Is there a worse gastronomic phenomenon in recent years than "craft beer"?

Is there a worse gastronomic phenomenon in recent years than "craft beer"?

I cannot stand these pretentious cunts

They make me want to mow them all down with an AK-47

Look, I like my Molson as much as the next guy at a party, but it's much nicer to have a flavourful craft beer with your meal.

user, you just hate people and want normies to feel bad. Stop lashing out at things and start lashing out at people.

>enjoying anything other than pisswater swill is pretentious

Flyovers need to be gassed.

it's ok user if you have bad taste. question: do you purchase good coffee like Peets or do you just drink Folgers? if the latter is true for you, you are pretty much a tasteless pleb.

Grow a sack and make your dreams come true.

It doesn't necessarily have to be pretentious

It's just a new generation of people who are into brewing beer. Some of it is actually quite good and has found its way to menus at world-class restaurants.

>8.5% of craft beer drinkers have a Ph.D.

come on

>eats healthy
>exercises
>majority are college-educated
poorfag detected

>mfw drink burnt instant coffee and cheap beer
I'm also a student so I have to save. If you have disposable income, there's no reason not to drink better beer.

You're the sort of guys who get pegged by your girlfriends because you're so progressive and so sophisticated, aren't you?

This is why I hate you faggots

I will drink whatever beer I like

Because I'm not a prissy faggot who demands approval from other people, you fucking faggots

alright Cletus

So they're faggots. Confirming what we already know.

Why do you think people who drink craft beer give a fuck about your opinion then? Let people drink whatever the fuck they want you faggot.

I'll take projecting for 500, Alex.

That's the point. I'll drink whatever beer I like. If someone likes Colt 45 and OE it's none of my business.

>I don't care what you think about what I drink!
>I want to murder you because of what you drink though!

Better beer is beer that I like

I will buy this because I like it

Who the fuck wants to drink strong, hoppy beer when you're just out with your mates having lagers? Who the fuck wants that? Pretentious fucks, that's who

I'm not there to swill some fucking strong-tasting beer around my mouth and make a fucking journal of what it tastes like

I'm there to have a refreshing lager with the lads and have some bants

Maybe it's because I'm a socially well-adjusted human being, while all these "craft beer" faggots are autistic losers who are desperate to indulge this fantasy that they are better than normal people?

>not forcing your views on others in a hypocritical manner
It's like you aren't even white trash rednecks

This is bait, right?

Let me tell you a little secret user

Nobody cares that you're drinking an IPA

In fact, people just think you're a weird loser because you're trying so hard to be different

reddit spacing, fuck off

sorry you're poor user. given all of these irrrelevant statistics, i think it just comes down to income.

Stop caring about what others enjoy you faggot
>UGH you're drinking a budweiser? Grow some taste and try this triple hopped organic IPA
>UGH you're drinking a triple hopped IPA? Grow some balls and just have a budweiser

Literally no difference, you're both pretentious.

>I'm not a prissy faggot

Reminder that the Founding Fathers brewed their own brew and the men that built this country with blood, sweat and tears drank microbrews. Every town and most bars brewed their own beer. In 1850 there were more than 4000 breweries in the US. It was only the defectives who couldn't fight in WWII and women who demanded adjunct lager pisswater.

Checkmate, pisswater macro drinking feminized defectives.

I gotta agree here.

I don't like most commonly available lager, that's all there is to it. This guy would have me believe I'm some sort of turbonerd as described in the OP image. But that's common when an overly judgemental dipshit jumps into any hobby and starts assuming everyone fits into his imaginary stereotype.

Hey dude, tell your lads about the pedophile loli aficionado board you're posting on right now.

this infograph is an incomprehensible mess.
the age category is a mess. what do the bars stand for? what do the numbers stand for? why are they different, and what is their difference trying to communicate?
about the total beer industry, is it trying to say men are 75% of all beer drinkers, and 95% of craft beer drinkers?
or is this industry workers?
why say industry when the subject of the infograph is drinkers?

Found the data scientistfag

>divorced guys trying to be cool think craft beer makes him seem young because actors in tv drink it

I just don't understand it. Guinness is better than any "craft" beer I have tasted.

What is the sample size? this appears to be done in the uk

Why does the bar for 26-34 year olds extend out further when the 35-49 year olds are the bigger demographic?

I drink it because it's better than adjunct lager shit. You realize the American beer industry was total dogshit after WWII and before craft right?

Hey OP, your McChicken is getting cold and your lager is getting warmer.

I'm actually a nogf virign /pol/ fag. What is wrong about craft beers? I don't drink them to get drunk but because they taste really good.
>oh you make your own burgers? just get them at mc donalds like everyone else fucking hipser

why dont' the craft been industry numbers add up to 100%?

if you don't like craft beer, don't drink it.
what's wrong with trying new beers to find ones you like?

Is just another case of "I don't like X's fanbase so I'll pretend I hate X"

It's literally more pretentious than hipsters

>i don't have an argument

That's all you had to say user :-)

False

If you drink pretentious shit then you're a pretentious fag

If you drink normal shit then you're a normal person

Yes but those beers weren't mass-marketed with the idea that they were "edgy" or "alternative" were they?

>people who drink normal beer are feminized

Ahahahaha alright buddy, go into your local bar and pick a fight with the biggest dude there - chances are he'll be drinking normal beer and not your fag shit :-)

>if you drink pretentious shit then you're a pretentious fag
wrong

No it's not

Normal people drink normal beer

The only people that drink pretentious beer are pretentious people

I know that you don't like facing reality user but it's true whether you like it or not :-)

Wow you really convinced me not to believe my own eyes there, user

Very convincing

if you don't have any arguments. don't reply to my post

>Normal people drink normal beer

What the fuck is "normal beer" to you? If you're European, I can imagine you're fine drinking widely produced beers. But widely produced beers in North America taste like piss. No way I'm going back to Budweiser.

