Are there any books that deal with bitter dissatisfaction with human beings? I mean I despise the tribalism...

Are there any books that deal with bitter dissatisfaction with human beings? I mean I despise the tribalism, the hatred between fellow human beings, the ignorance of what's really going on in the world coupled with the conviction of stupid beliefs that aren't even true, or can't be proven true. Every single day I just think about human beings suffering, partially because it makes me so upset and partially because I hate them so much.

Your disdain for human beings is entirely related and alike to that which causes people to behave as you describe.

My diary, desu

I know that. I still want a book though.

How hateable.

Ulysses.

It's practically a joke at this point but it does touch on the topic.

I can't read that shit.

bump

bump

Nope, not at all. Not a single book like that.

Learn to love people, OP. You're stuck in a cyclical cycle and only you can pull yourself out of it, if you even want to be pulled out of it. My guess is that you take great pleasure in your disdain for others and your own misery.

>coupled with the conviction of stupid beliefs that aren't even true,

Like the belief that people should share and get along?

Not OP but how do you love people? Every time I try they end up hurting me. Better to hate them and keep them out of my life.

Confessions of a Mask, No Longer Human, The Conspiracy against the Human Race, Catcher in the Rye, The Bell Jar.

Forgive them

You say that now, but will you do in your moment of doom? Your feelings alone won't give you the strength of martyrs, whatever rules of goodness and civility you hold for yourself have to be grounded in something absolute otherwise you will destroy them with your own hands in due time, people are monsters such as that.
By convictions and beliefs I assume you mean political views and religion respectively, don't fool yourself, these things have done nothing but bring mankind up from out of the mud, hatred is the natural state of man, and things such as politics and religion are inherently unnatural. Politics and religion may cause conflict, as what is true cannot coexist with what is false.
To stop conflict you have to first stop the search for truth, and this is suicide, it would be a return to the mud from whence we came.

Well this

But first you must learn to forgive yourself. Your suffering and your hurt all come from your expectation, wants, and desires from others. It's natural, but it's important to understand this. They aren't hurting you. You're own expectations of them are. They're just trying to do what they think is best, for right or wrong and they're just as full of ignorance towards others and as full of sin as anyone else.

I don't pretend even for a second that this is easy. It takes work and plenty of time thinking about this and stewing on it. People can be aggravating and bring great disdain, but as they to you, you to them.

>My guess is that you take great pleasure in your disdain for others and your own misery.
Me irl

Take a step back, and look at people's actions in a slightly reductionist and humourous way. Works for me

You're loving the wrong people. There are living individuals who I personally admire and see as beacons of light in a dark world.
But those are few and far between, like buoys separated by vast expanses of sea on a moonless night. It takes some learning to see them as such.

bump

Ignorance can be a sin too. People are not deserving of forgiveness.

War and Peace
Oblomov

love them from a distance. unrequited love is the best. love is a powerful tool, a performance enhancer and a pretty balls to the wall experience. fall in love often, with different people. dont attempt to form a relationship and dont disclose your love. dont worry about feeling sad, sadness can be fun. dont worry about being hurt, that can be fun too. dont fall in love for the people with whom you are in love, fall in love for the love itself.

apologies for the no caps, im lying at an awkward position and my left hand is cupping my balls quite majestically and i dont want to stop even for a second to press the shift key

just kys 2bh

Try some books from Dazai, No Longer Human has already been called but maybe his other works can be good for you.

Iliad and Odyssey
Don Quixote
Anna Karenina

Go on, you want to learn what it means to be human? Read those.

REEE etc

bump

>wants to learn what it means to be human
>doesn't mention Shakespeare, who literally invented the human

>People are not deserving of forgiveness.
This is why you will always be miserable. Everyone is deserving of forgiveness. Even you.

You must, absolutely must, learn to forgive yourself.

Issahakyan's Abu-Lala Mahari