Indian food is the best cuisine. They have the best powerful flavours, and the most exiting spices...

Indian food is the best cuisine. They have the best powerful flavours, and the most exiting spices. Indian cooks know that presentation is bullshit and the only thing that matters is a bold, exiting flavour. Other cuisines are boring and subpar compared to delicacies such as the goan fish curry with roti, the flavourful samosa, and the aromatic biryani. You literally cannot argue with this.

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/tarkadal_90055
cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1014366-chana-dal-new-delhi-style
nytimes.com/video/magazine/100000001927620/dal-tarka.html?t=0&smid=pl-share
youtube.com/watch?v=mhBQHceOwn4
archive.is/eELVj
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>the most exiting spices
Is that why you guys splatter shit onto your roads?

I agree OP. There are few things more delicious than a lamb dhansak ordered extra hot with a fresh hot naan from the tandoor

In with you bro. White britbong here and Indian food is miles above everything else. Sure other cuisines have great dishes but virtually all Indian food tastes fucking orgasmic.

Memes aside, Indian food is fucking delicious. I'm always going to have a sweet spot for Italian food but there's a serious case to be made for Indian cooking.

mostly vegetarian, about strictly no-beef.

Pretty good results given the severe limitations on primary ingredients.

I'm making a green lentil curry tonight. Indian food is amazing on a budget.

All great cuisines are borne out of limitations. You just have to play this the strength of the ingredients you do have. That's why indian does spices and aromatics well and German does sausage well.

As much as I would like to say my ethnic cuisine is the best, I have to say Indian food is superior to all other cuisine.

Indians are the most powerful race in the world

What is the limitation of German cuisine?

damn bro be careful, this gif is so high resolution that it nearly crashed my browser......... IN 1995 THAT IS!

I found it on Google images and just assumed that Pajeet's 56k modem couldn't handle large filesizes. A cute gif nonetheless.

Nice joke, Dad

I know I've become a proper old fag coz I literally lol'd at this.

>indian food
>indian

Retard

Always too burnt, use too much gas

Waynes World tier joke.

Not funny.

>What is the limitation of German cuisine?

Same as most of Northern Europe: fairly cold climate with a short growing season. That means a relatively limited selection of herbs and spices.

The presentation of Indian food isn't even bad, a nice spread of curries, rice, naan, dosa, samosas, etc, is very aesthetically appealing to me

I want that on my table right now. Looks amazing!

It is spice sludge with no finesse, and starts to repeat itself in a week. Boiled food everyday.

If you're white and British it's the law to love Indian food!
Give me a fucking vindaloo any day of the week any time of day!

oh wow, sauces with 50% oil content taste good

>most exiting spices

Quicker to poo in other words?

>50% oil

Ok retard

Part of the reason people think Indian cuisine doesn't have the best presentation is because restaurants tend to do large portions of curries and rice presumably meant to be shared. Traditionally food is never shared off the table in India (except of course at home) and you have multiple small portions served together in a thali. Even a humble home cooked meal will have a dal, a vegetable dish, a raita or plain yogurt with a pickle. Sometimes with both rice and rotis.

That kind of presentation works for Indian food and I wish restaurants did that rather than the almost middle eastern style of big portions which are plopped on to the plate by customers.

Pic related is a thali that would be served in a restaurant.

forgot pic

Bland and boring. Much like the krauts themselves

Leave this place and never return. Also kys

Good Indian lentil recipes?

This is the first one I ever tried. It's fairly easy and tastes great.

bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/tarkadal_90055

If you like intense flavors and the dal to not be mushy (al dente is too strong a word for it, you need it to be cooked through but not falling apart) go with If you want something smoother and with more mellow flavors go with
cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1014366-chana-dal-new-delhi-style
Although I disagree with using peanut oil for the tarka. Use ghee and if you like a little bit of heat add red chilly powder to the tarka after switching off the flame and immediately before putting it in the dal. You want the oil to take on the color and flavor of the chilli without it burning.

Thali is nice but I don't mind the giant Amerifat portion way of doing it either. That's how Chinese food is done, big family style portions on a lazy susan and it's great.

Cuisines from the Indian subcontinent are literally God tier. Personally I'm a big fan of Kashmiri curries

Whats it like having an inferior digestive system?

Haha ikr. Also turmeric is amazing for the digestive system. His guts must be fucked.

I like indian food very much, its a shame I don't know of any indian restaurants despite having a very large indian community in the next town over. They are very secretive though and keep to themselves

the only frozen dinners I buy are indian so I can have foods I otherwise am unable to try.

