Why do they give you so much fries. How can they afford to do this?

Why do they give you so much fries. How can they afford to do this?

by overpricing all of their food?

5 guys fucking SUCKS

$15 for a cheeseburger and burnt fries? fuck that
>but you get free peanuts
who the fuck CARES. peanuts do not go with a burger and fries

You eat them before your food you dip

You do know how cheap potatoes actually are, right? Fast food places probably make 5 figure markups on fries.

I like how the price gets higher every time somebody posts about 5 guys.
$9 for a good bacon cheeseburger, a goddamn sack full of fries, and a soda is a perfectly reasonable price.

its FAST FOOD. you should not have to wait so long that you would want peanuts before you get your food
and which flyover state are you from? here where people live its $15. meanwhile you can get as much (and better quality) food from in n out for $7.35

If they live in a flyover state why would they go to either when they can just go to whataburger?

Don't lash out at me because you decided to live in some shithole where a gallon of milk is $4

how the fuck should i know? just a bacon cheeseburger is $8.86 in fucking Iowa according to fastfoodmenuprices

im not sure where the hell this guy lives where a bacon cheeseburger and fries are $9 but it cant be anywhere with a significant population

>drinking milk
i bet you suck it straight from the cows teat dont you? you fucking filthy flyover YOKEL

You're a retard, a bacon cheeseburger fries and drink is way more than $9 and I live in fucking Nebraska, flyover central

>how can they afford to give you literally worthless mounds of potato

It's like you fucks have never even been to a store and just butch about prices you read online. Average price for a decent burger here is $6-17, depending on where you go and how big you want it. Depending on the time of day, the GC's near me will give you more food for cheaper prices.

A big ass burger for less than $10 with enough fries to kill a man for less than $5? Yes please.

ask BK about that shit

they have some small ass bullshit "large"

more over, how the fuck do they get the salt to stick to the fries?
someone pls answer

Because yoi're paying six dollars for something that's worth about 10 cents.

I live in flyover land its still a rip-off

The burger alone is $8.69
Medium fry is $4.19
Small drink $2.39

Their fires are just greasy, soggy pieces of potato, giving them away is probably all they can do to get rid of them.

>$15

Do you live in San Francisco or Manhattan or something? A Five Guys burger, fries and drink is under $10 where I live.

I paid 18 for a double cheese with bacon small fry and large drink in Toronto lmao. Never going there again

In n out is trash food.

kek...OK there goy! ;) Whatever you say critic

It's ~$15 here in New Jersey.

yeah and you can make the exact same thing at home for 3$ you fat fuck.

Where do u live? I'll check their website to see if youre bullshitting about being under 10 bucks

My local 5guys menu.

Thats their old menu from 2006

>mfw i pay $3.45 for a double double and $1.60 for fries at in-n-out

five guys fucking sucks lmao it has nothing going for it

that's the olo menu for Purdue University that they have been honoring. Like this one

The bacon cheeseburger is $10 in Minnesota. With fries and drink it's over $15. I can get a Culvers bacon deluxe TRIPLE with all the toppings fries and drink for $10 and it tastes better and all ingredients are fresh. And that is more food than I can eat.

>literally twice as expensive as in n out
No thanks

Plus peanut oil plus labor plus overhead is ????

>big-ass burger
You've never been to Five Guys in your life, have you?

How fucking long are you people waiting for your food? I've been to Five Guys once and my meal was ready in under 5 minutes. That's hardly enough time to sit down and start eating peanuts right before a burger and fries.

so you think eating fries is some sort of reward? You should not eat fries, or burgers for that matter. Both are terrible for you.

>Regular Drink $2.29
>Large Drink $2.39
Really activates those almonds.

A large fry alone is enough fries for like 4 people and I never get the double patty if I'm getting fries

Five Guys tastes like shit my neighbor made on the grill - which is fine, but the bun is mashed up, the toppings aren't all that spectacular, it takes longer than everywhere else, and they give you a shitton of fries, but let's be honest, you can buy a sack of potatoes for less than you pay for their fries.

Everywhere else is cheaper for a faster burger.

Five Goys is a gucking rip off. Wendy's is unironically cheaper and better

>Why do they give you so much fries

So you hopefully don't realize how much they overcharge you on everything else

This guy gets it. I'll take a Wendy's burger over some SJW numale guys burger

$15 for a basic bitch meal. Pass.

>double patty is basic bitch

Fat shit detected.

In and out is not better than five guys, I have to tell you

Bro I cant talk you down from the edge but hear me out. Im a 230 fat fuck and I can BARELY finish a regular cheese burger and small fries with no drink. Either you're a small planet or a weightlifter. Nobody 'needs' the doubles.

>shopping at Kroger
>see 24 bottles of water
>costs $3
>get idea
>bring it to my hipster shack
>bottled water
>$2.09
>each
>make $47 from water

>$15 for a single meal at a fast food joint
>people memed so hard they raised their prices this much

hahaha

probably because potatoes are literally the cheapest food in existence

add the salt immediately after removing it from the oil to make it stick

I can get onion weight cheaper than tater weight though.

Because fries are cheap to make, you retarded shill.

And peanuts. How can they get away with this?

They could literally keep ordering potatoes and throw them all away and never serve them and still make dank profit. Potatoes cost nothing.

