Yuros, does this make a good coffee?

Yuros, does this make a good coffee?

Do yuros even use this or is it just a meme?

Not Europoor, but, I just got done using mine to make coffee. Takes a little long to make a cup, and if you get a smaller sized pot, you'll be wanting more coffee but not wanting to go through the process again. Also, it takes a bit of experimentation in regards to ground size (I only like using espresso ground) and stove temperature.

I don't think it tastes starkly different from getting coffee out of the coffee pot, personally, but I may have a pleb palette.

It's a meme, it makes the worst coffee ever. No lie, people used to beat their wives for making coffee in those things.

Friend made me a really delicious cup of coffee out of one of these. He had a whole ritual for it, however, so I doubt I'll be picking one up any time soon. French press is just too easy.

no one outside italy use it commonly
however in italy EVERY FAMILY use this to make coffee

Italian here, personally I don't like moka coffee. Too diluted IMO, and it won't get you any froth. Espresso is the master race.

Only used widely in Italy.

It doesn't make exceptional coffee. But it can make average/good coffee if:

You use the right coffee
You use HOT water
You stop the fire at the right time (when it start boiling)

You can add some milk pressurized in a french press if you like milk in your coffee.

I think it tastes good after a big meal with some pastries to contrast the strong taste, but it won't make an outstanding coffee

You wont be able to handle the coffee a moka makes. Just buy a drip Mr coffee and fill it with preground Starbuck shit, faggot. Never ask you cock sucker, just do.

yea, it's a good method, if a bit hard to perform correctly
the good thing about these is how cheap they are compared to a good coffee machine, and they still make classic coffee, not any of that watery drip stuff

Italyanon here.
We do indeed use these daily and we also have an older neapolitan model which my mother uses daily for her breakfast. I do like it very much and the difference with espresso, filter and coffee pot is really noticeable.

If the end result tastes similar to a coffee pot you are probably doing something wrong. It's supposed to taste much stronger.

I guess that if you are not used to it this is pretty spot on

>I don't think it tastes starkly different from getting coffee out of the coffee pot
I want your pot. It tastes something like coffee with a shot of liquor?

I have a dripper that uses the same base.

It's good, I'm a big fan of it. Nice small and strong coffee

I use my moka pot almost every day, German here. It tastes good, really strong.

>Yuros, does this make a good coffee?

Meh.

>Do yuros even use this or is it just a meme?

It's a rite. Everyone eventually gets one, tries it, gets fed up with it, or forgets to clean it properly and it grows mold. Eventually they ditch it and just use a normal French press.

This guy gets it.

portugal yuro here, it's my go to for making coffee at home, most people I know that dont use instant or don't have an espresso machine at home (or one of those shitty nespresso knockoff ones that have been shilled relentlessly by the supermarkets) use moka pots.
That said no one actually uses them a lot, literally every cafe and restaurant, no matter how shitty it is has an espresso machine so most people have it out, it also helps that it's dirt cheap .50-.90€

err you dont speak for everyone

Italians use them.

So do Cuban Americans, and Puerto Ricans too, I believe.

Dominican here, we use these. It's how I make my coffee as well.Not sure about other Latin Americans but I'm sure they do as well.

Used one for a bit, it's interesting to use at first but then it becomes a bit of a hassle. Just use a french press.

Or just try it out, you can buy a cheap one at some chinese $2 store.

>literally me

Wasn't fed up with it. It's just that some grounds are permanently stuck to the gasket so it won't form a proper seal anymore. Viva la french press

It's supposed to be for espressos I think but I just make regular full mug of coffee

You can buy 3 packs of those along with that metal filter with holes for about $6. When it starts to get too hard to get grounds unstuck, that's usually the time to replace it.

Anything grows mold if you're a slob and don't clean it properly

I do my coffee with it.
It takes years to master

Many methods of coffee preparation exist, but you are right french press is too easy. I have an espresso maker, a pour over coffee thing I got as a gift, a drip coffee machine. I just use the french press.

its rather commonly used in neighboring france and Switzerland

i think i've only once drank coffee made by one of those and it was nothing special

I didn't get fed up with mine. The mokka pot makes a more concentrated coffee. So it also depends on your taste. I like to have several options since I like to change up the kind of coffee I drink.
Recently I got a Chemex as a present along with matching filters. The coffee is also great but one of the selling points is the special filter which barely let's any oil through.
So although I like to change it up, french press is definitely my favourite. Easy to clean, easy to use, nice rich coffee.

Massive in Japan at the moment for some reason.

I had to throw mine out when I forgot to clean it and it had literal moth maggots growing in it.

They were hiding in the spout so I didn't see them when washing.

>He had a whole ritual for it,
I treat my guests with such stuff too. I manual filter the water. People go nuts.

>French press.
no pressure, not actual coffee. just do yourself a tea if you fancy dirty water.

>It takes years to master
this. its not for the uninitiated. a non trained fuck can get a bitter shit and an experienced guy can get delicious cup from the same coffee and pot. its all technique.

storage space.