Is he Veeky Forums?

Is he Veeky Forums?
theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jan/04/yorkshires-bookseller-from-hell-regrets-calling-customer-a-pain-in-the-arse

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Qssvnjj5Moo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

who cares

I care

Me.

>being this poor

>reading the guardian
>not being poor

I saw this. He takes off the entrance fee off the price of the book, which is cool.

When I worked as a bookseller, I used to get pretty annoyed by people too. Mostly those asking if bags cost 5p.

Yes, the cost 5p. They cost 5p everywhere, lad.

actually there are many exceptions to the rule. e.g. paper bags or if the company has less than 250 employees

although a retailer is always allowed to charge for a bag if they want to

>He added: “I say what I think, I don’t butter my parsnips.”

Is this the most British thing anyone has ever said?

>Yes, the cost 5p. They cost 5p everywhere, lad.
You pay for bags in the UK? Do you pay for napkins at restaurants too?

Fooking northerners

It only costs 5p in the big brand shops. No corner shops charge for bags.

It's a way for the government to try and limit plastic bag waste. Doesn't really work from my experience. I'll gladly pay the 5p, because what's 5p after all? It's nothing.

Heh, yorkshire

It goes to charity, and it a relatively new law.

Ee bah gum

Did they say why he asked for the fee ?
Is it possible he had issues with antisocial behavior ?

>Bloom

>Doesn't really work from my experience. I'll gladly pay the 5p, because what's 5p after all? It's nothing.

Yeah thats why you don't judge things from your "experience", if you look at the statistics it was tremendously successful you fucking mong

>Bloom, who runs Bloomindales

>He explained his policy of asking customers for 50p was a way of finding out whether they were serious or not, and that he did not actually take the money.

I personally haven't seen it working. It's a stupid fucking law.

And I haven't personally seen coca-cola adverts working but they don't pump billions into them for a laugh.
Shut the fuck up

Buddy, I am so close to lodging a complaint about rudeness on your ass right about now.

Sorry sir, we can only take complaints from those who paid the 50p bag fee. I'm afraid I'll have to ask you to leave.

Ive lived in London and you'll be lucky to get napkins in a restaurant at all. There is not a bathroom in the entire city with paper towels.

Are you seriously using anecdote to argue the increase/ decrease in the usage of plastic bags before and after a law, and its application to an entire country?

Holy... I want more...

Yes and we drink toilet water to save money too.

quite a lot of western europe has similar laws.
20 states in the US have at least partial plastic bag bans

Only because bags are still so easily accessible. Here in France it's a bloody pain the arse to get plastic bags as you often have to go somewhere else in the shop or ask the person at the till specifically (they always look at me weirdly) if I can have one of those long life bags. They also can cost up to 1 euro here.

Basically if you go shopping and you don't have pic related you are a cuck.

I'm sometimes butthurt that this country really goes out of its way to annoy the fuck out of you and make little things in life inconvenient but hey, if it reduces carbon emissions why the fuck not.

>Yes, the cost 5p. They cost 5p everywhere, lad.
So by bookseller you mean on the tills in Waterstones last year.

Americans don't like it because this is what most consider Art
youtu.be/Qssvnjj5Moo

Oh a piece of litter how beatiful. I hope it flies into someone's windscreen and strangles a fish or something.