Wisdom Teeth

I didn't read but five books last year. I am typically an incredibly slow reader in my adulthood, though as a child, I was quite adept and swift. Last week I was about fifty pages into Hunter's Sketches, and I decided I was fed up. As a youth, I was placed on adderall, which had the expected results of making me far more competent in terms of focus. I've always been cognizant of this. So, fed up as I've been, I decided to try taking adderall again. It was overwhelming, and I didn't get much done. I figured my real problem was willpower. Anyway, afterwards, here i am, fifty pages in, and I say what the hell, I'll take a caffeine pill, maybe that other was too much. Well, I succeeded in reading that in the next two days, at about one hundred fifty pages a day.

Of course, I was excited, hoping that I had broken through. I figured I had found the will and could coast on it for a while, but here I was today, at fifty pages in of T's Fathers & Sons, and I was caught in a rut.

I took another caffeine pill and read the rest of the book today. About two hundred pages. So, am I going to be stuck like Balzac, relying on coffee for focus and inspiration, or will I regrow my wisdom teeth and become an adult capable of controlling his mental faculties?

heh

>stuck like Balzac
heheh

imagine if Balzac had access to cocaine.

another caffeine driven hundred fifty pages. i guess my fate is sealed eh?

I have a problem where if I read too fast, I just skim over the whole page and completely forget what I read

ADHD scum here
It's really hard to read when I'm not on Adderall, but when I am on rare occasions my begin scanning the book without being able to stop and I can't force my eyes to stop moving. Kinda freaky desu

Also I developed an eating disorder (in the technical definition of the term) from taking Adderall in 3rd to 5th grade and I'm now rail-thin

*my eyes begin

i don't have much trouble remembering what happens, usually it's eay to get caught up, instead its the focus. it's so difficult to remain in the story world, i tear myself out and have to force myself back in. i guess it's always such a shock that it almost causes me physical pain. stimulants always seem to help me ignore the pain of traveling to and fro.

eh, i'll never find if alone anymore. it will all be guarded under lock and key by syringe wielding golems, syringes filled with meth.

another fifty since i couldn't sleep. leskov is not as good as turgenev, and his fantasies pale next to gogol. ah well.

I dont get how everyone claims that coffee makes them super focused. Everytime I drink caffeine I do get the energy boost but the rest is the complete opposite for me. Theres no way I can focus on reading a book. Or pretty much no way I can focus on anything at all. Is this common for other people or did I just get the shitty end of the stick or something?

it happens when your focus is well adjusted, when your mind isn't fucked up, coffee gives you a nice wake up. if your brain is like mine, a coffee won't do a damn thing unless you drink about eight extracts. i have to basically take caffeine pills before it does anything.

what a pleb. also, gross picture.

How do I get tested for ADHD as a 28 year old man?

are you distracted by ideas and bullshit to the point that you're literally debilitated?

pretty much

do you get sleepy or dreamy when you drink a strong cup of coffee?

How can you have an eating disorder if you KNOW you have an eating disorder?

I mean, just fucking eat stuff.

it's a failure of self control on par with a drug addiction. very hard for some people to escape.

adderall generally fucking destroys the appetite. I took it when I was 14, and I would barely eat anything until my medicine started to wear off, and then I would gorge myself late at night. It's a terrible, terrible drug.

i was raised a vegetarian, adderall and vegetarianism goes well, surprisingly. if you gorge brussels sprouts. it does very little damage and makes your muscles as dense as lead

try like 3mg of adderall. you shouldn't be able to feel it strongly or much

yeah, i could, but i'm just going to stick with caffeine. i've done meth and such, and it was too tempting for me when i got back on adderall. i know if i were willing to cut off my emotional ties with my family and fiance, i would be utterly happy succumbing to meth all over again. but i think caffeine will have to work for now. also looking into ginseng.