Are there any books that address the reality of love and sex in the 21st century?

Are there any books that address the reality of love and sex in the 21st century?

Other urls found in this thread:

vanityfair.com/culture/2015/08/tinder-hook-up-culture-end-of-dating
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5RDM4kE8kq5V0Y2R1dpLXk2U0U/view
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes.

damn thats old

what are the realities

My diary, senpai

>One consequence of the sexual revolution is still under-appreciated. When sex moved from the sphere of marital duties to the sphere of pleasure and entertainment, orgasm was discovered. The discovery of orgasm changed the way women think. Traditionally, it was men who thought with their penis, whereas women thought mostly with their brain (and in the late 20s with their biological clock). With the invention of orgasm, women starting thinking with their vagina, and that is probably having wide-ranging consequences on society and the course of history.

is this from my twisted world?

Yes goy, only angry virgins think about the consequences of the sexual revolution.

For whom?

For you.

Houllebecq - Whatever

Houellebecq's oeuvre

>Goy

Moron

vanityfair.com/culture/2015/08/tinder-hook-up-culture-end-of-dating

I found this to be a pretty great hatchet job on modern love, even if the author did it by mistake.

>vanity fair

Just read it. For every shitty celebrity piece they have some great articles on murders in monaco or gun smugglers or master party planners. Article linked is supposed to be a hip expose, but turns into a disgusting critique of modern love.

The only correct answers.

>In a totally liberal sexual system certain people have a varied and exciting erotic life; others are reduced to masturbation and solitude. Economic liberalism is an extension of the domain of the struggle, its extension to all ages and all classes of society. Sexual liberalism is likewise an extension of the domain of the struggle, its extension to all ages and all classes of society. On the economic plane Raphael Tisserand belongs in the victors' camp; on the sexual plane in that of the vanquished. Certain people win on both levels; others lose on both. Businesses fight over certain young professionals; women fight over certain young men; men fight over certain young women; the trouble and strife are considerable.

>It's been fucked for a long time, since the beginning. You will never represent, Raphael, a young girl's erotic dream. It is necessary to come to terms with this; such things are not for you. In any case, it is already too late. The sexual failure that you have known since your adolescence and the frustration that has followed you since the age of thirteen has left in you an indelible mark. Supposing that that you could someday get women - something which I very frankly doubt - that will not be enough. Nothing will ever be enough. You will remain an orphan of those adolescent romances that you never knew. In you, the wound is already painful; it will become more and more so. An atrocious, bitterness, without remission will end up filling your heart.

Honestly, nothing in this article surprises me at all.

I don't get why people find it so surprising that sex would turn into a commodity as well, after everyone suddenly agreed that romance was just naive and childish.

The Lesser Bohemians by Eimear McBride

Most of Houellebecq

10/10 senpai. As soon as I saw the post i hoped someone would post these quotes. The worst thing is he's right. The sexual system is as cold and hard - if not even more so - than the financial system.

is divorce lawyer the job of the future?

shit
post more houoleleleuououlleleleouuubeck
[sry - I'm always struggling with spelling]

Brave New World

>post more

Millennials are incapable of love and they don't have boomers to blame for this necessarily, but their stupid as fuck generation X parents who still can't fathom what the fuck they have done wrong in this.

I'm not incapable of love at all frankly.

It's just that whenever I actually fall for a woman, I get this nagging feeling that they will leave at the drop of a hat(because they actually can), the moment I commit a mistake, and I just run away.

Ugly people with shitty personalities can't get laid these days?

As it should be desu

Same here. I hear a lot say this is because of divorce. But mine aren't even divorced.
You don't need divorced parents to feel this. Just the general culture where every generation X couple blames boomers but divorces like a motherfucker creates this idea it's all worthless to engage in... that's enough to fear that outcome.

so.....who's the greatest, sexually frustrated character in literature. Which character becomes so absorbed by unrequited lust/love that they go off the deep end and immerse themselves in madness?

examples please.

the protagonist from hunger by knut hamsun springs to mind

Elliot Rodger. Minus the greatness obviously

Yeah we get it. You hate everyone at the bottom of the dominance-hierarchy. How about you say something original fagtron.

>I'm not incapable of love

I am. it took me while to realise. I never fall in love with a person....I fall in love with the idea of someone who has become besotted with an idealised version of myself that I perpetuate....... the person buying into these ideas is largely irrelevant.

maybe that's what love is.......

>character in literature

>

"reeeeeee......"