I'm always impressed at how some of these dishes can be so creamy despite not containing dairy

I wouldn't call it the Amerifat way. It's also the New Delhi restaurant way which spread to most of north India and consequently the world. My belief is that the tradition started post-partition when a ton of Punjabi refugees came to Delhi and didn't have kitchens so would eat at roadside restaurants. These restaurants would obviously not do 6 dishes immaculately arranged in little bowls when they had to feed 100s of people every hour. So they would serve large portions. People probably got used to these and it evolved into the current style.

When you've been out drinking with friends and want to eat some Indian the big pot is the way to go. I just don't think it does any favors in highlighting the sophistication of Indian cuisine.

NY times is keeping me from seeing that recipe

This too?
nytimes.com/video/magazine/100000001927620/dal-tarka.html?t=0&smid=pl-share

youtube.com/watch?v=mhBQHceOwn4

>all this samefagging

Here. Archived as to not give NYT ad rev.

archive.is/eELVj

>44 post 26 unique posters

Eh?

Yes exactly

>How dare people discuss a topic in a thread. You must post once then leave the thread alone.

Whatever you say, samefag

So much love for indian food.
Made me feel happy in a generally depressing day .

Nah, India's just really crowded.

You can thank the one person samefagging praise

How many times have you posted now retard? More than the average. So please just take your autism somewhere else.

If you don't like the thread just go somewhere you do enjoy ....assuming there's actually things you do enjoy in life.

autism

Ahh yes, the mildly flustered response I was waiting for

Are you really this triggered because this didn't turn into a /pol/ thread from the off? Veeky Forums's a slower board pal, give it some time.

So you just get your kicks out of trolling. Way to go big boy!

As long as I made your day even just slightly less pleasurable it was worth it

Haha like I'd let a retard like affect my mood. Just curious why you were acting so autistic. Case closed.

I know you got upset

It's probably been 6-7 years since I let anyone upset me on Veeky Forums brother. Nice try though. Good game.

nice to know i broke the streak

>You literally cannot argue with this.

samefag

Number of unique posters goes up by one from this post

>samefag

You're funny user. I like you. Please stay.

who said i was going anywhere?
>implying you didn't just post from your phone

i can do it too

We'll do it then kek still same amount of unique posters.

And I'm genuinely happy you're sticking around. It's like a realtime conversation which is rare on Veeky Forums.

I wuv Indian food! :D

samefag

Fuck off niggers

I see your doing the rounds on a few thread so I'll leave you to it.

Have fun retard.

Stop giving him replies you retards.

Can't wait to go to my favorite little Indian place in town later this month though. Their aloo gobi is out of this world.

samefag

P O O
O
O

Indian and Mexican are indeed my two favorite cuisines.

Be gentle on him, he's autistic.

Yeah! Check out my blog!

Where is the blog? I've been trying out lots of Indian cooking over the last year. Would love a great bhaji recipe.

I'm just not that big a fan of stewed meats and vegetables

>muh spices

its not everything

Spices are a game changer when used right and most curries aren't stewed. They actually cook really quick but a slow cook beef curry can be spectacular.

meh you're just arguing opinion at this point

I'd take American barbecue over Indian food 7/7 days of the week

Oh don't get me wrong. If I had the choice between those two for dinner I'd probably go for a big meaty professionally done BBQ. But that's never going to happen in my home in the UK.

Have you had indian /Persian kebabs before

> hired as cook at indian restaurant
> have had indian food once in my life

Here we go

I just made curry for the first time and it came out great.

I couldn't have done it without my friend Navi. She's teaching me to make homestyle Indian food.

i thought you were funny user :)

wtf i love indian food now

>Tuna and Mayo
>Add Curry powder, turmeric, cumin, and coriander

Indian spices sometimes make things 100x better.

That actually sounds decent.

I love lamb biryanis.

Curries are fine too.

Sounds a bit like coronation chicken user. Nice.

I want to say that looks nice but something at the back of my mind is saying that's just a microwave curry.

i heard your people came up with a method in wich your last meal gives flavour to the new one. Is that true?

>you literally cannot argue against my specific tastes and preferences
I will say that Indian food is one of the best if you're either really low on cash or want to go vegetarian for a while.

is this that post-ironic thing I keep reading about?

Yeah just mix a little poo into your next batch of curry and it seasons the dish a bit

Fuck off, summerfag.

Veggie korma is my shit. I am just getting the hang of it. It's missing something still though, I use roasted cashews, roasted almonds for the paste, pineapple, those kumato meme tomatoes for the curry (they're the same price as regular ones where I go), frozen mixed veggies, cloves, fenugreek seeds, coriander seeds, and one serrano chile. I can't find fenugreek leaves anywhere.

A korma by definition contains cream or yoghurt, user.