Smoking for mom

Anyone else got the smoker cranked up for mom? I've got half a slab of ribs I dry rubbed last night and a chicken I brined smoking. They've been going a couple hours.

Also smoking general, I guess.

Wish that I did, user. Post pucs when they're done. I know nothing about smoking but would like2lrn.

Pretty simple really, you just have to have a container that can hold coals and maintain a temp of 200F - 250F. Then you put wood chunks on the coals to produce smoke. Meat preparation can range anywhere from salt and 0 or a few spices to fanatically 15 ingredient rubs. My ribs I just did salt, brown sugar, paprika and ancho chilli powder. The chicken I brined, with salt, brown sugar and garlic. Takes 5-6 hours. Just makes for a nice Sunday afternoon.

No smoker but fuck it I'm smoking anyway. Already saw mom. This shits all me

Beef ribs

Smoke on Bros, getting hungry just thinking about the finished product

>electric smoker
That sucks.

Nice. There was a trout thread earlier today. Fresh caught trout thrown on the smoker while something else is going is one of life's most simple pleasures. Be innacamp. Brisket for dinner, smoked trout & eggs for brekie. Add some morels and wild leeks... Doesn't get any better than that.

Not op, but they aren't that bad. Granted you don't get the sit around all day getting smashed (requisite) vibe, but they are convenient.

Op here. Eventhough it's electric I get the sit around smashed all day vibe anyway. I still have to add fucking wood chunks.

I have a pit barrel cooker and a Lang, the pit barrel sits at my apartment for when I want to smoke like a lazy pig like you guys and the Lang sits at my house for actual cooking.

>like you guys
>implying

I tried out the snake method for the first time. Worked well, I got about 6 hours out of this at 120°C with the vents mostly open full.
I'll definitely keep playing around with snake method.

Here's the beef ribs after about 4 hours.
First time opening the lid after starting it.

smoked a pork shoulder the other day while i was at work. wish i was home to throw in more applewood chips but oh well. rub i made a while ago still tasted great, was pretty moist, etc.

i hate trying to smoke shit in the winter outside, wish i had a garage or something

actually just pulled my brisket off the smoker what a coincidence, got it wrapped and in a cooler right now.

And here's the money shot. Turned out really nice, but next time I'd use less glaze. It overpowered the meat a little.

Those look killer. I'm grilling some beef ribs right now. I haven't smoked any beef at all on my smoker yet. Did you wrap your ribs at any point during the smoke?

Why are you trying to give mama cancer?

>dat smoke ring

Nice work. What did you use to marinate/glaze?

Looks the badgers nadgers. Nice!

Nah, not during. When they were done I wrapped them in foil and let them sit in an Esky for about 40 minutes.
From what I remember it had maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, apple juice, chilli powder and I think a little dijon mustard.

I really want a new bbq, but I can't decide between a big Green egg and an offset smoker. What do you guys think?

Do you glaze it with the sauce right from the start or later when it's more cooked? Never tried maple syrup but sounds delicious, just curious if it burns easy with the sugar content.

I glazed it about 10 minutes before I took it off.
The rub I used had brown sugar too, which didn't burn at all.
I don't know a heap about smoking, but I'd say that the temp is low enough that the sugar wouldn't burn to easily.