Find a flaw

find a flaw

usually doesn't cook evenly

the pieces of food on the skewers are not cut to equal sizes.

Thus when the skewers are cooked the outside edges will burn before the inside is fully cooked. It's a classic newbie mistake.

crunchy bell peppers suck.

it takes a very long cooking time to get them to soften up. everything else will burn by then.

Your shrimp will be cooked to death before you even get any char on your chunky vegetables.
0/10 on your execution there Bub

pepper just burns if you put it on things before cooking.

different foods take different time to cook

it's generally better to have one skewer of pineapple, one of shrimp, one of bell pepper etc. and then combine them when serving.

I've also had issues with wooden skewers burning and breaking.

I can't even imagine how chewy them prawns were or how raw them vegetables were when you ate that.

Nice bait though.

soak skewers in water before cooking

wtf, i was going to make chicken kabobs tonight, and now i'm worried as fuck. thanks Veeky Forums

What's there to be worried about?

Worried about cooking unevenly? Easy solution: cut foods to the same size/shape. Worry gone.

Worried about skewers burning? Easy solution: remember to soak them in water first. Worry gone.

It's just a bunch of shit on a stick, so nothing is cohesive or really prepared with any thought. It's kinda bland.

Everything would go better in a stir fry with flavors that complement each other.

Meat on one set of skewers
Each type of veg on its on skewers
Par-cook peppers befeore grilling

This is the only way to ensure even cooking.

Pro-tip: serve with a spicy sauce and a cool sauce and grilled pita bread

Easy solution: cut foods to the same size/shape.

>I have never attempted this.

It's raw and it's gonna stay raw because there's not even coal in that grill.

>>I have never attempted this.

So what? Surely you realize it's simple to do, right?

Question. Is it necessary to marinate your vegetables in whatever you are going to marinate the chicken in? Or is it just cool to only marinate the chicken and just grill the vegetables as they are. I'm planning on just using bell pepper and onion.

Most vegetables won't get anything from being marinated.

There's no point in marinading vegetables.

Thanks. I kind of figured the marinade wouldn't be able to soak in properly like it would with the chicken. Also.. I'm just using a cheap store bought Caribbean jerk marinade. Hopefully it turns out fine. I'll post pics later if the threads still up. I'm not going to grill all the ingredients on separate skewers because that just isn't aesthetic enough for me. Ha

What if you brush the vegetables with marinade while grilling? Could this make a difference, or would it just be a pointless addition.

Marinate everything the bufoon who said that you just have to cut everything the same size is wrong.

Each ingredient gets its own skewer.

Btw, sweet potatoes, green tomatoes, and unripe mango are awesome for kabobs.

You're wrong on two points:

1. Meats are marinated, vegetables are macerated

2. Maceration can pofoundly improve the flavor, texture and cooking time of veg

>I'm not going to grill all the ingredients on separate skewers because that just isn't aesthetic enough for me. Ha

Enjoy your attracive sticks of overcooked meat and undercooked veg. Or... check this out.... once everything is cooked to perfection separate skewers resamble the ingrets on skewers to make it look cool n shit.

If your marinade contained sugar then that could create sort of a glaze but otherwise it would be a big waste of time.

>He doesn't enjoy raw bell peppers

Chicken kabob guy here. Well, I chose to go with grilling the vegetables and meat separately. We'll see how it goes

godspeed

Here they are after a flip

PEPPERS
ONION
DONE

CHICKEN
ON

I hate peppers and onions, can I have mine without?

that chicken looks raw

Looks good. What's the marinade?

peanut butter and chives cream cheese sauce

Chickens looking pretty fucked at this point. Can't believe you faggots told me to literally grill a skewer of diced chicken. Should've just grilled the fucking breast for a more even cook. Fuck kabobs.

>poor dispersal of spices
>frozen shrimp

After a second flip, thinks might actually turn out OK. Currently praying to the Chicken God.

Finished product. Looks good enough

look like your grill was too hot to me

you should have grilled the pieces of chicken with mout the skewer
just use your oven next time and put the cool on the bottom

... that looks great

Final final picture. Gf made some maccoroni

gfs macaroni looks amazing

Macaroni looks better than the skewers, next time let her cook.

Noted. Kek. I just wanted to be a man and grill.

You put it on a cold grill. There are no coals. How are you going to cook it without heat, you silly goose?

>Your shrimp will be cooked to death before you even get any char on your chunky vegetables.
This.

Those skewers would have been better with pork chunks, chicken, sausage or beef. Pineapple and peppers are awesome with a sriracha glaze too.

that macaroni
>hnnnnnnggg