>University
>Major
>toughest course
>GER course you feel is the biggest waste of money
>GPA
>where you plan on being in 10 years

CMU
CivE
Physics and fluid mechanics (received good grades, but had to use chegg and tutoring, I don't feel I fully understand or conceptualized the info though)
Computing and Communications (waste of money, could've learned the premesis of the class on google)
GPA 3.5
Hopefully get into grad school, pass PE, work in PMamagement

Post em lads

Wichita State
MSAE, did a BSME
Hard to pick, either theory of elasticity or FEM, or QM1 back in undergrad
Took a music course that was pretty useless, but hey, know I know that having a 'back door man' means you're a cuck
3.6 in undergrad, 3.2 now
Either closing on an early retirement or still working as an aerospace engineer, maybe acoustics/acoustic fatigue

University of Nebraska-Lincoln
EE+Physics
Intro Embedded Systems? (Projects only class with harshly graded reports)
Philosophy 101, graded attendance was the only reason I went to the class (free tuition so not really a waste of money but waste of time)
Hoping to get into good grad school for EE, MS or PhD not sure yet. Don't want to work in academia desu but want to go into R&D jobs

>University
Nord University
>Major
Bachelor in Biology
>toughest course
The different chemistry courses
Don't pay anything
>GPA
Don't know how to calculate.
No idea. Alive and a job. Probably with some master within biology.

>University
University of Kent
>Major
EE
>toughest course
no idea tbqh
>GER course you feel is the biggest waste of
money
what?
>GPA
on track for a first
comfy job

>>University
Carleton University
>>Major
EE
>>toughest course
Failed circuit analysis
>>GER course you feel is the biggest waste of money
GER course? If you mean useless courses, it would have to be a tie between intro to engineering and chemistry.
>>GPA
too ashamed to calculate it
>>where you plan on being in 10 years
wagecuck

>Carnegie
>Not doing CS
LMAO you failure

Colombia
Financial Engineering
Thermodynamics
Not paying so nothing wasted
Honna be on Wall Street desu

Rutgers
Materials Engineering
Microprocessing
Nothing really
Senior materials engineer at Tesla, Lockheed, Boeing, etc

Went here for a summer program and hated it. Why is Pittsburgh so hideous?

Y-you go to Columbia and don't know how it's spelled?

Columbia
Computer Science
I've never really taken a course that made me say, 'wow, that's tough!' I've noticed some other students struggling in classes like computational complexity, but it didn't seem very difficult to me.
Anything related to women's studies.
Hopefully in an engineering-research hybrid position at a large technical company. OR living comfortably and working on my own projects after becoming financially stable enough to do so.

Duel him

Its like when Johns Hopkins students say John Hopkins, the nearest student must duel with them on the spot to rectify the transgression. Wild West style because its the American way.

What is Financial Engineering, do you just become a generic Wall Street guy afterwards or do you become something specific like Applied Math -> Actuary

Holy fuck how bad is grade inflation nowadays when they allow over 4.00 gpa in colleges now

>University
Florida State University
>Major
Math PhD, Financial Math/Stochastic Calculus concentration
>toughest course
starting this Fall, but I took Linear Algebra for Machine Learning at another PhD program (now discontinued) which was a dick and a half in my ass
anything with gender, social, racial, or studies in the title; alternatively, humanities or classics courses taught by incompetent professors or post-modernist faggots
>GPA
n/a
graduated with my PhD, working as a quant in some bank, hopefully near new york or somewhere comfy like new hampshire, having learned the violin more or less decently

Columbia's scale is out of 4.33,
A+ = 4.33
A = 4.00
A- = 3.67
B+ = 3.33
B = 3.00
B- = 2.67
C+ = 2.33
C = 2.00
C- = 1.67
D+ = 1.33
D = 1.00
D- = 0.67
F= 0.00

Columbia isn't known for grade inflation and its probably harder than average to maintain a high GPA due to the great stress culture.

How tough was Columbia to get into in your opinion?
What do they look for?

I am not that poster, and nobody could really tell you what they look for. The most important part is probably writing a good college essay, that is often severely underestimated.

