Is Shake Shack the best burger place? Are they better than In N Out and 5 guys? Or overrated as fuck?

Is Shake Shack the best burger place? Are they better than In N Out and 5 guys? Or overrated as fuck?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stack_overflow
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Never ate there, but it has to be better than five memes.

In N Out isn't actually that great if you're talking about taste, it's only good in terms of "value"

Shake Shack is tastier than In N Out and not that much more expensive (from what I remember anyway, I haven't been to Shake Shack that many times)

5 guys tastes better than either but isn't that good of a value

it's basically the platonic ideal of a fast food burger. InO is decent, but nothing all that special. 5g is awful. the fries are soggy trash and they don't season their meat before putting it on the grill. 5g is below wendy's on the tier level and it isn't even close imo

Shake Shack actually has a higher quality of food than Five Guys. Both are better than In-n-Out, but neither are nearly as affordable.
That's been my experience here at least.

Quality wise after a lot of heartache I believe that Shake Shack is superior to In-N-Out in taste in quality, but in bang for your buck In-N-Out still reigns supreme.

no, shake shake is ok but nowhere near the best. don't really get why they have such massive lines and prices either. never tried in n out or 5 guys so i can't say anything about those.

I've only been once, absolutely loved it. If they had them here I'd go regularly.

I remember going here back in 2011 in New York. A friend of mine was visiting from Japan and had a guide that included it in the book. We waited in line for at least 30 minutes. It was totally worth it and was fucking delicious.

I lived overseas for a while afterwards but recently moved back. I was excited to find out that the place had become a chain and there was one near my grad school in Chicago.

Shit was garbage tier. Like barely better than Wendy's and definitely not in class with any of the newer burger places. 5 guys in Chicago is way too expensive compared to the east coast, but Shake Shack was charging the same for Wendy's tier burgers with extra garbage Sysco toppings and shitty elementary school lunch fries.

I honestly thought I had misremembered where I went in NYC. But my Japanese friend visited in Chicago and was excited to go there and was basically angry about the garbage we got.

But is it the concussive, prototypical burger the working class deserves?

This man is right I have tried all three. In N out is only my favorite because of the value and speed. It's fast food that taste like a restaurant burger and fast food speed. Because they have nothing else on the menu. It destroys any other fast food burger but surely does not live up to the hype of "best burger" in 'merica.

I hate In N Out plebs. Literally any time someone compares In N Out and Five Guys all they talk about is the price. If the quality of your food is less important than saving a couple dollars you should keep your opinions to yourself.

Five Guys makes wonderful burgers whereas In N Out can't even come up with bread that doesn't taste stale.

> pays $12 for a fast food burger fries and a drink with a greasy grease ball burger, toppings to cover the lack of flavor and meme "DOOD SO MANY FRIES" and peanuts
> calls others plebs

1.I hate greasy burgers
2. I love Five Guys
Ergo your argument is bullshit

Have any of you been to Meatheads? I think it's pretty tasty. I certainly prefer it over Five Guys.

The peauts thing is genius, I remember seeing all these gay hipsters acting like "huh, this place is cool, free peanuts lol"

I ordered takeout at in n out and waited for 20 minutes for my burger and fries.

All wrong.

Whataburger reigns supreme.

They didn't like how you looked. They have a policy of fat people get served last.

>mfw some cuck tells me he has been waiting 20 mins
>his order time is like 8 mins

Kek

Bonus round!

>mfw we are slammed with a line out the door and cars wrapped around the building
>some cuck complains about his wait when he saw the above

Not even in and out. 1 out of every 4 people are full fucking retard, and this is coming from a whataburger worker.

The head cook at my local in n out is fat and he's the nicest employee there. Hooked me up with a free burger one time when all I had money for was fries.

These 5 Lies will not stand.

You cannot slander the good name of 5 Guys any longer you fucking pleb. The burgers are big, juicy, and delicious. The toppings are all free, fresh, and ample. The fries are twice fried in peanut oil, award winning, and they always fill your bag to the brim.

Wendy's is better than McDonald's and Burger King but I'll be damned if I will let some mongoloid claim it's better than 5 Guys.

Is it like that burgershop game I play on my phone? That shit gets intense, I feel for you though.

I mean...all you're doing is flipping burgers and dropping fries.

Pick up the pace.

Board can be like that (where you make the burgers), need good communication all around to make it work because we cook to order (like 5min hold time on meat so basically we put it down when you come). You need to have more than 3 braincells to do it well and good board people get paid over 10 an hour here.

