The trench

How far in are you Veeky Forums?
You've at least done up to Reimann sums, right?

Right up to before serious math.

I'm ok with this tho, I have a decent foundation to learn more on my own, and I'll probably never use the more serious math or even most of what I've learned in my current job.

>cohomology
>genius level
B R A I N L E T
R
A
I
N
L
E
T

Serious math, but I just finished 1st year EE so idk if I'm even going further down

My undergrad thesis at stony brook was on random matrix theory.

I keep seeing this version of the picture, with its serious defect, and so it requires correction.

>triple integrals cutoff at the bottom
i kekd

Entering serious math. Pretty excited.

>How far in are you Veeky Forums?
"smooth manifolds" is the lowest I have got, but that is 3rd semester stuff...

I also don't get why metric spaces is so low, even talking about "differentials" without knowing what a metric space is, seems really awkward.
It was also the first thing that was thought in my 1. math class in university, after a bit of logic and set theory.

>boolean algebra half way past "serious math"
I took that before I took calculus

>Fucking PDEs before eigenvectors
Lmao what?

Why is Yang-Mills in genius level? That's just Lie algebra and gauge theories.

At least I'm not a brainlet then.

Lets make an IQ version of this.

Busy filling up the last things before serious maths. How deep will a mechanical engineering degree take me?

I think they mean the solution to Yang Mills

>mechanical engineering
in terms of stuff that could possibly relevant: Real Analysis, Complex Analysis, Calculus of Variations. So if you do the hardest electives imaginable, you can get into the start of serious math.

Why the fuck is stochastic calculus higher than measure theory when the latter is a prerequisite to the former?

I'm at the start of Serious Math (Real Analysis and Combinatorics)

Was it offered by the CS department or the MATH department? There's a big difference between the two offerings.

was meant for this poster

Thanks user. I think my problem is that I'm wildly interested in everything but too much of a brainlet to actually learn everything about every field so I went for the most general practical degree I could. It's just terrifying realising that there will always be more to learn, no matter how learned you think you are, and it's even worse to wish that you could learn everything but know that you can't. Anyone else experience this feel?

Why can't you learn anything you want? A good textbook + solution manual OR math stackexchange will allow you to learn anything about undergraduate mathematics.

I know I'm being a bit of a faggot, but it's because I do that already (in all fields, not just maths) but I just feel like the knowledge I want to absorb is endless, and even though I know that should be exciting (and it is), it's also demoralising to know that I'll never finish, I'll never know everything I want to know.

Best get over that attitude ASAP, dude.

The order is absolutely terrible, done by someone who has no idea of any math beyond 1st year undergrad. I am doing my thesis on a topic in symplectic geometry.

>tfw you're high up on the continuous maths but down low on the discrete maths

>random sequence extrapolation
How many iterations of the rational integration operator does this need?

the four color theorem doesn't belong there. It's essentially a discharge argument that devolves into hundreds of cases. Each case is pretty trivial to check, and no one has ever done it by hand.

oh, yeah it was probably CS department since I was a CS major

Hey, I'm about to transfer to Stony Brook to major in math. What's it like there? How'd it go after graduation

Just before serious math. Still in 4th semester of mechanical engineering though so I might go a little deeper in the future.

System dynamics is really just a course on applied control theory.

I feel like making a physics version of this template. Suggestions are welcome.

lol homomorphism being serious
doi T(a*b)=T(a)+T(b) ddooi im a math genius because homomorphism is a big word

>Hairy Ball theorem
>serious math
Top kek

>getting the definition of homomorphism wrong.
wow, you are something special.