This website is dying and we shouldn't try to save it. Is there ANYWHERE else good to discuss literature?

This website is dying and we shouldn't try to save it. Is there ANYWHERE else good to discuss literature?

/r/books is the only place

What about real life?

I don't know what's worse, the shitposting here or reddit, which is full of virtue signalling pseuds and people who unironically read YA

Revive /book/ !

Shitposting is the life-blood of Veeky Forums. The signal-to-noise ratio is essential to the Veeky Forums experience, newfag.

or you could go to r/literature which is the same as Veeky Forums without the ironic social posturing.

>I saw a vaguely political thread in my catalog
>You can only imagine my sheer horror and apprehension
>People, with different views and ideas than me! ON MY SITE! How can discussion be fostered if not in homogeneity?

>knowing about subreddits
You're the type of cancer who tells people to go back to /r/the_donald and think you're BTFOing them when in actuality you're just proving that you're reddit newfag cancer

More like I saw yet another bait thread with vague relation to literature

we've got no choice though

there will be no home to return to anymore soon

> not knowing about the recent happening

this site has been dying for years but now theres no denying it

Veeky Forums is radiation now

>r/literature
subs even deader than Veeky Forums pham

I agree. in answer to your question, I honestly don't know.

My problem with /r/literature is that the post topics are frequently so narrow that I don't have anything to contribute. They should have more general discussion threads

Stop being dramatic. There are like 10 happenings a day now. This site is fine, hide threads that trigger you.

>considering moving to a subreddit because I don't like le shitposting
Fucking go then, if you want a bunch of posturing retards sucking each other off instead of real discussion.

the thing is, Veeky Forums was actually good when it started and had an intimidatingly high level of discourse

now its just cross posters with lazy memes

The first and last time I went to r/books the first thing I saw was the catalog (thread list?)

It was

Harry Potter
LotR
YA titles I am not familiar with
John Green
Dune
Ender's Game
Kurzweil type nonfiction
Hitchens type nonfiction

and repeat repeat repeat

Aside from the undeniably shitty period right after some shit posted the 2015 list on imgur and Veeky Forums split the same day, its been the same since 2012.

where have you been?
real life discussions died more than 20 years ago

That's because r/books is a board for casual discussion on bestselling page-turners, retard. I won't go to a fast-food place and expect fine cuisine either.
>a bunch of posturing retards sucking each other off instead of real discussion.
That's exactly what I used to love about Veeky Forums though.

Maybe for you, you lonely freak.

Its ours Kali Yuga
Our main goal, as anons, is to still on our feet among the ruins

IF ANYBODY HERE KNEW, DO YOU THINK THEY WOULD STILL BE HERE YOU STUPID MOTHREFUCKER

Honey, shhh. People are capable of visiting multiple websites. OP is just asking for other sites.

women are ruining this board

>board x used to be good!!!!

everyone has been saying this about every board ever.

>when your precious board is so fragile that the presence of women ruins it

Tangentially related, I don't think board /x/ is or ever was good

Then go away and the quality will improve.

Fuck off normie.

Women being here is fine, as long as they're not trying to sound clever or funny.

To be fair, the presence of women does degrade the quality of pretty much everything and anything. Primarily because men will suck up to them in hopes of pussy, but also because most women have nothing interesting or relevant to say.

no you faggot the last thing that's needed for a literature site is lightweight dilettantes like you to feel "included"

it's a good thing that the threads are narrow, it weeds out the pseuds

Women are smart, women are funny.
Get over it.

Holy shit fucking kill yourselves.

go back to /r/the_donald
:^)

>if you want a bunch of posturing retards sucking each other off
that's all that happens here though. Leddit is too anti-intellectual, Veeky Forums is too full of shit. I want a new super sikrit club

deep&edgy era Veeky Forums was actually good and filled with creative, clever memes

r/literature is great if you're looking for salon articles about jon franzen

>Women are smart, women are funny.

Prove it

They used to have some fantastic pasta.

>he watches cartoons for teens

hes apeing south park

/Pol/ massive invasion/immigration here is ruining it.

>Leddit is too anti-intellectual, Veeky Forums is too full of shit. I want a new place where people automatically think the same things I do and have the same attitudes and sense of humor
Fixed it for ya.

