosts your physical performance. Have a cup of black coffee about an hour before workout and your performance can improve by 11-12%. Caffeine increases adrenaline levels in your blood. Adrenaline is your body’s “fight or flight” hormone which helps you to prepare for physical exertion.

2.Coffee may help you lose weight. Coffee contains magnesium and potassium, which helps the human body use insulin, regulating blood sugar levels and reducing your craving for sugary treats and snacks.

3.Coffee helps you burn fat. Caffeine helps fat cells break down body fat and use it as fuel for training.

4.Coffee helps you focus and stay alert. Moderate caffeine intake, 1-6 cups a day, helps you focus and improves your mental alertness.

5.Coffee lowers risk of death. Studies have shown that coffee drinker’s overall risk of premature death is 25% lower than of those who don’t drink coffee.

6.Coffee reduces risk of cancers. One study has shown that coffee may decrease the risk of developing prostate cancer in men by 20 %, and endometrial cancer in women by 25 %.
People in the test group drank four cups of coffee a day. Caffeine may also prevent developing of basal cell carcinoma, the most common type of skin cancer.

7.Coffee reduces risk of stroke. Reasonable consumption of coffee (2–4 cups a day) is associated with lower risk of stroke.

8.Coffee reduces risk of Parkinson’s disease. Studies have shown that regular coffee drinking decreases risk of Parkinson’s disease by 25 %.
There’s evidence that coffee causes activity in the part of the brain affected by Parkinson’s.

9.Coffee protects your body. Coffee contains a lot of antioxidants, that work as little warriors fighting and protecting against free radicals within your body.

/next pg

10.Coffee may lower risk of Type II diabetes. Caffeine decreases your insulin sensitivity and impairs glucose tolerance, therefore reduces your risk of type 2 diabetes.

11.Coffee protects your brain. High caffeine levels in your blood reduce the risk of Alzheimer disease. It also lowers risk of dementia.

12.Coffee brightens your mood, helps fight depression and lowers risk of suicide.
Caffeine stimulates the central nervous system and boosts production of neurotransmitters like serotonin, dopamine, and noradrenaline, which elevate your mood.
Two cups of coffee a day prevents risk of suicide by 50 %.

/END of bullshitting

You have to be a serious rectal wart to use that thing. Get a burr grinder and some shitbox espresso machine like an adult.

>and some shitbox espresso machine
isn't the one he has a shitbox expresso machine already, why he needs another?
>are you retard

that looks like a k cup toy, are they actually espresso machines with a portafilter and basket?

oh right, you don't know the first fucking thing about espresso but are more than willing to open your cock holster about it.

those meme moka pots are trash.

>his coffee consumption habits don't solely consist of drinking it very quickly to achieve maximum effect

Get a fucking life losers you obviously have very little going on during the day if you are a coffee elitist

Too expensive for me desu, all I need is my moka pot and the hand grinder I inherited from my great grandma.

The 'strength' is pretty underwhelming.

I currently only drink Instant coffee, but i'm thinking of upgrading to a Nespresso machine.
The other methods require too much tinkering and there's a lot of room for error.

You can buy a refillable capsule and put whatever you want in it.

stop arguing, you are wrong I'm right.
provide details to protect your integrity or STFU

>those meme moka pots are trash.
WHY?

Very nice design, very nice mechanical machine.
But this is not the one that you have, this one looks brand new. perhaps even cheap Chinese replica.

Can you please post picture of your grinder, you know to see "the use" and authentic look of a heritage coffee grinder that lasted for so many years that ground so many different coffees.

idk, i just intuitively dont like using the metal so i refrain all the same

that's why I'm now questioning wisdom of brewing coffee in those aluminum moka pots, there are so many of them for so many years, must be millions all over the World.
and I hope the original Made in Italy are of better quality, that the aluminum is of better quality than the cheap Chinese replicas.
I do own original Italian made aluminum moka pot and I just purchased few days ago the solid stainless steel Made in Italy as well.

Bialetti Venus Stainless Steel Espresso Maker Review and How-To - Recorded with the Galaxy Note II
youtube.com/watch?v=uEfXRASN7B0

How to Use a Stainless Steel Stovetop Espresso Maker

How to Use a Stainless Steel Stovetop Espresso Maker

In the last video you get bit of a bonus of Italian music at the beginning and at the end :)

bellgab

Start sucking cock (and drinking coffee,assholes)

Jackstar as usually boring withy his posts

so now this is bellgab thread. you fuckers

I'm not going to argue with myself about freaking coffee,
so you coffee snobs assholes get in here and we will have huge "YOU KNOW SHIT ABOUT COFFEE" Event

anons when you drink coffee do you dink it to get horny and to seduce and fuck girls, or do you drink it just because

Just to share with you how powerful I'm, I just started to drink second bottle of wine and I'm fine with not having cup of coffee with it.
Coffee is so misleading, I rather have sex with real girl

Get one of these. So easy.

>So easy.
how easy?

Based against on Starbucks. Also, Nespresso is bretty good.

>look at these people taking pleasure in their lives

Must suck working a shit job where you can't take five minutes to enjoy a cup of coffee before your boss starts riding your ass. I guess time is money when your job requires you to wear a nametag and a hat, huh?

don't give any further coffee opinions please

what's YOUR point, idiot?

I REALLY LIKE THE WAY YOU CATEGORIZED DIFFERENT COFFEE MAKING METHODS.
THANK YOU VER MUCH

>>So easy.
>how easy?
VERY EASY!

This. I've had one for about 12 months and it's much better than my previous machines, which were more expensive.

Its not a real shot of espresso but it is a convenient and tasty way of getting some concentrated caffeine

just because

based health warning user

thats the point of nespresso, its easy and requires no cleaning

I don't know why this advert annoys me so much

youtu.be/a7veiJkvcu0

bro french press is easy as fuck

I don't speak French so can't read the instructions

>speak
>read
Retard.

>bro french press is easy as fuck
or as piss