I wish I could go to Columbia though haha. I am from New York State and I would love to go to one of our top unis not named NYU (so Cornell or Columbia).

Yeah my uni does this same scale, just an A+ is the same as an A gpa wise. Does it really show up on transcript as above 4.0? That's some shit

>Florida State University

hello, undergrad

UChicago
Linguistics+Math
Computability Theory
Social Sciences Gen ed
Hope to grad school in some are related to Language/Logic/Computation.

University: UCLA
Major: Pure Mathematics
Toughest Course: Haven't attended yet, but it should be real analysis, though I am not expecting much difficulty. Linear Algebra at my CC was relatively harder than my other classes.
Worst GE: Introductory physics. It serves no purpose for mathematics.
GPA: 4.25 at my HS and 4 at my CC
10 Year Plan: Get my HS diploma this year, my BS and MS in 3-4 years, and my PHD in 7-8 years. After that I will apply for open Professorship positions and research positions elsewhere.

>"Linear Algebra at my CC was relatively harder than my other classes"
>lists HS GPA like that means anything
>making a 10 year plan
>"intro physics is useless for math"
Oh, user...

UW Seattle

Aero

Controls, trying to wrap my mind around state space, nyquist plots etc. was tough

Probably E&M physics, it was just organized like shit and for as hard as the class was, they really didn't teach us much

Have a full time job offer from a major aerospace company for aerodynamics, if I like it I'll stay, if not I'll shop around a little, maybe get a comfy airline job

>mfw graduating in 3 weeks

>mfw people use their weighted GPAs to try to look impressive instead of normalizing it

Well I still am in HS, so I figured the HS GPA would be a good reference. None of my classes are difficult, but I did have to choose something. My LA Prof. wrote his own book.

Physics is not useless for math in the ideal, but there is little use for the intuitional method taught by today's standards. Same goes for lower division Calc.

The OP asked for a 10 year plan...

He was asking about ten year plans from people for whom ten years does not represent greater than 50% of their lifetime.

Ayyyy UW Seattle here too
Pure math though I'm not a brainlet like you

Tell me when I did not abide by the OP's outline.

b... but user kun i thought we could be friends because we are fellow huskies

Johns Hopkins
Applied Maths
idk
Paying for degree
not baltimore

Yeah I'm just bitter I did so poorly in 122
Go Dawgs

Yale
Mathematics
Differential Geometry
All of them
[Spoiler] 4.0 [/spoiler]
Not in a shitty apartment in Baltimore

>Failing at spoilers
>4.0
>(me)

>Mathematics at Yale

Why take the effort to get into an Ivy if you end up in math at Yale?

University: GWH University
Major: Math of all kinds
Toughest Course: Literally nothing, i can do calculus like that, *snaps*
Worthless Course: Everything that wasnt math
GPA: 10 stars
WWIBI10Y: Park ranger, people are to stupid to grasp my genius.

Because I believed the 300k starting meme

not him but 90% of the time you cannot choose

4.17 guy here. My GPA is abnormal, but most of the shut-in Asian types have 4.0+ GPAs. Mine is admittedly a little abnormal, but I attribute it to taking as many project courses as I can. I feel that it's possible to get an A+ in any project course so long as you give a shit about the class.

As far as being admitted, I was a black high school valedictorian with nearly perfect standardized test scores, but I have made a few friends throughout undergrad who have only managed ~1800 on the SAT (they were admittedly also minorities).

"where you plan on being in 10 years" is not "your 10 year plan," but who cares i guess
>physics is not useless for math in the ideal, but there is little use for the intuitional method taught by today's standards
this reads like an edgelord wrote it. protip: don't speak like an authority when you have very little experience. physics is not math, but physics can motivate the study of math, and the subjects intertwine at many points. it is far from useless, and far from being of "little use." and that's okay.

>thinking intro physics is at all relevant or useful for a mathematician
user... I'm so sorry about your IQ...

I just graduated from UW with pure math. Can't really do anything with it unless you can program or focused on stats and probability. I guess there's grad school too.

I wish they offered a minor in CS at UW. I took all the non-majors CSE classes.