What is your opinion on pineapple on pizza?

What is your opinion on pineapple on pizza?

Imo it doesn't belong. The tastes dont't match and the texture is just wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5MYX6R2fuwE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I say it's fine, I don't get the controversy, it's a nice twist on a usually 100% savory dish
the real problem with hawaii is the shitty ham they generally use

ts not "bad", but it is a poor choice

Agreed, that's why I swap that shit out for bacon. Way better.

It taste fucking god

You'd have to be incredibly closed minded to discount it.
I used to be one of them, then I worked in a pizza place.
Do you know how much sugar is in pizza already? It's there for a reason.

"A lot of things can "work" on pizza but that doesn't mean they fit, like pineapple, even I like pineapple but people arguing it 'fits' the flavour profile of pizzas staple ingredients are just shitposting or don't have enough understanding of flavour to have an opinion on anything"

People don't get "sweet and savoury". They're simple minded in general. Most proles associate savoury with meat and sweet with treats. They're just underdeveloped.

Delicious

I've had a pineapple pizza with anchiovies and bacon for the last 3 years.
Fml

it's the best

pancetta, even better

if i'm being a piece of shit, i get ham, pineapple and pickled jalapenos on thin crust. that is the pizza of the gods.

This.

It's great but there's always too much pineapple IMO, making it too sweet. Grilling the pineapple first, and or adding jalapenos balances it all out way better.

prosciutto is a good choice too

i love it

If the pineapple looks like it does in OP's pic then that particular pizza place fucked up. Cubes/chunks of cold or raw canned pineapple aren't gonna work that well, mate.

Cut a little thinner, cooked a little better, a bit of scorch on those little fuckers? THAT'S a pizza. Good ham and/or bacon helps too. It all comes down to quality. Even the cheese can taste shit if you ordered a shit pizza from a shit place.

Just don't
I taste terrible, make or eat a real pizza instead

It can be good when it is used in conjunction with other toppings. A pizza with just pineapple? No thanks.

Fucking disgusting.

It looks like macaroni and cheese in the thumbnail. And frankly, I think I would prefer that over pineapple.

I don't like to mix sweet and savory. No marshmallows on yams, no mint jelly on lamb, no pineapple on pizza. It's my personal preference. I would never say it "doesn't belong." People can eat whatever the fuck they want to.

Ever eaten a chocolate covered pretzel?

a pretzel is not savory

basically this
grew up eating pineapple and bacon pizza

first time I had a "Hawaiian" pizza that was advertised as such with that shitty ham, I wanted to gag

It's salty + sweet, which is what pineapple and ham is.

good if you chop the pineapple to small pieces.

I'd kind of like it but I find that all the acid in the pineapple fucks up the texture of the cheese. If you cooked the pizza and caramelized some pineapples separately on the side to add on just before you eat I bet I'd have no problem with it.

Pizza is not just salty
Its garlicy
Its tomatoey
Its cheesy
Its greasy
Its savory.

Asking if I've eaten a chocolate covered pretzel is like asking if I've eaten a doughnut with chocolate icing.

I love it but its a matter of opinion. The whole "pineapple doesn't belong on pizza xD" is a facebook meme

Well have you?

I like it.

Reminder.

youtube.com/watch?v=5MYX6R2fuwE

It's ok. My local pizza joint only makes good pineapple pizza. The rest of their shit sucks. Probably because they put a lot of sauce in their pineapples for some reason

>sauce in their pineapple
wait what?

Or shitty canned (Contradictio in terminis) pineapple.