How does Veeky Forums feel about escargots?

How does Veeky Forums feel about escargots?

I've never had it, but always wanted to try. If I find someone I can actually buy them I might take a crack at making it but I have no fucking idea where to come across snail

Nice entree or a snack. The whole extraction is what makes the dish. Snails themselves are okay.

The consistency is disgusting as shit and I would not advise eating it. It's a meme food that tastes like whatever you season em with.

They're a vehicle for garlic and butter.

git rekt snail racist

I had some before and it was pretty good. That was on a cruise though. And it was swimming in what I vaguely remember as garlic butter, so it was pretty tasty.

I'd like to taste them but I can only find frozen ones where I live. I doubt they'd be very good.

it's been awhile, but it's pretty gud.

at least where i am the live ones are illegal (they're invasive) so they're hard to get fresh

Beef is a better vehicle for garlic and butter desu

Delicious.
You can get them canned here in the States, along with shells at virtually any chain super market; they're usually in the isle with canned fish etc. I've never tried them so caveat emptor, they may suck. I imagine they'd need some tlc in the warming up, basting in butter and such
Are you in the UK? Last time I was there (Guildford) there were fucking massive snails everywhere, I thought to myself, why aren't y'all eating these things? Later on I obliquely learned somewhere that some are poisonous and there's a specific process to purge them or something. Anyone have Eurodata on this?

garlic butter is god tier but I like it better with mussels

I didn't know some of them were poisonous but in any case you're supposed to make them fast before killing them, otherwise they're really bitter

To make snails edible (tasty), they need purging and that takes a few days and a little effort. Us Brits are generally very lazy and reserved so we'll fuck off to the pizza place instead. Heaven forbid we know what we're actually eating.

Can you get this in the UK?

One of the few things I would call a delicacy. Local restaurant makes an escargot dish served on a pastry that's like a layered biscuit with some kind of herb butter sauce. Fuck that shit is hella good...

pic related

I've only ever had them in a highly recommended restaurant in France, so I think they're amazing, but I'm sure if I had them somewhere less acclaimed, they might not be as good.

I'm not trying to be hoity toity, I just haven't had them anywhere else.

Fancy name for eating snails, you degenerate frog fucker

You can get them at almost any proper town in Europe.

I almost always order them as most of the time they are the best thing on the menu.

Go look in your backyard.

No. They'll taste like grass.
There's a reason they put them in sawdust to "clean" themselves.

You feed them flour for a week until their poop turns completely white. That is how you purify them, so you don't get botulism or some other shit.