What US city has the best food?

New Orleans

Probably jew york

None of them

CHI TOWN

jk it's new york

San Francisco maybe

In terms of world-class food, visit any of the Michelin starred cities

San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago and New York. Top 4.

NYC by far but the downside is you're in NYC

NYC is cool if you have money. Otherwise it's shit

What places are cool even with no money?

Chicago

NYC eats away at your money pretty fast so you better have a good job to live there.

Houston.

New Orleans

There are no organic food in US

OP asked for the best food, not inferior and priced up feelgood hippie shit.

Sike, it really is Chicago.

This is the correct answer, but nola, Portland ME and Houston to a much lesser extent deserve nods.

Ok. Any boarder city or town to reach out food of neiborgh country.

That depends on what you mean by best. If you mean haute cuisine, then the order would be NYC, Chicago, San Fran, LA, Atlanta. If you mean locally developed dishes at reasonable prices, then the answer is either New Orleans or Atlanta with NYC and Chicago being the second tier.

Portland

Detroit

For me, it's any city with a McDonald's, the best food place.

lol, I don't think Atlanta fits with those other cities

> Yankee detected
lol, I don't think you have ever been there then.

memphis

lol what food does atlanta do best?

The Varsity.

Pilot here, been all over the US

My favorite so far was Washington DC. St. Louis was also pretty impressive.

>burger
go fucking figure lmao

Atlanta sucks for food compared to other large cities. There's good food of course because every big city has some good food but it isn't a food city.

Central Europe V4 countries

exactly, and the most disappointing part is that atlanta is home to the busiest airport in the world. like is that not incentive enough to broaden your food selection? every time i go to atlanta for family, concert, etc. i'm consistently let down

Atlanta's airport is busy as a layover location, not because people want to go there

yeah but layovers can last a long time. i know when i have at least a few hours i like to go get food in the city.

Atlanta is the #1 city in the country for conferences.

The problem with food in Atlanta is that there isn't one location that is the "go-to" place. Everything is spread out. Some of the best restaurants are out in the burbs. The restaurant selection downtown is not great so it makes people think everywhere else in the city is crap.

this

Are you even trying, faggot?

Here's your (you)

B R A N S O N
R
A
N
S
O
N

Both Seattle and Portland

>he thinks NYC is just manhattan
Laughinggirls.jpg

And then there's this faggot.

Seattlefag here.

I think Portland is better for cheaper food and Seattle is better for more high end food.

>Nobody in this thread has been to Austin
I pity you all.

i have

its shit tier compared to houston

Spot on. I hate Houston, and actually like the Austin scene, but food is amazing in Houston, minus the Mexican and BBQ, while Austin is all hipster hype.

Houston

>paying $50 for that plate of cheap cuts

rly makes u think

the food in seattle blows, user
leave the pnw and you will learn this

>untoasted white bread
>raw onions
come on m8, try harder

those are traditional; you're not gonna find a bbq place in texas worth its salt that doesn't have those two things as condiments

ive traveled around and seattle is definitely one of the better ones, but not a top food scene. best place in the world to get fresh king crab and salmon.

portland is odd though its really just a big mish mash of hipster food cuisines.

Unironically Phoenix AZ, no one is native and everyone is from all over the country. You can basically taste anything from around the country right at phoenix

What's good in Los Angeles?
I've lived here my whole life, but I usually eat at home.

Vegas

For being a large coastal area, fish is still way too expensive in this shithole.

Seattle is ranked as one of the top cities in the world. Clearly you have shit taste.

Las Vegas or Atlanta
Chicago and Detroit didn't do it for me

I love Chicago, would live there if not for the shit winters.

>fish is too expensive in Seattle
>you just have shit taste!

LA if you only look at Mexican food
NYC for basically any other food. Certain cities do a regional dishes better (things like Cheesesteaks and deep dish pizza) but overall NYC is good for any kind of food that isn't Mexican. Really the only city that can compete with Tokyo

I live in Chicago and all the food here except deep dish is garbage

Branson. It's the foodie capital of America.

Las Vegas

> its a texasfag thinks hes a real bbq episode

In n Out.

That famous donut place thats in all the movies because it has a big sign.

This isn't a bad answer. Las Vegas doesn't have much in the way of culture on it's own, but there is every cuisine available there. Celebrity chefs from around the world have restaurants in Vegas. If the restaurant isn't doing well? They'll close you down and put the next guy in. Nothing's sacred in that desert cesspool.

Seafood in Maine is almost guaranteed organic.

none of you guys are getting very specific, which i don't like. i think there's a lot of great kinds of food all over america, but i'm interested in the most good cuisines in a concentrated area. i live in new york city and have been to los angeles, san diego, austin, houston, dallas, chicago, indianapolis, atlanta, san francisco, and a bunch of other cities- though i think those are the ones worth mentioning if we're talking about food.

new york city has the best pizza. there is no contest there and it is not even worth arguing about. i also think new york city has the best bagels- i have had some in san francisco but i am of the opinion that the ones in brooklyn are superior. chewier, more contrast between crust and crumb, more satisfying.

los angeles has the best fast food, i think, but that is not saying much, at least for me- i don't think fast food is very good, or worth keeping alive as an industry.

texas has good barbecue, but i have had better barbecue in upstate new york- Dinosaur BBQ, Mighty Quinn's have been more impressive than a lot of the street stuff in houston.

houston has the best tex-mex, which makes sense.

this is interesting, i'm curious about seafood. i'm a vegetarian now, but i would love to hear about the best seafood in the states, and maine evokes that imagery for me- they have a reputation but i wonder if they are actually bested anywhere.

So your answer is NYC. Thanks for the blog.

The seafood in Maine is good, you can buy it straight from the docks for 1/4th of the price it would cost in stores. Too bad lobster taste like absolute garbage besides the claws. Would rather have clams and crab.

np
straight from the docks sounds quaint and thrilling

>t. doesn't know how michelin ratings work

why the meme arrow, newfriend ?

>ny has the best pizza
>bagels oy vey the bagels!

>did I also mention they have the best bbq??

You clearly have no idea what youre talking about and just spent too much time in jew york. Wow, youve BEEN to other places, wow.

where is better pizza?
where are better bagels?
bbq i said upstate, not the city

do you have to live somewhere for 10 years to understand the food culture?

>bbq i said upstate, not the city

Look, everyone can agree on pizza and bagels but don't be a faggot and try to jump into the BBQ games. No one for an instance is going to believe NY has better BBQ than KC, Memphis, NC, hell even scumbag TX.

that's chill, i'll be cool about that. thanks user

México

Food in Portland would be better if it weren't for all the yuppie hipster fucks you see buzzing around anything vaguely 'authentic'.

Until 2014, I would have said NYC, no question. However, since then it's felt increasingly played out. All the best chefs have moved to the West Coast and, wrong as it sounds, you can now get a better pizza in LA or SF if you know where to look than NYC.

Food matters to me so much that I'm seriously considering shutting down my business and moving out there, there's only a few hundred employees and I don't trust anyone enough to run it in my absence.

San Francisco

I pity the person who has to digest all that, rip angus

No particular order:
NY
LA
NO
SF
Austin

>portland
>cheap
>good

Portland native here, loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool. It's not 1992 anymore. Everything's gentrified hurritage ormemeic crap. Only the nigger hideouts have cheap plates still.