How do I get into actual factual magic...

how do I get into actual factual magic? I have no interest in people like aleister crowley or some other fruity aristocrat and their depraved secret society.

well, most magic/hermetic societies worked with whatever leaked out of The Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, and Crowley supposedly leaked everything, so that would seem like a good place to start.

you might want to read the Corpus Hermeticum and maybe the Kyballion before getting into all that though, possible The Book of Enoch too.

What you consider "actual factual" magic to be largely depends on where you're coming from. Chaos magic? Moore's interpretation of art as magic? A particular branch of wicca? Some sort of Druidic or shamanistic path? Kabbalahism? Magic within a deistic faith (I.e. prayer or blessings)? Be more specific.

there isn't any such thing as "factual magic" unless you mean "magicians" such as david blaine etc. "magic" doesn't exist

however if you are looking for an overview of how "magic" (with or without the "k") has been viewed throughout history and the people who attempted it (john dee etc) then pic related is a pretty good read whether you believe in it or not. as you can probably tell from the cover it was released to try to capture the audience who got a little bit interested in magic thanks to jonathan strange and mr norrell.

>how do I get into actual factual magic?

You....don't?

Open a book OP. Reading is the only real magic.

>mediaeval woodcut prints
>cashing in on a contemporary novel

have you never seen JS&MN user?

Is morrowind Veeky Forums?

if i knew what I was looking for I'd be looking for it. Not chaos magc or alan moore stuff though, I mean actually doing wizard shit.

sorry 4 being shirty bro, i know ur just trying to help

Not a single woodcut in sight.

Look up styxhexenhammer666 on Youtube. He is an edgelord but he makes informative videos on the the occult and magic.

Find a practicing Native American or Latin American shaman. Consume 'medicine' and trip balls with the shaman guiding you through the spirit world.

He says he wants to do actual wizard shit not trip balls
What you want to do OP is find a FOB voodoo priest and hope that he has the patience to work with you. The shit I've seen you wouldn't believe.

Those two are about as close to practical, effective magic as is really possible. They are "actual" wizards and their stuff works to a degree. It's mainly psychological stuff to alter behaviours in you and others. Other schools of magic work occasionally but mainly when they tread on the toes of those two. If you want to cast harry potter type magic spells then I can only suggest you grow up.

it's the only Veeky Forums-game there is

>The shit I've seen you wouldn't believe.

Well, go on then, try me. Let's hear some weird voodoo shit.

Why?

This is pretty good. /x/ has a whole chart for books like this, but I don't have it

Breathing Water by Haliel Myrn is a good starter book.

>he doesn't know about Diablo 2

Magic doesn't exist

>I have no interest in people like aleister crowley or some other fruity aristocrat and their depraved secret society.
literally the best bit

>Not PS:T

Initiation into Hermetics.

Castaneda desu

>mindlessly hacking creatures
>Veeky Forums