"Scientists" (read: murderers) will justify this

"Scientists" (read: murderers) will justify this.
>At 507 years old, Ming the clam lived a lengthy, if somewhat unremarkable, life. However, he could have lived even longer if scientists hadn't discovered him. Unfortunately, their calculations of Ming's age weren't possible without cracking open the clam's shell, so researchers didn't realize they were in possession of what was likely the world's oldest living animal – until they had already killed it.

Press F to pay your respects

without scientists you wouldn't even have known about Ming
so, those scientists have enriched your life, and made Ming famous
a win-win for all involved

Didn't realize the killing of an animal was murder. Guess whoever murdered that chicken I ate this morning is also wrong.

mussels have no concept of fame, so it's death was in vain in that respect.
and or knowledge of it being the oldest living thing does not validate its existence, so it's irrelevant whether we acknowledge the fact or not.
everything in your post is incorrect, whereas OP only got the murder part wrong.

>get killed by some random asshole
>win-win for all involved
You might be actually retarded

Why would a clam need to live for 500 years? That's the real question here.

Do clams live forever as long as they don't get eaten?

Fuck off and kill yourself

>the clam is named Ming

Mfw I have no face

>Ming the clam
>Ming

was it a hate crime?

How is it an animal if it has no ass?

Who cares about a fucking clam?

>No concept of fame
They have no concept of life and death either faggot.

Yes.

>mussels have no concept of fame

For organisms that have no concept of fame, they sure are shellfish.

>be clam
>trying to make it 1000 years old, a feat never done before
>some scientist comes up out of nowhere
>joy lane
>crack crack crack~!

That clam was an asshole and deserved it.

Yup.

t. Vegan Gainzzzz.

it's still dead whether it can reconcile that fact or not, and it's death was unnecessary

But user, by analysing the growth rings on the clam we learn more about the past conditions of the ocean.

The more you know, the further you. We need to go far.

How do you know this was a good clam? For all you know he may have been a bad clam. Don't justify this clams death without knowledge of its character.

You don't get that old without being ruthless

>don't know about thing
>find out about thing when killing it
>now know about thing
>now know that there should be other things out there that are similar
>now have knowledge about how to not kill more things and instead study them better

I don't see a problem here, but I think you dropped this.

Carlos!

Who eats chicken for breakfast?

Ming is now king among clams in clam heaven and all is well.

I do.

I don't eat typical breakfast items because they happen to be the most unhealthy things you can start your day with:

Breakfast cereal with milk (industrial farm waste products.)
Orange juice (year old industrial farm waste product)
Bacon (delicious but deadly, even once in a while. I also typicality don't eat things as smart as your average Veeky Forumstard)
Pancakes, waffles, French toast, muffins, bagels, toast, etc (carbs and more carbs slathered in butter and carb syrup.)
Eggs; fried, scrambled, etc. (lol nope, keep your cholesterol-filled menstrual cycles to yourself)
Hashbrowns (tasteless Russets, but only unhealthy if you use store brands and fry them.)

I eat (all grown/raised on my farm or traded for from neighbors' farms; wild/heirloom/land race varieties/breeds),

Wild greens potherbs/Steamed veggies/Wild greens
Wild greens salad/wild seed sprouts (lambs quarter sprouts are my fave)
Tree nuts/Sunflower seeds/Legumes
Chicken/Turkey/Capretto/Rabbit
Fresh fruit; Pumpkin/gourd/Sweet potato pie
Water

Lost

>he's never had chicken and waffles at IHOP

you haven't lived

I think we're all being misdirected around the fact that science is just a bunch of bull shit. Anyone can get through life without it. According to science, gender is now a vector quantity, whose magnitude and angle are a function of [estrogen] and time. Seriously, just quit trying to count everything with your invented number systems and live like the beast nature intended you to be. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Pretentious fuck

F

there may be older worms on the bottom of the ocean though

>. I also typicality don't eat things as smart as your average Veeky Forumstard)
>not absorbing their power by eating them

>likely the oldest living animal

How do they know? Did they crack open all the other clams?

Turritopsis dohrnii also known as the immortal jellyfish.

it was the oldest animal that we knew of, so anyone with a functioning brain.

>likely

Why does the life of the 'oldest animal we know of' matter more than that of my cat?

I don't think anyone even implied that.
I think "scientists kidnap and murder guy's cat for science" would be getting a lot more attention than this.

The argument made about why we should care about the crab was clearly because of the fact it was the oldest animal we know of. However, why does it matter than it's the oldest creature? When I put my cat and the clam side by side, would its incredible age be the determining factor for whose death is most horrific/least ethical?

we could have studied the clam to get info on how to produce human-clam hybrids who could live and shitpost for hundred of years
not this will never happen
and it's all your cat's fault

>if one you think something matters because of one factor, then that means you don't care about the other factors at all
You're a brainlet, and your cat is one too.

>mussels have no concept of fame

We need to give muscles have a concept of fame, and death, and consciousness so we can feel justifiably outraged when they're murdered. ~PETA logic

>507 years
Pssh, get on my fucking level.

But it wasn't the oldest animal we knew of until it was already dead.

>being a farmer = pretentious

>we didn't know how old it was till we examined it and killed it

OH GOD!! all clams now exist in a state of quantum entanglement!! all clams are now infinity years old until they're killed by a scientist and their true age is confirmed.

Stamp successfully collected, more """science""" from biologists

No

>without hitler you wouldn't even have known about anne frank
>so, hitler have enriched your life, and made anne frank famous
>a win-win for all involved

Nice meme
Lol yourself off a cliff autist. Life sciences master race

I don't know what you're trying to say here.

>their calculations of Ming's age weren't possible without cracking open the clam's shell

>be me, me ming
>suk plenty food many years
>one day find mate, mate we love
>love slowly fade, mate die from monster
>me life sad, wait long time no visitor
>new fren pick me up, look at me hold me close
>i think "me fren gonna invite me over" me wrong
>fren crack me open, eat me body
>:(

Did they not have like....ultrasound or a fucking cat scanner?

Lmao

The Price of Scientific Discovery.
In the eyes of some it was worth it,
in the eyes of others it was not.

Perfect example of the cult of Science. The pursuit of science without any though or reason leads to all sorts of immoral shit. Especially when the majority of scientist are materialists (which is unfortunately the case).
I would suggest withholding the outrage until the baby-in-a-bag exists (which will be sometime in 3 years from now since they already passed the animal trials).

>implying """immoral""" genetic research is worse than slaughtering sacrificial goats on an altar for some reason

>sacrificing goats on an altar
what do you take me for, a satanist? A pagan?

>"""imomoral"""
>implying gmo is not
you are part of that cult.

dont meme about my hero

>believing low quality bait

They were

Whoever murders you is not

now youre getting it!

Look, I eat meat too, but I dont deny that meat is murder. You are literally killing a mammal, but also murder isnt wrong

Murder is defined as the killing of another human.

> Google "murder"
>>google would like to know your location