How can you cook a poison mushroom?

How can you cook a poison mushroom?

add semen

Muscarias aren't really poisonous. Just eat it raw. If not potent enough, chase it fown with a jug of deer piss

Depends about the mushroom.
A good example is the Gyromitra esculenta, which is very potentially lethal if eaten raw, but once you boil it twice it becomes quite damn tasty-

Never eat Amanita muscaria raw. You should always dry it to decarboxylate the ibotenic acid to muscimol. Be careful!

what if you only boil it once

You don't.

Ehh, you might have removed enough poison to eat it, but better to be safe than sorry. Then again people are getting more hysterical about those more and more every year, just 50 years ago they started to suggest to boiling them for like 1-2 minutes to remove the poison, these days 2 times for 5 minutes or to just avoid them.

Drying works too.

>How can you cook a poison mushroom?
agreed with this user, they are not really poisonous, google them and you can find articles about Siberian shamans eating them.
Tho you have to consume some other stuff (don't remember right now) to prepare your liver to receive them, they bit heavy on the liver.

There are articles explaining also how they become "known" as poisonous but it's actually name mixing with similarly named poisonous mushroom.
And also because how they look it was easy to incorporate them into scare books for children (and adults).
Few years ago I eat 2 of them, I just put them in the oven for 20-30 minutes.
Didn't get any super duper high from it.

Oh shit right.
What this guy means that ALOT of mushroom poisonings happen because the toxins work with alcohol, which is why some people have been eating this shit for years and had not side effects, but then some other dupe drinks vodka with it, killing the liver.

What about a death cap?

What is this thread

these things are deleriants

t. taken/smoked them

DO NOT EAT THESE LOL

Fuck no.
U ded brah.

Isn't muscaria a hallucinogen?

this is the one mario eats to become a big boy

It has those properties, but also loads of poison. Caution if you want to play with it.
has a point

then why isn't Veeky Forums praising this shroom

because nobody on fit has a clue what they're talking about

I hear it's not a very fun one.

Do it like that scene near the beginning of gravitys rainbow and make them into cigarettes

have your highpriest eat pieces of it and then drink his piss. that's the safest way and has been tried a few times in human history.

Veeky Forumsfag detected. Pynchon, LMAO. I suppose you think DFW is god's gift to american literature, too? God you Veeky Forumsfags know nothing about literature, just your circlejerk memes.

I haven't finished gravitys rainbow. I put it down after the scene where a guy daydreams getting raped by a black guy and then swimming through a sewer full of shit over a dozen pages

One of my chefs told us a story about an amateur mycologist who hosted a dinner party with a dish that contained mushrooms that he had eat dozens of times before. Turns out, they reacted poorly with alcohol and everyone was a few cocktails in. Bad times.

Unless you really know what the fuck you are doing or are picking with a trained mycologist don't fucking eat wild mushrooms.

That section perfectly describes what it felt like the last time I visited Veeky Forums and went through the catalog.

>don't pick wild mushrooms without a certified mycologist

Oh that's a little overdramatic. Some varieties like morels, chantrelles, hen of the woods and some varieties of Boletes really can't be mistaken for a poisonous variety unless you're a complete retard. But of course if you're not absolutely sure, don't fuck with them.