Ask a Serb anything about Balkan food

Ask a Serb anything about Balkan food.

Wonder if there is any interest in the food in this region. It's super cheap. Buying BBQ from a kiosk on the street is 2-4 euros and it's done on a wood burning grill in front of you.

My favorite restaurant that's upper tier in terms of cost is about 10 euros per person.

Also, any general questions are welcome.

>inb4 remove kebab, poor slavshit etc

how do i make proper cevapi? what seasoning goes in them?

Back to the fields sergei

Mmmm cevape na lepinju sa kajmakom

You can't. You'll end up fucking it up, just like the Croats and the Bosnians.

What's the proper way to season a gypsy?

The key is to mix or "kneed" the meat for a long time. Like 20 minutes long. That's what gives them the unique texture. There is no seasoning besides some finely minced garlic and a pinch of baking soda. You use beef. No pork

Dirt and garbage

And salt and pepper obviously

Dump them in the river by the cigamala

What's that bead called the you roll into a long log, then put into a round pan to bake?

This? We just call it pita sa mesom or pita sa sirom. Pie with meat and pie with cheese

Yes. Shits fuckin cash when fresh.

Nista zanimljivo kod nase kuhinje. There was no need for you to make this thread

so i jus mix a bit of garlic, salt and pepper into my minced beef and knead it for a long time, then make little sausages from it and grill until done?

gasoline to taste and a little touch of fire

As far as I know, yeah. Here everyone just buys them pre made from the butcher. If you go to a good one it's usually better than what you can make at home. You also need pretty fatty meat. I wouldn't go under 80/20. 70/30 would be good

Get a job at the Zastava factory, and start mailing me parts. I'll make you rich(by Serbian standards)

A favourite local recipe?

I like stews and soups, do you have a "signature" local one?

what is the best recipie for sarma.
My fiancé is serbian and i want to surprise her but it has to be genuine

My favorite dish is called Karadjordjeva snicla. It's rolled pork with kajmak inside which is this kind of salty, fatty cheese that is kinda similar to butter.

As far as a signature local one, as I live in an area of Belgrade right next to the Danube, fish soup is pretty common.
It's more the technique than a certain recipe. I honestly dont know how to make it, my grandma always does it.

1. Can you play the accordion?
2. What can I do with feta cheese that's authentically Balkan?

Do you make smreka? If so, how?

Are Serbs good people?

Find a dolmades recipe and substitute the vine leaves for sauerkraut(obv not shredded but whole leaves of cabbage) and that's basically it. A very simplistic one would be
>rice
>ground pork/beef
>seasoning to taste

You can go wild from there basically. Cumin seeds, carrots, vegetarian. Also you can finish them in the oven for a nice crispy top or do them in the oven from the start instead of boiling them.

Disclaimer: I am from Bulgaria, not Serbia, but a sarma is a sarma and I also love them anyway.

and people say the US has unhealthy foods...

Well, they didn't have 8 HFCS sodas or a chemical injected solution pork style product, so yeah, they can claim that.

> they didn't have 8 HFCS sodas or a chemical injected solution pork style product

he says as he ingests 1600 calories of fried fat and starch

Cockta is better than Coca-Cola or Pepsi.

What are the quintessential serb/balkan dishes that isn't sarma

what is the best burek filling?
how do you feel about kebabs?

Is there a single authentic Yugo food? All you have are variants of Turkish/Italian/Polish/Greek/Austro-German dishes. Step it up, faggots.

tru

>how do i make proper cevapi?
move to Novi Travnik, Bosnia

>My favorite restaurant that's upper tier in terms of cost is about 10 euros per person.
Is it really that cheap over there? Might visit

>no pork
haram or what?