twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No need to eat it/10

The crumb

no need

shitty crust but nice crumb

laffed

Ty user

Looks pretty damn good. Recipe?

thanks user it was really good. soft and moist inside really crunchy crust. U really do need a dutch oven to make this work though. Super cheap and super easy. >girlversusdough.com/2015/08/13/no-knead-dutch-oven-bread/

Nice, I'll try it. I have a dutch oven so no issues there. Really like the crumb. Pretty damn impressed.

thanks!! What i added to the dry mix was a little sugar, it helps the yeast release more co2 and results in that airy crumb

It looked so good i literally just made the dough.

nice! looks great so far

Thanks for the idea, user. This is my first bread so I'm sure that I'll fuck it up somehow in the morning.

I agree

np. it will turn out fine, trust me. just make sure to let it rise for 12-18 hours. the dough should have lots of bubbles and very loose when its ready

Looks good, OP! I made no knead whole wheat bread today. 2 cups all purpose flour, 1 cup whole wheat flour, yeast/salt/water/a dash of nutritional yeast for flavor, mixed and sat overnight (15 hours).

I've only made quick-rise bread in the past, was super pleased with how mine turned out.

Should I score it or is that unnecessary?Looks good

^ what user said. I was really intimidated by making bread, but after my 3rd attempt I've gotta say it's pretty damn easy. Let it sit long enough, don't knead it too hard after it's risen, and make sure to cook in a HOT dutch oven with a lid.

Scoring is helpful to make it rise evenly, but don't stress about it. It's not totally necessary.

I don't think you baked that long enough. crust looks extremely light

nice crumb
no need to score, it will crack automatically
i think its the lighting but yea i normally dont like a dark crust.

12 hours later

Scoring makes sure that the tears on the breads surface are aesthetically pleasing and predictable, and not completely random like OP's

its necessity depends on whether you care about that or not

Sad crumb, but first bread so fuck it.

looks great

I love it when you guys make bread.

You did GREAT! Bread is a surprisingly difficult thing to make correctly, it takes practice. I hope it tastes delicious!

Thanks guise, it's pretty damned good. I've finished half the loaf already.

I love you

Hey, I just baked my first loaf the same way a week or so ago. No-knead, Dutch oven bread.

I'm gonna try again today, I think, see if I can't do even better.

that looks pretty tasty.

this bread looks really nice and soft. i like bread like this at lunchtime, like a sweet pillow. just some butter on this nice bread, eat it nice and slow. a snack too, but not too late at night- it's a nice silken summer bread, sun is shining and you are just biting into that chewy bread, not much of a crisp, more of a nice slow bite, really nice, velvet bread.
now this is a great dinner bread. i mean, wow. lights are low, maybe one incandescent edison bulb setting the mood, nice and dim in here, very romantic, you can eat this bread alone or share it with a loved one, it's nice and dark with a good hard crust that is crunchy and crackly. some really nice olive oil with this bread, the expensive stuff, soaks right in and when you get to that chewy crumb it is like the hushed sweet singing of angels, you have this texture contrast of the crust and crumb and a little bit of that fired taste on the outside, a nice mature bread, really handsome, really puts you in the mood you know. beautiful bread.
oh, yes. here is a sweet dutch springtime bread. just a little thin slice of this and you're good to go, just a little light snack on your cool and windy and sunny day, maybe you put a little bit of a nice spread you got on this bread, maybe a pesto you got, maybe an avocado pesto you made this past week. or you put this with some tomatoes and basil and mozzarella, little sweet caprese breads, and you serve them to as many friends as you can, it's a cute light little bread that feels nice to bite into. i love this bread.
this is me

these are seriously some of the best threads every time. never stop baking.

You're sort of terrifying.

Is this you?

wow looks awesome

:)

here, thank you for the kind words to me and everyone else in this post

r8

Made this bread yesterday. Half 00 flour and half whole wheat flour

Nice scoring! What kind of knife did you use?

>00 flour
looks good, the fuck is 00 flour though

here
That looks fucking delicious

Use any of these two knifes.

The one with wood handle is older, so I sharpen it every time I use it when scoring bread.

The other one is brand new and I have only used it to make bread.

Use a small but very sharp knife

Forgot pic

Gotcha, thanks! I scored my bread for the first time yesterday, and was worried I had totally deflated it. Next time I'll use a sharper knife. How long do you let yours rise after scoring?

I dont let it rise. Right after scoring I put it inside a pre heated cast iron dutch oven that was in a 250ºC oven for 45mins.

I'm not an bread expert, started making bread in december and made like 15 loafs. If someone with more experience could answer if we should let it rise after scoring, that would be helpful.

I assume you cover the dutch oven for at least part of the cooking?

I let it covered during the whole cooking process.

45 mins preheated at 250ºC to make the dutch oven very hot.

After the bread is in, I let 30 minutes at 250ºC and then 20 minutes at 230ºC. I don't even open the oven.

Do you brush egg on it? It's a very nice crust.

You are right to score it just prior to baking. Letting it rise after scoring spreads the cut and negates the effect. Brush with milk before this for a crunchy crust, and for added flavour sprinkle seseme or poppy seeds after brushing but before scoring.
Brushing with 1tsp honey melted into 1tsp boiling water will give a shiny crackly glaze.

Fascinating. That's a higher temp than I've been baking my bread at (450ºF/230ºC), and I've been baking it for 30 min with the lid on, and 10-15 with the lid off to brown the crust nicely.

No. Dont use anything.

Flour, water, salt and yeast. Nothing more.

Thanks for the compliment. This method is very consistent. This one I made like 3 weeks ago.

Thanks for the help. Maybe I will try brushing milk next time.

I like tu use some fleur de sel to get the crust a little saltier, and it adds a nice texture too.