I CANT JUSTIFY PAYING $20 FOR A GODDAM CHEESEBURGER WITH FRIES

It's at least $10-11 for a double burger and little fries here in florida, not including drink.

>t. Five Guys marketing department

>230 lbs
>can't finish a burger
Pussy.

As if that somehow justifies them charging $22 for a burger, fries and drink?
Fuck off

>paying $18 for a hamburger, fries and drink

How the fuck are you 230 if you can't finish a little burger from there? Are you drinking booze mixed with lard when not eating?

I weigh 170 and can take down their regular burger without a second thought.

Don't blame me because you live in corntown.

They've got a few of these in Glasgow now, but fuck me it's expensive. £14 for a large bacon cheeseburger, regular cajun fries, and a drink. Holy shit. It's good, but it's not THAT good.

The fries are worth it though.

>being poor
>hating quality ingredients
Enjoy your pig asshole friend

>$15

Coastalcucks make me laugh.

quality ingredients? They're a step up from McD's, I'll grant you that.

But for fucking $18 I can buy a prime-grade fillet steak and some badass veggies from the farmer's market.

>t. sushicuck

Yeah but then you have a boring steak and some bland veggies. Not a glorious juicy burger and hot salty fries

Their whole business model is essentially forcing you to buy a super sized meal. You can't say it's overpriced because you get a fuck ton of food, but you didn't event want that much food in the first place.

Kind of disgusted at the amount of people that actually get drinks when they order fast food.

Save yourself the $2+ and the shit ton of calories and bring a bottle of water with you wherever you go

Americans are addicted to sugar. They can't help it:

>potatoes
>expensive

Do you really think it costs that much to slice them and throw them in the deep fryer?

>'fast' food
>takes so long you need to have an appetizer whilst waiting

Yep cutting out the soda really makes a difference in cost and healthiness. And You can literally buy a 12 pack for $3-$4 if you have to have it

I'm kind of inclined to agree with you but I don't know if it's so much sugar as much as it is processed products.

I cut soda out of my diet altogether and lost 20 pounds in two months following that. It's fuckin poison.

>$22

Stop with this meme please. The burger itself is less than $7. If you skip the fries and bring your own $1 soda bought elsewhere, it's a pretty damn good deal

Tfw i pay 30$ for a small burger and drink from five guys. 50$ if i get the fries. What a ripoff

because the burger costs like 15 dollars

>wanting to live in big cities

Why?

Only thing I can think of is if you are super rich and can afford to take advantage of it otherwise you are just some pace of shit paying out the ass for everything and having somekind of weird Stockholm syndrome bragging about city life.

>lost a bet at work
>had to buy everyone's lunch
>went to eat at 5 guys
>bill was literally $40,000
>had to sell my car, take out a second mortgage on my house
>wife left me
Fries were good tho

>Fries were good tho
I believed you until this part

I worked there. Manager once told me they don't make money on the burgers for how much effort and employee pay it takes to make them. something like 60-70% of their revenue is from fries and drinks (and maybe shakes now)

>never actually been to five guys but curious since one is close to home
>thought this post was exaggerating for effect
>check local menu
>a bacon cheeseburger, regular fry and drink is 15.27
>mfw

Their prices in the UK are beyond a joke. Overrated food too desu

I feel sad for you fucks that have to spend $15 to get a decent burger. So fucking brainwashed and conditioned to thinking this is good living

> $12 for small plain everything

Meanwhile at Culvers I'll have a bacon deluxe triple fries and a drink for $10. Get fucked coasties

wow that's incredible. I would consider all of those prices reasonable/pushing it for fast food prices if those numbers were in USD.

>preaching about the health benefits of water instead of soda
>with fast food

potatos are 1 cent per pound

>spending extra time prepping for your fast food meals by being prepared with cold drinks

You go into a fast food place for a quick and convenient meal unless you're a total fatass.

$17 for a burger, drink, and fries, fucking ridiculous just go to Whataburger.

>tfw i can eat a large triple meal from wendy's and I still hover around 160

5 goys, smash burger, and in-n-out doesn't include a fries and drink in its price of 'meals'. It's how they jew more cash out of you. 15 dollars for a burger, fries and drink is ridiculous and why What-a-burger remains supreme.

my sides

>liking soggy, limp, mushy fries

I would prefer they give half the serving of fries but actually cook them thoroughly. Their fries are always soggy as shit. Good burgers though.

>I would prefer they give half the serving of fries but actually cook them thoroughly. Their fries are always soggy as shit.
Just ask for "well done fries"...something I often order.

Dunno if you're talking Five Guys, but if you are, then you should get your order, and right away tear open that bag on your table, and let the cool and give up their fat to the big tarp of brown paper bag, without trapping the steam into the bag to enjoy later. Enjoy immediately!

fellow minnesotafag here, can confirm. granted our food prices are higher than some states, but even minneapolis is not as high as nyc or (iirc) chicago.

You're turning it all into cum, need to shoot it out my dude and as often as possible or you'll get the prostate cancer.

this works if you're ordering to go, but if you're eating in, some places don't allow outside food/drink. also you can literally ask for a cup of water free.

Potatoes and oil are unbeliveably cheap even more so when you buy in bulk and especially on an industrial scale, how is this even a question?