Nothing like having 20 burgers waiting on meat, all special. It's fun, I enjoy working board but I don't get to now that I'm a manager because you can't walk away from it. Board people are generally the most intelligent workers though, is what I was getting at.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stack_overflow

Not that guy, but I'm impressed how they hold that shit together sometimes. They coordinate your orders if you are with friends in the diner.

I don't want to sound like an elitist fuck, but honestly if you are getting Shake Shack anywhere outside of NYC, then you're in for a different (inferior) experience, Same way I feel about the "UNO Chicago Grill" chain locations and the actual Pizzeria UNO and Pizzeria DUE in the Near North in Chicago.

I live in Manhattan, and while Shake Shack is good, I live less than 10 blocks away from Harlem Shake, which is pretty much the same burger but with no lines or dippy tourists ever. If you're ever unfortunate enough to wind up on 125th street, then give it a whirl

What pizzaria would you recommend?

Papa John's is the best chain pizza restaurant but you've probably got a better local place.

I'm asking ny fag.

Papa John's is actually trash though. The sauce and crust was always sweet for some reason.

He is I and I am I'm. Slim with a tilted brim on 20" rims.

I'm in South Carolina and we don't search out burger places. All I can say is my two daughters say the super sonic cheeseburger from Sonic (obviously) is the best. They said 5G burgers fall apart and ruin their clothes. They like Wendys, hate Mcdonalds and Burger king. They like Steak n shake burgers. I like 5 guys but it's a high price if I get fries and a drink but don't mind paying the burger price. I don't like fries much anyways and always have my own water.

No.

All American Burger in Massapequa, NY is.

They fry everything in tallow.

Based childhood was based.

Shack shack just opened a place in Detroit, need to try it. Five guys is good just way too expensive. Innout is pretty good, I liked it better than five guys and value was solid.

I tried a Shake Shack in Boston and to me it was indistinguishable from NYC.

No good. Been memed by normies into a 20 minute wait for cheese whiz crinkle fries and a bottom bun dissolved in grease.

McD

Shake shack is more expensive than five guys but well worth it unless you're a poor dark skinned person

Shake Shack has amazing burgers [X]
Shake Shack has the MOST amazing burgers []
Shake Shack is a bit overpriced [X]

I have 5 guys in my town.
The closest Shake shack is the warzones known as Chicago and Detroit.

My decision has been made for me.

Papa John's certainly was not always trash. I distinctly remember when they first started showing up in VA. They were really good and the cheese was stringy.
But the MBA fucks came and A/B tested away all of the actually good ingredients for cheaper junk while maintaining the appearance. The cheese is most obvious but I'm sure it was done to every other ingredient over the years

Shake Shack accomplished what PJ did in a much shorter time frame and destroyed their product for the cheapest but most profitable food.

I mean I'm in Detroit but I am white so ill try it soon, it looks pretty good. Prices do look on par with five guys

Don't worry, all the violence in chicago is concentrated in a couple south and west chicago neighborhoods. Shake Shack is in downtown, which is nice and safe. You'd have to intentionally drive to a bad neighborhood if you even want to hear a gunshot

Shake shack is shit

Five guys is better tasting but too expensive still

Culver's wins

T. Bostonian

ive never been, but if black people eat there i dont want to go

Not bad but not good. It's like the popcorn of burgers.

Too pricey for blacks

pussies

Random but, I just heard Neil DeGrasse Tyson say this on First We Feast,

"In-n-Out is a fast food place trying to make a gourmet burger...but Shake Shack is a gourmet place trying to make a fast-food burger. You see the difference?"

I think this makes a pretty compelling argument.

so are you saying you can just walk in and out of an in N out, just like that?

A B S O L U T E L Y M A D

Just came back from a shake shack, if I wanted fast-food I'd go in n out but if I wanted a lil somethin something I'd go shakespeare

Super fucking overrated and overpriced.
Solid burger though.

NY fag from earlier, sorry about the confusion. My favorite place for pizza is Patsy's in East Harlem. Been around since the 30s and still has a slice to go for $1.75. It's really out of the way if you visit, though. It's over on 117th and 1st Ave. so the only thing close to it is the Costco/Target/Aldi/Marshalls mega center. I used to live on 116th and 3rd Ave, so I walked there a lot, but now I get my fix whenever I do Costco runs around 1-2 times a month. They take cash only, though. I have fond memories of sitting on a stoop and eating with random neighborhood guys and construction workers eating a slice on a paper plate.

Wow you degraded to thinking costco memberships matter.