Tfw you are getting smarter

>tfw you are getting smarter

oh boy
link

www.khanacademy.org

What would "Geometry" be in second grade? Literally just Trianglez n' shieet?

Area and perimeters

That's intense. I didn't learn area formula until I was in highschool. I'm American though.

Stop false flagging. Actual American here, we learned area formulas in 3rd grade.

w-what
i didn't learn area until year 8
australia here

All you need for basic area formulas is :
- fractions
- multiplication
- basic geometry
This is 2-3rd grade level.

t. brainlet here
How do you add fractions? I'm at uni and my high school teachers never told me. I know that multiplying is just multiplying the numerator by the other denominator and numerator and then adding them together and letting it be the new numerator, and the same for the denominator, but how in the fkgu are you supposed to add them when the numerator aren't the same?

uh...sure I'll reply even though this is bait.
The "trick" is finding the least common denominator and then adding them. 3/4 + 1/2 = 3/4 + 2/4 = 5/4 = 1 1/4. Same rules for subtraction of fractions.

What is this picture?

can confirm as an american teacher

Most kids learn area in america learn about area for the first time in late 2nd grade or sometime in 3rd grade..

3rd grade math is the basis of the rest of the math you learn throughout the rest of public school education. You learn shit like integration, differential equations, stokes theorem, related rates, basic shit every American knows.

>ng the numerator by the other denominator and numerator and then adding them together and letting it be the new numerator, and the same for the denominator, but how in the fkgu are you supposed to add them when the numerator aren't the same?

a/b + c/d = a/b*1 + c/d*1 = a/b*(d/d) + c/d*(b/b) = ad/bd + cb/bd = (ad+cb)/(bd) and that's how you add fractions

>uni
>can't add fractions
Majoring in interpretive dance? Or maybe basketball-american studies?

In all seriousness, make the denominators the same and go from there. You can do this by finding the least common denominator, and multiplying the numerator and denominator of a fraction by the same number to reach it. Best of luck mate.

Heh eh he, y-you just activated my trap card, dork! You s-see, I-I-I already know- hehe eh- how to-to eh- add and miltiply fractions! How are you fee- how do you fe- frick- how does it feel to have gotten so tr-t-TROLLED this hard, you NERD?! Got chou- blegh- I got you s-ssoooo hard, MORON! You m-made an actual comment and then I POSED-D as a stupid person and YOU FE-ELL FOR IT! Hah eheh. You just wasted your time, but it's okkay, not all- everyone is acc-cc-ccustomed to the art of TROLLING. Yo-u wi-will get used to it eveventually, noob. Hah! I AM LAUGHING AT YOU! HEHA HAEH EAH EHA EAT HAE!

intense

I was doing education math for a bit (switched pure math) and can confirm that the majority of the primary school (grade 1-6) education students couldn't do fractions.
This is in Aus and every time i think about it, it makes me want to homeschool when i have kids

>tfw didn't take inter-universal teichmuller theory in high school
How can I keep up with my european classmates?

get on my level

> tfw i didn't learn area formula until freshman year of college, now 4 years later I'm in topology and modern algebra.
feels goodman

>tfw did brain genius every morning for a year
>brain actually is fast like a lightning
>gave up practice soon after because no use for it

GOD ISNT REAL MORTY, YOU GOTTA SHIII *BURRP* SHIT ON THE FLOOR MORTY

I know this is a joke, but this actually isn't a bad place to start. You'd be amazed how much stuff falls through the cracks if you went to a shitty school.

>Watching videos and typing formulas into wolfram alpha

Get a fucking degree

I can't I'm lazy and I can't sort my shit enough to do something daily.

I finished integral calculus. Now what do I do?

this site really cleared up some trouble I was having with physics. Thanks man

>tfw mom was a drug addict and often didn't feel like taking me to school when I was young
>tfw can do calculus but only recently learned how to find the area of a trapezoid

Just to clarify, the Least Common Denominator is the Lowest Common Multiple of the the two denominators in the fractions to be added.

This terminology is not used everywhere.

You'd be surprised how online math tutor programs help a lot,had to make up a class over summer to graduate back in hs and learned more in that 1 month than I did a whole year,even learn about the golden ratio and how its found through the natural world which got me interest in computers later down the line,non of my math professors ever talked about this stuff maybe because they taught it in a boring way.

You are like little babbies.

Let me show you enlightenment.