Yes, that sounds like a great idea let's do that.

I hate to say it, but Veeky Forums wasn't always a bunch of /v/irgins and /pol/locks angry at women, there was only a flood recently when the idiots from those boards realized we had intelligent discussion here. I've been through just about every terrible wave Veeky Forums has had, and by far the /r9k/ and /pol/ posters are the worst. r/books guys come in here wanting to discuss Orson Scott Card and calling Veeky Forums pretentious, but they will usually leave after one day. /pol/fags shill that fat sweaty dude and his "comedy" "book" that's a bunch of black face obama pictures, complaining angrily about how women won't sleep with them, etc. etc. and they stick around for fucking months.

>this site has been dying for years but now theres no denying it

the sites always been shit

you've just gotten older and the novelty of shitpostings worn off

people have been complaining about the Veeky Forums getting shit unironically since 2006

You could make Veeky Forums alternative in FreeNet.

not to mention, a bunch of /pol/ posters do lift content from r/the_donald, that's a well-known fact. Yesterday we had some dumbass australian video going on and on about anti-depressants and how French philosophy brainwashed the world. Where do you think that came from?

Go back. Veeky Forums is Catholic and Marxist. You belong with the protestant captialist virgins on /pol/ where you can suck eachother off to Ayn Rand and protocols of the elders of zion. You're not welcome here.

this might still be better than Veeky Forums being infested by /pol/retards

>being on Veeky Forums
>implying that anyone on this board seriously gives two shits about your gay internet tribalism meme

I'm not going to tell you to go back to whatever board you came from because that would defeat the point of my post but seriously neck yourself f a m

Why is it dying, OP? I've acquired hundreds of recommendations through lurking and had hearty keks through joining in the shitposting

Real life is dying which is why lit is dying. Fucking austerity.

Why's everyone talking about the /pol/ invasion like it's new? Seems to me it's been a recurring thing for years. Actually recently I was missing /pol/ because at least they were better than the /r9k/ invasion which seemed to have taken their place. I'll take race infographics over Chads and betas any day.

>tfw you try to talk to a girl about race realism but chad already redpilled her

they're the same people, it's just bipolar mood swings.

I prefer Veeky Forums's shitposting over Reddit's feel good garbage and karma system.

Only problem is lack of qts

>r9k
>pol
They are one and the same

ya'll in need of a few fractions of whole brain radiotherapy

English language literary forums in general are dying because the academias in English-speaking countries are riding high on the whole "we need diversity in literature" and "we need to de-colonialize our curriculum" thing. People are reading this stuff in college as much as they used to, so there's fewer people wanting to discuss it online.

>"we need to de-colonialize our curriculum"
How can this not sound dystopian to everyone

It just means you'd read more home grown shit

>creative, clever memes
>I'm a huge Orson Welles

You got the reference, shitbird.

>>I saw a vaguely political thread in my catalog
Then I must've hallucinated all those obvious bait threads by /pol/ and the countless threads that came after, when the first thread gets deleted and the op cries about janitors censoring right wing thought.

The e/lit/ist.

What's the topical news show for big boys? The Daily Show?

This pic is so comfy

The thing is, I don't mind Veeky Forums how it is right now.

There's so many shitposts around that when a GOOD post is made (containing insight/critique/understanding/etc), it REALLY stands out.

They can even set the tone for an entire thread.

agreed. i don't mind a bit of shitposting and humor in small doses. gives this place a more interesting (honest?) flavor than on the major blogs.

Lurkmoar faggot

I'm conservative, white/west pride, and I find /pol/ disgusting. You're not conservatives, you're just whiny beta males looking for something to hate. You embarrass me.

Wtf is reddit? (I'm so non-reddit that I don't even know what it is.)

Invading r/books and ignoring the retards already there doesn't sound that bad an idea.

Is there a way to remove the upvote system, force anonymity and easily attach pictures?

At this rate infinite chan seems like the way to go.

the cartoon was referencing a new york times article titled "Girl's Rule. Women are funny. Get over it."

downboats are the dream of safe space sjws desu

im all for a temporary coordinated flooding of /r/books with high level erudite discourse

but we gotta find a better place

bump for hope

>hates off-topic /pol/ shitposting
>I know! Let's go to infinitychan!