Does 0 count as an imaginary unit?

Does 0 count as an imaginary unit?

I mean 0i, so yeah

Trivial case

The neutral element can always be considered whatever it needs to be considered.

no zero is a jewish myth used to keep the white man down..

ever notice why (((they))) keep saying how muslims and poos invented zero?

consider suicide unironically

You replied to twelve-hour-old bait, without sageing, to say just that?

0 is an element of every set.

is 0 positive or negative? real or imaginary? whole number or fraction? perhaps it is all of them.

(if 0 being a fraction confuses you, consider that 0 can be written as 0/n for any n>0 or n

False.

>is 0 positive or negative
neither

> real or imaginary?
both

>whole number or fraction?
It's a whole number. Fractions are just a certain way of writing numbers, so 0 can be a fraction.

>(if 0 being a fraction confuses you, consider that 0 can be written as 0/n for any n>0 or n

well it can be considered imaginary if you want, but it can't be considered a unit.

It's an identity arrow.

> Does 0 count as an imaginary unit?

The complex number 0 is both imaginary and real at the same time.

The word "imaginary unit" is usually used exclusively to refer to the number i only. Correspondingly, the "real unit" is 1.

>is 0 positive or negative? real or imaginary? whole number or fraction? perhaps it is all of them.

It could be confusing to call 0 a "fraction", because people expect fractions to be of the form "p/q" where p and q are integers, and q is non-zero.

If you really want to get the word "fraction" in there, you can say: "0 is a rational number that is equal to the fraction 0/q where q is a non-zero integer".

(1,1)

unit? no

>p/q where p and q are integers and q is nonzero

I didn't know 0 wasn't an integer.

u on some dumb

Consider the set of numbers you can multiply by a real number to get 5.
Then consider necking yourself

0 isn't a unit in C or Im(C) = { ai | a in R }

suppose there exists q in either set s.t. 0q = 1.
too bad 0q = 0

Newfags don't know what sage or noko is when someone (can't remember his name, I think he played Ripley in Alien) removed e-mail field.

Were you trying to get at something?

No he's defining a rational number and q cannot be 0 otherwise you get a divide by 0 error. You can find that definition online.
Consider the set {2}