Have there been any good books written by Atheists? My intuition says no

Have there been any good books written by Atheists? My intuition says no

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_atheist_authors
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Atheism is reworked protestantism but with even less thinking involved, surprisingly. So no.

Possibly Hemingway

>intuition
lol

a clock work orange

>good

I hear Reddit is pretty good

>good

Sorry to say this, my Atheist friend, but YOU are the one not welcome here. Veeky Forums is a catholic board

The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand

I'm a protestant you retard, I was saying that Reddit is a book written by atheists

I bet you faggos haven't even read it and are just going make this reply to any book someone names. Have fun memeing.

i read it because dude kubrick lmao

fact is it's not a good book that would be completely forgotten if it wasn't for the film

I've read it.

I'd argue the opposite. Without the movie the book would be held in higher regard

Thomas Pynchon wrote some good books. Mishima too. Herman Melville, of course, despite all of the biblical allusions. Stefan Zweig. Vladimir Nabokov. The list goes on.

This.

Do we know Pynchon is an atheist?

Anything by Zizek :^)

Wikipedia lists Pynchon as a Catholic

Whether Mishima believed in reincarnation or not isn't clear enough to be sure. He certainly wrote about it.

Melville according to Hawthorne
>He can neither believe, nor be comfortable in his unbelief; and he is too honest and courageous not to try to do one or the other.
Probably more of an agnostic

Zweig
> "My mother and father were Jewish only through accident of birth," Zweig said later in an interview. Yet he did not renounce his Jewish faith and wrote repeatedly on Jews and Jewish themes.
More or less secular Jew =/= atheist

Nabokov was an agnostic

Seems agnostics can write great literature, but atheists can't.

I don't know if Twain was religious at all but there's a particularly stinging criticism of God when the "stranger" creates life and then destroys it, and when the kids became over this he just expresses indifference to it.

Lots of them. Your intuition, like religion, is hilarious bullshit.

Horseshit. And here, do your own homework.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_atheist_authors

you should check out god is not great by christopher hitchens

i hear the god delusion is also pretty good

I miss the good old days when Youtube atheists would show it off to let everyone know they read books.

It seems like most German writers are atheists.

Veeky Forums is a Orthodox Christian Anarchist board

friedrich nietzsche, the antichrist

ITT
>Everyone's a theist/agnostic till I say so

Be a good bitch and name some

Too dumb to look down slightly, eh? It's all that praying.

Good bitch