How far can you get with populating with just one man and one woman?

How far can you get with populating with just one man and one woman?

I heard you maybe able to breed up to a village before there starts to be problems with the genetic code. Is this true?

Also, why is incest a problem if in both the Genesis scenario and the actual scenario both involve a little incest?

Other urls found in this thread:

worldbuilding.stackexchange.com/questions/3/what-is-the-minimum-human-population-necessary-for-a-sustainable-colony
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There would be all sorts of problems initially, but eventually enough mutation will occur that the gene pool will start to correct itself. That will take a very long amount of time, but can be hastened with proper monitoring and selective breeding.

>a little incest

kek, is that like being a little pregnant?

Fuck like rabbits, then hope two of them are different enough to not have a fucked up baby.

So hypothetically, if a man were to construct a rocket ship with warp drive to take himself, his wife, and a robot with him to another planet then there is still a chance of populating that new planet? What if there were aliens there who are compatible with humans?

>I heard you maybe able to breed up to a village before there starts to be problems with the genetic code.

All that means is those that express the shitty disorders hidden your gene will all die, and those who don't will live. You could create infinite people with just two starting.

>infinite people
oh shit, I think you may have just solved the energy crisis
>get two people to start breeding
>create infinite people
>feed the corpses of some of these infinite people to the rest
>give each a hand crank to produce energy
>infinite energy
gr8 job m8!

Not true. Genetic mutations happen way too slow. Since the first generations have just this one tiny pool of genes available, more and more 'duplicates' would be found and more and more genetic information would be lost until a generation is unable to breed or exist properly. You need at least the order of magnitude of 100 people to ensure survival, I think
xkcd's "What if?" explains the basic concepts well (>inb4 >popsci), but I think that particular article was only available in the book

looked it up, see minimum viable population. Most popsci pages claim you'd need at least ~160 people, assuming good healthcare etc., ie low risk environment. There has been a case of a population which survived based on 350 people, but with just 2 people... Just look up "why incest is bad".
worldbuilding.stackexchange.com/questions/3/what-is-the-minimum-human-population-necessary-for-a-sustainable-colony

Sexual selection is powerful, but not that powerful.

But that is borderline slavery.

What is wrong with popsci? It encourages others to embrace science more.

You're right. Black people are most suited for the task.

>what if there were aliens there who are compatible with humans?
this is so unlikely that you're more likely to meet a race of aliens that all look exactly like Charlie Sheen by a bizarre coincidence than you are to meet a race of aliens that you can reproduce with

Some autists hate it because it makes people learn about subjects without actually studying it and makes less people actually study science or something, idk

But even that sounds better than people who believe shit like flat earth theory, the moon has cooling light hypothesis, or even Islam.

But on Star Trek they engaged in full degeneracy without issue.

Tread softly, user, because you tread on my dreams.

Then how come aliens have been probing us for years, you fucking retard?

>What is wrong with popsci?

It is the Jew's way of subverting science into a vehicle for social propaganda.

Thats because in Star Trek there was a progenitor race that splooged the code for humanoids all around the galaxy.

Nice (LDS) artwork.
So...
Is this a crisis of faith or
Just mediocre bait

>How far can you get with populating with just one man and one woman?

Well, you start out with maximum four possible alleles for any given gene. If none of those are particularly detrimental, you'd do just fine until deleterious variants pop up due to random mutation. If any of the starting alleles were bad, you could end up with a weak or dying gene pool quite soon.

That's of course assuming you don't have access to genetic screening technology, in which case you could avoid unhealthy genotypes. But a small population/gene pool is always susceptible to fixing of deleterious genes.

I think somebody ran the numbers back in the early 2000's and recommended 160 people minimum to sustain a healthy breeding population on a generation ship - possibly down to 80 with "some clever social engineering".

>I heard you maybe able to breed up to a village before there starts to be problems with the genetic code. Is this true?

Well, unless you are both homozygotic for some deadly disease, you *could* knock up your mom and sire endless generations of healthy sister-daughters - if your kids have absurd luck of the draw in chromosomes.
Wouldn't recommend it, though.

With the idiocy that is /pol/ (you) I must side with Bill Nye on sterilizing white children. You should never breed. I would go one further and say you should be given a Doctor prescription for Domestos.