Can one learn Calc 1 and 2 in two months?

Can one learn Calc 1 and 2 in two months?

one can if one must

Well enough to take a test but you may forget it all in a week.

Not intuitively I'd say
Though I picked up all of trigonometry and half of calculus I in one summer so who knows

Depends on what you mean by two months. If it's studying for several hours every day then yes. If it's skimming through textbooks just before bed then no.

Of course. Most of Calc 1 you should be largely familiar with from high-school. Calc 2 isn't hard unless you're completely unsuited for maths.

Ignoring applications, I'd say you could tear through the calc I and II chapters of a typical calc book in 8 weeks if you spend 15-20 hours a week on it. This is assuming you can read through a section in 1-1.5 hours (or watching video lectures and taking careful notes) and spend 5 hours working on problems for each chapter.

Definitely doable, you just have to be willing to do the work. Meeting with a tutor for an hour or two a week to show you the big picture could also be something to consider.

Calc I's density is laughable. All of it can be learned in a week, no fucking joke.

Calc 2 is another beast though. Calc 2 really rounds up calculus. While in Calc I (derivatives) everything was trivially computationally solvable, in Calc 2 you actually have to think. You have to really study single series and integrals in order to work through problems. And being able to study functions and sequences at a deep level is something that can't be learned immediately. However, if you push through Calc I in a week then you have almost the 2 months for calc 2 which means that if you focus you may be able to make it.

It'd be hard obviously two semesters worth of work. Doable, but not advisable.

You can certainly learn and understand the concepts over the summer but I'd have a very hard time believing that someone, who has had no previous exposure to calculus, is going to become proficient in two months. And what I mean by that is to be capable of solving problems and working the mechanics.

If a person was going to accomplish this feat they would need to be an expert on algebra and trig. One of the hardest parts of calc I and II is that students will realize that they need to already have an expert level understanding of algebra and trig.
I also have a hard time believing that you would be able to go on to analyze a real world scenario and be capable of understanding how to apply calculus to solve a complex problem which is something most students, especially engineers, must be capable of doing.

Then again, if the worst you can do is try and fail, you must just accidentally succeed.

But you will need to dedicate at lest 4 to 5 hours a day if not more if you find yourself struggling.

I ended up taking calc II as a 6 week summer course and it was possibly the hardest course I've taken throughout my entire academic career due to how condensed the material was. We started with a full class of 35 students, I got the highest grade with a b- and only 3 other students even passed with a c or better.

It was absolute hell and while I'm not some super genius I consider myself to be pretty smart. I do not believe an average or slightly above average person is capable of learning that material in such a short time.

It's also the first math class that you really need to know how to study. I know allot of "above average" students can get through high school and calc I without doing homework or studying because it just "makes sense" and they intuitively understand it. Calc II is a fucking dick slap in the face to these people because they never learned how to study something challenging.

Nice quads senpai

>b-
>I consider myself to be pretty smart

Delusional or pathetic standards? I suspect both.

t. state school engineer

>open Calc 2 columbia syllabus
>all of that is taught in Analysis 1 in Germany
what the fug

I suspect you're a cunt.

Neck yourself immediately

I must learn IUTT in 1 ns. Can I?

yes but probably just enough to get a C on an exam. specific exam questions can be tricky

Some will say yes, but honestly, no I don't think so. You could learn enough to "pass" a course, but there is a big difference between passing and actually knowing the material beyond a few novel examples. Calc 1-2 is "trivial," but it's a lot of material, and, imo, the whole point of the sequence is to really being students algebra up to par so they can focus on actually learning what a derivative and integral are in a R-3 space in multi variable. I got As in calc 1-2 because I did a lot of practice. I got an A in calc 3 because I had done enough practice in 1 and 2 and had time to think about the concepts rather than the algebra of it (e.g., defining a region of integration) .

You just benefit from having a lot of time to think about calculus because it's so fundamental.

Yeah, it's because in USA calculus is what is called "analysis" in EU. Analysis in America is a much harder, upper division course than what the first year EU fags brag about taking on here.

Nice b8.

It's not bait, though. Go
Compare EU analysis to what is taught in the USA calc sequence. It's the same.

>eu fags taking first year "analysis," aka vector calculus
>we're learning baby Rudin first year USA KEKS hahah our 5million total endowment backwoods university is better than hurvard!

depends on how long the course was.

IF you took Analysis 1 in a year long high school setting (2 semesters) as american schools do then yes, 100% of Calc 2 should be included. This is the same case for high school students in america. Calculus BC is the combination of all of Calculus 1 and 2.

If you learned all of calc 2 in an analysis class, then im curious how long the course was, and also if you learned ANY calc in some other class previously.