Yeah, clearly you're the normal one lad

>go into your local bar and pick a fight with the biggest dude there

I will be the biggest dude there and I'll be drinking my craft beer, manlet.

>I hate thing, look how edgy I can feel about things that don't involve me.

I also think it's kinda faggy.

Stop me :-)

I've not tasted American "light beers" like Bud Light - I'd like to though.

But what about Heineken, you guys have that don't you? That's one of my favourite lagers 2bh.

More normal than hipster faggots who drink hipster faggot shit

Sure you will be buddy, I bet you're ten foot tall.

heineken is swill only old women like

Heineken is alright.

Why are you so mad about 'pretentious' shit anyway?

Did a hipster diddle you as a small child?

>I liked lagers when they were still cool
face it lagerfag, you're just trying to be on the edge of the next fad. kys

His wife left him for a barista with a manbun

I don't know if you've ever been to /mu/ but there is a popular RYM article called "100 albums hipsters love" which is a 10,000 word tirade against the dreaded hipster and all things he pretends to enjoy for validation

No one labels themselves as a hipster, it is almost always a way to attack the credibility of someone else's taste. Calling someone a hipster is saying, "your interests/tastes are not genuine, you are pretending to enjoy these things for the attention or social brownie points." It's a way to affirm your own genuine-ness, but also a way to project your dislike of something onto an entire population. "Since I do not enjoy this thing, surely these people also can't actually enjoy this thing, they must do it to appear popular." This is of course projection in the extreme, and reveals one to be self-centered and even lacking in empathy, for not being able to recognize how someone may enjoy something you don't.

Sorry for the autism it's been a slow day

idk I like all kinds of beer. hope this helps

It doesn't

oh ok

Thanks anyway

To be fair, some of the stuff on /mu/ makes me wonder.

Except death grips. Legitimately enjoyable.

>why dont' the craft been industry numbers add up to 100%?
The remaining 0.4% declined to fill in an answer and are currently in litigation and/or in therapy following a recent wave of sexist attacks by pollsters.

>26.4% longer than 41.5%
really fires up my neurons

Most Ph.D.s aren't picky about beer. Wine and liquor, maybe

sucking dicks doesnt make you homo

you'll understand after you turn 21, which according to my math is in 5 years

What if you're in a POW camp and they'll torture and kill you if you don't?

>sexual congress is the same as purchasing consumer goods
only when i visit your mom are these the same

The disconnect between the bar size and percentages on the ages really bugged me

>those beers weren't mass-marketed with the idea that they were "edgy" or "alternative" were they?

No they weren't, just like most microbrews today. Most are produced in small locally owned brewpubs or breweries. The breweries sell kegs to local or regional bars and growlers from the brewery to walkins. Sounds just like 1850 doesn't it, Cletus? The mass marketing is done by the largescale macro adjunct brewers whose feminized tit you suck at, and a handful of large craft brewers.

Are you retarded or were you just homeschooled?

>negative connotation to homeschoolers
why tho? homeschooled students perform in the top 15% of all students on average. they're significantly more well prepared for university coursework than public school retards

Keep your fantasies to yourself user

Craft beer is more a flyover thing. New York and LA are way behind the curve

>Most Ph.D.s aren't picky about beer. Wine and liquor, maybe
The data says exactly the opposite. People with PhDs make up 1.77% of the US population over the age of 25 (and nearly 0% of those younger than 25), yet they make up 8.5% of craft beer drinkers, suggesting they very strongly favor craft beer relative to the rest of the population

americans will defend this

>do you purchase good coffee like Peets or do you just drink Folgers?

I drink Cuban coffee. You know, the good stuff.
Not some diluted American bean water.

The chart is about Britain though

>Bar for 26.4% is bigger than the one for 41.5.

you will defend this

People who care about coffee are the worst. Its a low tier beverage in any of its forms

coffee isn't a bean

OBSESSED

Where I'm from it's cultural. Everyone brews their own coffee in the morning. I grew up drinking coffee.

It's not about Americans.. We all know they don't like to excercise.

Yeah, I guess that's true when they attend Oral Roberts University where the fundamental basis of the science department curriculum is that the earth is 6000 years old.

i bet $1 you fact checked my claim, saw i was right, and decided to throw a tantrum instead of conceding.
just stop posting if this is the best you can come up with.

>why tho? homeschooled students perform in the top 15% of all students on average
Probably because poor people don't home school

91.5% of Ph.D.s are not craft beer drinkers.

that's not what the numbers said

Most euro beers taste like piss too.

i exclusively drink craft beer and even homebrew myself, but if i ever saw someone who looked like that in the OP image i would give him a wedgie immediately

8.5% do therefore 91.5% don't

>Is there a worse gastronomic phenomenon in recent years than "craft beer"?

Yes, using the word gastronomic.

>not being female (female)

it doesn't say 8.5% do

no alcohol for me. coffee is my passion.

It clearly states that the 8.5% in question is taken out of total craft beer drinkers, not total PhD holders. Are you an ESL student, maybe?

do you think those two posts aren't in agreement with one another?

No. I am not very smart, user. I sorry.

it's ok. now you know

It's the only thing I know.

400's BC Greece just called and they want you back, Socrates.

You're all fucking retards I swear