It has been three years since I have read Stirner. Through that period I read some more philosophy...

It has been three years since I have read Stirner. Through that period I read some more philosophy, and while most of it dealt with different things, it helped me to brood over Stirner's ideas.

Now I have come to a conclusion: action as identity always entails sacrifice and idol worship.

>action as identity always entails sacrifice and idol worship

Now present your argument

Idol worship or idle worship?

And what the fuck do you mean by "action as identity"?

>action as identity always entails sacrifice and idol worship

Holy.....

Read Theory of Religion by Bataille

not an arguement

>tfw you realize everything you used to love is a spook

how do I unspook myself?

You can't. You will forever be a spook.

I think OP means that you can't unspook yourself as far you take action in order to do or think something. There will be always that "in order to" for your act. And by sacrifice I think he means you shrink yourself into an identity, for without identity you wouldn't have anything to identify with, in order to take action.

So as much as one might one try, one will always be spooked?

>Weekly stimer thread
>Never not devolves into spookposting

Can you give it a rest, OP?

>action as identity always entails sacrifice and idol worship.

Is masturbation a spook

>Now I have come to a conclusion: action as identity always entails sacrifice and idol worship.

"I figured out something. Proving who you are by what you means you'll have to sacrifice something, and worship something."

Stimer loses 3 points.

>"action as identity"?
He probably means that anytime you are about to execute some action X, you are implicitly choosing some identity Y. It's pretty vague though.

>anytime you are about to execute some action X, you are implicitly choosing some identity Y.
That's not true though. The latter is just an interpretation.

It was never more than an interpretation user. I don't actually believe that taking a shit means you'e choosing some identity.

I'm on board with the sacrifice part, but what's with the idol worship? I can understand existence always being a cost and as such a sacrifice.

Sacrifice acts as immolation. What urges you to act, why are you taking action, if not for some idea? Why for that idea, that purpose, instead if any other?

if youre taking your shit in a toilet or in wilderness squatting youre choosing some kind of a identity

lots of people who didnt understand or read stirner in this thread

Memes aside, is it really worth reading Stirner before all other philosphers? Actually, is it worth reading Stirner at all?

not before all other philosophers. start with the greeks. at all? certainly.

No

I guess you'd only ever adopt an identity because you deem the ideal behind it great. If you want to call that "idol worship", okay.

Sacrifice entails losing something, and I don't see that.
Apart from the fact that any action and decission means ruling out some other action and decision and you only ever do one thing at a time.
(If you go study economy because you want to become an economist, then you decide not to spend the time working out and you sacrific the time in which you could get healthy and Veeky Forums)

But why is this thread about unspooking? It's not wrong to have desires and strife towards something.

Being spooked by vegetarianism and not being able to eat meat because of it is not the same as deciding not to eat meat. There is a motivation, but now law you adopted.

If you got a small stone in your shoe that bugs you, and you stop and untie your shoe and remove the stone ... then there was no spook or supposed identity involved in this act.

>inb4 pain is a spook
No, spook doesn't just mean "in your head", nor are they urges and instinct. It means a notion you have in your head that you put above yourself and let your actions be determined by it.
A dog who hears a bullet go off and jumps and runs away from the source is not "spooked".

Spooks = reifications

Yeah, I'm just about to wrap up with them. Do I have to read any other philosophers prior to reading The Ego and Its Own in order to understand it?

There are lots of references you will not understand if you not familiar with the context. Just get the edition by David Leopold. It has 50 pages or so of notes.

Thanks user.

Superb dubs btw

Stirner and his (literal) pub club (involving Marx, etc.) were building upon Hegel. But you can't read Hegel.

>But you can't read Hegel.
what did he mean by this?

Where do you draw the line between an insinct, a mere reaction, and putting something above yourself or responding to a spook? You might put a notion of fear and hate about a person who beat you or has different opinion than you. We are born as bodies, machines that have some inclinations stronger than others. If I have a strong inclination to scratch an itch, it doesn't mean that there is no spook of self gratification working here, it's only working on a more base level. You might call it instinct, but that's putting worth on whatever you deem to be not an instinct, scaling levels by their inth positions to what matters.

Every action is always as identity. In order to act, your body recognizes itself together and its surroundings, though distincts itself from the surrounding by the power of gravity of its center.

Every action is sacrifice. You deprive yourself in order to recognise phenomena as such to act on it as such.

Every action is idol worship. Everything in recognition is in a malnourished form that doesn't act by itself but with accordance to the other outside the boundaries. Action identifies your lack and tells you meaning.

Good realisation, OP.

This is why a philosophy obsessed with emancipation of the ego can only contradict itself and fall apart into obscurity.

jesus christ you are retarded

No

>Now I have come to a conclusion: action as identity always entails sacrifice and idol worship.
Practice non-action.
Work without doing.
Taste the tasteless.
Magnify the small, increase the few.
Reward the bitterness with care.

See simplicity in the complicated.
Achieve greatness in little things.

In the universe the difficult things are done as if they are easy.
In the universe great acts are made up of small deeds.
The sage does not attempt anything very big,
And thus achieves greatness.

Easy promises make for little trust.
Taking things lightly results in great difficulty.
Because the sage always confronts difficulties,
He never experiences them.

stop being a bastard

No