Walk into friend's room

>walk into friend's room
>empty vitamin drinks and tablet packs all over the floor
>"gotta stay healthy duh"

why the fuck do people do this when you can literally just go buy a fruit and eat it? It's like prepackaged by the earth and delicious as fuck. I don't understand...

Fruit thread. What fruit is cheap in your area, which ones taste the best?

NYfag here.

Apples, pears and cherries fucking everywhere in the autumn. Spring and summer, berries for days. Blueberry picking with my kids is always fun.

Depending on the season:
>Banana
>Watermelon
>Apples
>Oranges
>Mango
>Star Apple
>Custard Apple
>Random bush berries

>inb4 asian user

fellow NYfag here

Picking blueberries up on the mountains is one of the comfiest things I've ever done. I've never had berries as good as the wild ones.

>custard apple
god fucking damn that sounds delicious

wild fruit always tastes better and completely different to the fruit I buy in stores for some reason.

Maybe it's a different strain or something? Idk how that shit works but I ate wild strawberries once and they tasted heavenly and nothing like strawberries

GMO produce is engineered for higher yield, not superior taste. Strawberries, among many others have been essentially "hacked" to produce larger berries than occur in nature, as illustrated in my image.

Wild fruits and commercially grown chemical garbage are universes apart in not only flavor and size, but nutrients as well.

A, C is pointless, eat a damn orange, peppers or use seasonings/spices.
D, just go outside for 20 mins, 40 if you're black. Just fucking stand there in the sun like a lizard if you don't feel like doing anything.
E eat a handful of nuts.
K, fish oil, turmeric, some of those things you only get from seafood are ok to supplement since most people can't afford healthy seafood 3x a week and won't eat seaweed salad.

The strawberries in my area are godawful. Just bitter, sour, picked too soon, come in all sorts of bizarre shapes. They go moldy without ever getting ripe. Fuckin gross.

>$30 of vitamins lasts for half a year
>Doesn't dissolve enamel and force you to brush right afterwards
>doesn't spoil

Sue me, my man.

She looks like fun

>no fiber
enjoy your hemmorhoids faggot

Because it min-maxes the nutrients you actually want in your body. It's 2017 afterall.

Also dirt cheap and doesn't spoil.

>why the fuck do people do this when you can literally just go buy a fruit and eat it?
got acid reflux and fruit triggers me.

Fruit is expensive as fuck. Cheapest you can get are like banana and those get boring after awhile. A mango is like 68 cent each right now but I like to eat a bowl of fruit. I'd need like 5 mango for one day.

Most of my disposable income goes towards fruits and it is fucking crazy how expensive fruit is as a snack compared to buying a bag of potato chips.

Holy mother fucking ass crackers. They need to tax junk food and give the money to farmers to lower these prices holy fuck

Pretty much any fruit you can think of grows or will grow where I live, so the farmer's markets, grocery stores, and farm stands year round have all kinds of things in season. Right now, cherries, strawberries, and apricots are the big crops coming in. I went to the farmer's market yesterday and bought a shit ton of those, and ate a big fruit bowl for breakfast this morning. Pineapples are also cheap here right now, they're coming in from Hawaii. Super sweet, too. I can't wait for the Empress plums and prune plums to get here, those are my favorites. Shouldn't be too long now.

>supporting subsidies
Depending on season: grapes, oranges/clementines, kiwis, and cherries are all pretty cheap
Fucking wish berries werent so expensive, love me some blackberries

fruit 4 lyfe

Tomatoes, with salt and pepper.
This is my breakfast every day, it is also the secret to my super powers.

try living in a first world country where your mango costs 3 dollars a pop.

west coast worst coast

America isn't 1st world?

No. Conventional breeding is what created larger strawberries in the past, not GMO. GMO is primarily used for changing resistance, drought tolerance or nutrition. If people were to actually directly change the genotype of fruit to modify the phenotypic traits, you'd see a lot better product than how people managed to fuck up a lot of breeds in the 1900's.

Also, have you ever eaten wild strawberries? I ate some on a hike last weekend and they're not really great, dude.

>chemical garbage
no m8 you're chemical garbage.

*GMO is primarily used to infect and destroy similar species so that the world loses it's ability to grow vegetables unless they buy Monsanto seed.

Fix'd.

There are more agricultural bioengineering companies than Monsanto.

And they haven't programmed genocidal sperm into their vegetables that is currently threatening all produce on earth, so no one bothers them.

>and there are very few congressmen that haven't been bought off by them so no one bothers them.

ftfy

>unnecessarily increasing your calorie intake

Bro

>brushing right after eating sour shit

Fruit always makes me feel kinda sick from how sweet and sugary it is, and it always ends up super sticky.