Waffle House

Is Waffle House the ultimate culinary experience?

Waffle House has perfected the idea of a short order restaurant where everything except the chili is cooked to order. Your order is always correct and always cooked perfectly. They never close, and, in the event of a major natural disaster, they are the first place open so that first responders have a place at which to eat. They are proud of their product selection and will tell you exactly what it is: Jimmy Dean sausage, Smithfield bacon and ham, Springer Mountain chicken, Coca-Cola products, the full assortment of Heinz condiments, Tropicana OJ, etc. Hell, even Anthony Bordain has said, and I quote, that Waffle House "is better than the French Laundry", which he had previously claimed was the best restaurant in the world.

youtube.com/watch?v=cX_kbIVxl_o

There is no other restaurant in which you can be completely hammered drunk, be served a delicious meal that was prepared with love, be treated like family, and, if you don't something crazy like order your coffee with fried mushrooms, sawmill gravy, and a slice of cheese, will receive just that without question.

Other urls found in this thread:

dinerhotline.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/central3a.gif
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

waffles are way to fucking expensive,
>1 dollar for like a tablespoon of chocolate chips

fuck that

>Is Waffle House the ultimate culinary experience?
Maybe if you're from Wisconsin or Texas or some shit.

>was prepared with love

My ass. I've been to Waffle House a total of 3 times in my life. Each was a different location. Each time my food was served on a dirty plate with dirty silverware, and when I asked for clean silverware the waitress acted like I was asking for some massive favor.

The food is of horrible quality. It's the kind of shit I would expect in a prison cafeteria.

Their tolerance of drunken antics is literally the only thing they have going for them. If you're not hammered out of your mind then there's absolutely zero reason to eat there.

>getting the waffles

Not even you but I honestly feel the same way

no fucking clue, just want to know how they make those biscuits. I've never had one that felt so flakey but also didn't feel like it was going to explode in my hand. it was perfect for sandwiches unlike real biscuits but I cant find a recipe or even a similar kind of biscuit

The only people that don't like waffle House are contrarian reddtor numales trying to be better than the sheep.

The weak point is they have no fryer. No fries or other tasty deep fried vittles.

I think Waffle House is the restaurant that is the most representational of America.

All Star Special; eggs scrambled, sausage, hashbrowns (smothered and capped!), and waffles.

Coffee (black) and water please! Thank you!

>the waitress acted like I was asking for some massive favor.

Where the hell were you? Being rude to customers is grounds for immediate termination. I eat at WH frequently and have seen a couple of people get fired. There were some teenagers pouring half a cup of sugar into their coffee. The waitress took their sugar away saying "I think you have had enough". The manager saw this and fired her quite publicly.

I've been to dozens of Waffle Houses, and only one of them was shit. The rest were all clean, quick, and had great waffles.

That one bad one was run by niggers in Alabama.

>Your order is always correct and always cooked perfectly.

We don't have any of these up in leafland. How do they compare to typical breakfast places?

typical as in Ihop or denny's? Better than both

I go to waffle house once a week and I've never been disappointed in years

it's a good place to get weed, and a blowjob from the local deputy

xoxo Aaron

No like a diner

Guess no one here knows or cares

But the despair is part of the experience!

Freshman year of college, I got a student discount card that included a BOGO deal on their waffles. Took advantage of the offer that year, but transferred to a college that didn't have cards. This year though my family has gotten hold of a local discount card offered by the local Boy Scouts which has the offer. The rest of my household though don't ever plan on eating there.

I have not had any issues with the food itself, which I enjoy for being cheap and tasty. Sometimes though the tableware and the way they handle the food is not sanitary, from when one employee was texting on her phone while preparing my food to seeing more than just water in my cup because it wasn't fully cleaned. At least the staff has always been hospitable to me.

>They never close, and, in the event of a major natural disaster, they are the first place open so that first responders have a place at which to eat.
True. After Hurricane Lilly, my parents and I went looking around town for a place to eat as we had no power, and sure enough waffle house was open. They ran out of batter by the time we got there, but they were still cooking burgers

Sorry you don't have any real diners near you and you have to settle for """Waffle""" Housedinerhotline.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/central3a.gif

FEMA actually uses a waffle house index as a measure of how bad an area is affected.

Best place to get stabbed / a greasy plate of scrambled eggs at 3 am. Once drove from Indy to Miami straight through the night and stopped only at waffle houses for sustenance. Wanted to die when I arrived, but was pleasantly surprised it hadn't happened at one of the restaurants

>Where the hell were you?

It's been several years so I don't remember the precise address of each one, but two were in Houston and the the other was in Baton Rouge.