Co/ck/tail general

What are some Veeky Forums approved cocktails?

I'm currently enjoying a Sidecar (pic related)

Must be a chick

Martini, real, gin not vodka (shit) a few barely detectable molecules of vermouth
Rotating pearl onions, lemon peel, olives as available

Fuck off, mate. A real sidecar, not the crap you usually find in bars, is a bona fide classic cocktail. Same goes for daiquiris too.

cocktails are for cucks who can only get bad liquor because of poverty or prohibition

Do you even know what a real cocktail is?

>daiquiris
Roight sheilla, good on ya

Pansie drinks mostly

A good sidecar is a great cocktail. These philistines don't know what they're talking about, as usual. I'm also a big fan of Manhattans.

Read a book, you stupid faggot.

A dark and stormy for when i just wanna chill alone. When im out with my mates though, only a long island ice tea will do because im not a pussy and im trying to get fucked up!

What are the best sources for cocktail recipes?

I tried to make an El Niño recently, but every recipe was different, some vastly so

I usually go on allrecipes.com and just try a bunch usually I find some good'ins

The Negroni I'd say. Kinda want one now.

>cognac drink
>girly

Why would someone do that, just go on the internet to shitpost?

Manhattans are a top tier drink.

A French 75 is a good one. So is a Hemingway daiquiri

You just cant beat a good ol negroni...

There's a tonne of good books out there,
BAR BOOK - Jeffrey Morgenthaler
Savoy cocktail book - Harry Craddock/Peter Dorelli
PDT - Jim Meehan
Drinks - Tony Conigliaro

just made my first mint julep and I say it is quite tasty

I'm not sure what it's called but I like to mix together a tablespoon of dissolved brown sugar, the juice of half a lemon or a lime, fill it up with some water and pour in some rum.

That's grog, son.

The Division Bell is incredible, I highly recommend it

1 oz Mezcal
3⁄4 oz Aperol
1⁄2 oz Maraschino Liqueur
3⁄4 oz Lime juice
1 Grapefruit peel

Canada House and Pibb Xtra

Learned to make those recently never really had much with cognac before but man is that one hell of a drink.

>a few barely detectable molecules of vermouth

You're a pleb, vermouth is literally the best part of a martini

Rye old fashioned is my go-to cocktail. I'm not really a cocktails kind of guy, but if I'm going to have one, it's that. Manhattan is a solid choice too.