>he thinks it's an autobiography

pleb

>I fall in love with the idea of someone who has become besotted with an idealised version of myself that I perpetuate

Perhaps you should learn to be yourself more then. And I don't mean that flippantly.

If you can't be honest about who you are, nobody will fall in love with the real you.

What is love

>I fall in love with the idea of someone who has become besotted with an idealised version of myself that I perpetuate
That's what Lacan claims is the structure of man's love. Entirely narcissistic

I can see why he shouldn't be taken seriously then. Because for me, I literally idealize the women I fall in love with to the point where they almost represent Platonic forms, and I put them on pedestals.

It's really hard for me to dissociate love from some 18th century Romanticism.

>I literally idealize the women I fall in love with to the point where they almost represent Platonic forms, and I put them on pedestals.

That's what he said. It's man's (yours) ideal. Read his seminar on Courtly Love.

>That's what he said.

That's not what you said. You said Lacan said that men project an idealized version of themselves on to women, and fall in love with this image.

And that's not what I do. My infatuation is almost always pathologically altruistic.

Ever since I'm divorced ( I'm only 28 ) I'm unable to put them on pedestals.
I wish I could again, for even a brief moment, but now all I can is hate them initially or as soon as I get to know them a bit better.

Maybe it is a liberation of sort and I should go beyond it all even more and study mysticism. Maybe it's a good thing.

Man idealizes the woman, i.e. as an abstract ideal rather than her concrete empirical self (all love is mortifying). She's a screen upon which he projects his own idealized self-image and imagines himself desired by her (the ideal abstract object).

I have posted this twice as bait and got tonnes of replies each time on lit.

But yeah, my twisted world is the best book

Honestly, just keep living your life to the best of your ability.

Maybe you'll meet someone who makes you feel different some day.

Is this all men or just fuckups?

It's not all men, it's the masculine structure. Women could have it (rare).

I'd say its arguably unavoidable in its essential form, but the debilitating form is definitely a sign of immaturity.
Anima projection is a very real thing.

>You will remain an orphan of those adolescent romances that you never knew.

So what? Others remain orphans of those adolescent romances that they had, like Humbert Humbert.

It's true. Women now are trained to hate romance and love, and modern relationships are unfulfilling because the woman is always looking for you to act cold and distant instead of loving. To her your love is a responsibility, and at the first chance she'll go for Chad who is more attractive than you, has more money, and doesn't is more "independent"/unemotional.

It's actually really bad. Modern culture tells you that the highest goal is to have lots of sex, but for many it's just straight-up impossible. They spend their lives pathetically trying and failing and they still can't make it.

Ugly people in the past became great poets, painters, and musicians.
Ugly people now become NEETs because their society doesn't value them.

ITT: r9k immigrants

so what my excuse

I'm decent looking and I have a good personality

but women are getting more selective than ever nowadays

Love is when you want to sleep in the same bed with a woman and not just fuck her.

Have you asked many women out and been rejected many times? If not, you can't speaK.

I'll never understand how people can convince themselves that the extremely low probability of finding a partner for any amount of women you ask is healthy or good. Normies love to do the same thing over and over again in hopes of finding a match no matter how hopeless, like playing the lottery.

Yes, but define "many?"

I ask about 2 women out a year, and have done so for the last 5 years or so

Only 2 have said yes in that time, both only lasted about 2 weeks
this is pretty much true too. I know a guy who online dates like a maniac and has been on dates with 20-30 women, almost all of which have gone badly.

I think it's a really retarded idea to ask out women I don't actually know or like. I can't pretend to like them more than I do, and I find no merit in learning to do so

How come most great artists in history are ugly?

>You will remain an orphan of those adolescent romances that you never knew. In you, the wound is already painful; it will become more and more so. An atrocious, bitterness, without remission will end up filling your heart.
I DONT FUCKING NEED THOSE FEELS

> straight nose
> fierce eyes
> manly beard
You're wrong, buddy.

>the female orgasm was invented/discovered by the sexual revolution

kek It's pretty amazing what the angry virgins come up with in their basement when they've been devoid of female contact for so long.

that's the face of a wizard

>“It seems like the girls don’t have any control over the situation, and it should not be like that at all,” Fallon says.

meh. people who cant participate in the culture of hookups are obviously alienated, and probably bitter, as having romance and all that is important for human, and these people definitely do give up. just because youre a loser in this new game doesnt mean you have to be pathetic in every part of your life; you have to adapt to this new situation and still find fulfillment, just like you have to find meaning and fulfillment even though you are going through an existential crisis.

it is a lot of work though.

kek it is pretty amazing when someone just lashes out at something they obviously are trigged by. btw that was written by scaruffi.

what a stupid book that was!
seriously, the author is matching very wellinto this place: his protagonists aöways moan about how crude the world is against them, but however everything is senseless,so the world is just stupid. but they do fucking nothing.just moaning about this and that and this as well.so much represents this board at times.

