In a 1915 letter to his publisher, he [Kafka] stipulated, “The insect is not to be drawn...

> In a 1915 letter to his publisher, he [Kafka] stipulated, “The insect is not to be drawn. It is not even to be seen from a distance.”

yeah he also said to burn all his shit after he died, don't fucking listen to him dude

i expected better of norton tbqh

i thought depending on your original interpretation of the german, it wasn't even necessarily an insect? like maybe it was just a generic "unclean" animal?

In the original it's Ungeziefer and although the definition might be something else (something akin to vermin), it's pretty much synonumous with insects.

>roastie-pseudo talking about metamorphosis
>"it was soo interesting how he turned into a beetle!"
and that was the end of their analysis

How does it even fit under the couch?

*pseuds not pseudo

That's normies for ya.

??? It doesn't. That's why he busting out

starved himself

It can also refer to "social leeches". It's a figurative play on his feelings of worthlessness.

>"You overstimate me. Your trust crushes me. My scrawlings don't deserve a leather cover, they should't be printed in the first place. They should be burned, annihilated, they have no significance"

>"Dearest Max, my last request: Everything I leave behind me... in the way of diaries, manuscripts, letters (my own and others'), sketches, and so on, [is] to be burned unread."

Where did the low self esteem come from Veeky Forums?

his dad never hugged him

lmao he be buggin out OH LAWD

It's "low self esteem" not real low self esteem. If he really wanted his shit burned he would have done it.

>reverse psychology meme
>"he didn't mean it!"
Kafka is not a female, user.

This pic is so fucked up.

It's almost...Kafkaesque.

I stand by my point. Most writers are egomaniacs.