/comc/ Day 14 - The Count of Monte Cristo read-through

Chapters 51 through 55

OP is just reading through them now. Some people wanted more catch up days for later in the read-through - I'll slap them in the chart for tomorrow.

>Ebooks and audiobook
mega.nz/#F!NIcBwCYL!ZZo5gGqjat1yL_-RkuzZFw

Previous thread

current chart

>mfw 3 days behind

I am reading now.

Don't worry lad. We'll have some more catch up days later.

My memory is trash and I may suffer a touch of the autisms, so I just quickly slapped together this diagram of relationships so far. Might add some more to it later.

I'm curious if the similarity in name between Edmond and Eduord was premeditated.

Edmond seems to like him, though he got my blood boiling as much as Bendetto.

Can't stand badly behaved kids.

bomp as I go to bed

>much reading
>such length

On chapter 42 but catching up rapidly

do these all show up after Ch. 38? I'm at Ch. 38 and the characters are recognizable, but almost none of the relationships are.

Been awhile since I read though

I didn't start with you guys, reading chapter 27 here, but there's some neat things that got my attention.

>dantes tried to kill himself through starvation
>his dad dies the same way

>first disguise is clearly inspired by the Italian Abbe Faria.

bump

Where's the new thread?

Haven't read since the beginning of January. The school is about to start and I have to do other normie stuffs. Sorry guys I let you down

Chapter 55, 'Major Cavalcanti' - Highly kek worthy.

Sorry. I got banned for shitposting. No point making a new thread now. I'll just put up day 16 at the usual time tomorrow.

You tried, it is ok. Doorstoppers ain't easy. Looks like lit is making a habit of these readthroughs though, so maybe you can join another one when you're ready.

Yeah, after C.38. Before that a lot of the old characters haven't been introduced again with their new developments.

If the average page length for a chapter should be 10 pages, and we've hit several 30 page plus chapters I suppose the ending will be a machine gun fire of very short chapters.

Try the audiobook.

You're correct. I finished the book a week ago (started reading it before this group started), and the last third of the book is made of ~8-15 page chapters. The streak of huge chapters ends with 44, I think.

Audiobook is posted to the mega.nz folder if anyone needs it.

I propose doing 4 chapters a day instead of having two catchup days

I prefer catch-up days.

new thread