>2.29MB

feck off

Which work is this from? I've read The Elementary Particles and the message is quite similar.

fuck

what kinda mysticism are you studying?

Was just trying to help. I personally found that I had the same view of the world that you both do until I actually asked out some women. For me atleast, that view turned out to be innacurate. Out of the 5 times I have, 4 have ended in relationships. Maybe I'm just lucky though. I take care of my mind, I go to the gym, and I keep A well-fitting wardrobe, so that may have something to do with it.

My point was to step into reality and try before you take the words of dejected strangers on the Internet as reality, because for me, the real world was entirely different than the world that others had concocted in my mind.

>""""""the reality of love and sex""""""" in the 21st century
>implying its any different than it was in any other century

This was a dead giveaway of your robot status. Fuck off back to and stay there, youre giving me the 'tism.

>thinking gender and sexual dynamics haven't changed
You're deluded

Whatever.

>t. mental midget

Fucking normies, kys

prostitution was also much more widely available and socially acceptable, not to mention legal, at many points in history. I'm sure for a lot of those guys virginity felt more like a choice than something that was forced upon them. Also there were more people who could justify their celibacy with religion--neckbeard atheists don't even have that consolation.

No one can pretend that things were easier for men before women's liberation, misogynist or not.

Frankly, I think the only hope is sexbots and .

As for recommendations, here's a cringetastic proto-/r9k/ musical called "Shelter the Homely." The music was never recorded but there's horribly arranged sheet music/Sibelius files. I'll post some of it if anyone actually wants it: drive.google.com/file/d/0B5RDM4kE8kq5V0Y2R1dpLXk2U0U/view

I knew a turkish kid whose dad hired a prostitute for him as a rite of passage. He said the sex was terrible though and he had to jerk himself off in the sink.

its so tiring. like a dick-measuring contest with a girl.

have to carefully calculate how invested each of us is and then make sure her investement is bigger than mine or she will leave the moment she senses i have more investment than she does.

stupid AF makes me just wanna jack off desu

difference between being in love with someone and loving someone. the latter is active work.

Being a virgin is more shameful than being a criminal.

Rape someone then you whiny pussy.

I'm not a virgin

Rockclimbing bags of sand with archaeologists while drinking coffee and watching Netflix.

Life just sucks for some people and it will continue to suck until society changes.
Even if you imagine having all "the best stuff" (sex with hotties all day/all the cool toys/friends with smart people/performing as a rock star on a big stage/having a comfy family with kids...) at the end of the day none of that would make you happy. Some temporary excitement, sure, but you still get old, get sick and die for nothing.
And it's a whole bunch of tedious boring work from the moment you wake up to bedtime, even with the greatest job (or non-job). Boring annoying tedious shit all day long.

And people spend so much time and energy chasing all these distractions (sex would be n1), it's pathetic.
At least fight for some worthy cause, for fucks sake. Why are there no big movements/projects anymore? I mean there are some, but it's mostly islam/sandnigs nowadays, the West is either wageslaving zombies (who think fun consists of humping some one night stand after you spent the entire week working) or neets.

Could you post it in french, please?

>;) cat caught your tongue?

What tripe. We're defined by what we're not? Who we weren't? This kind of whining is so typical of the modern man, the fact your life isn't perfect is some grievous injustice that you need to carry bitterness for all your life...what a joke.

To all you whiney virgin fags.

It's fucking easy to get girls, just fucking go for it. Be yourself and have a good time. If you stopped having girls for no reason you'd get pussy fucking easy. It's so easy to get laid, you fags don't realise.

Hating*

if your standards are low-ish, sure

Mate I get 9-10s fairly easy. Just message them on tinder and you have them just like that.

It's just confidence and being yourself. You guys just don't understand how easy it is.

>Be yourself
Be more subtle next time

>on tinder
so your standards are low-ish

tried tinder, literally 0 matches

/pol9k/ is embarrassingly easy to bait

actually it would be considered obvious bait there. afraid to say you're talking to actual Veeky Forums here

i browse neither (actually i occasionally browse /pol/ but largely out of curiosity, i don't align with them ideologically)

just had zero luck with tinder