Rate my food

I love cooking and trying out new things. I'm usually just cooking for my wife and myself but we also like to throw dinner parties and themed food parties.

Here's a couple of the dishes I've made, rate how it looks and if you would eat it.

Crispy cheddar hashbrowns w/ a poached egg for Mothers Day brunch

Shrimp tacos

Chinese-fried quinoa

It looks nice, sure. But why would you put that moist egg over the top of the crispy potatoes? That's going to make the potatoes soggy and lose their crisp. Put the egg to the side so you don't ruin the nice crispy texture.

Sous vide ribeye w/ homemade herb butter
Roasted Brussels sprouts w/ balsamic reduction

Salmon tataki

Tilapia

Hasselback potatoes

Just a simple burger (I like to quickly broil them after assembling to crisp up the bread a bit)

Egyptian kushari & baharat-spiced shrimp

Wonton soup w/ chicken feet

In case you're wondering, I'm Ukrainian and while none of this food is really inspired by my upbringing, I was raised on chicken feet and have always loved them.

Salad rolls

Salmon roll

Noodle salad

Looks good lad. Would eat it all.

Beer mac n cheese

Some sort of Vietnamese-inspired soup

I think the yolk from a perfectly poached egg adds so much to pretty much any dish. The cheese was cooked to a crisp with the soft potatoes underneath, so the egg didn't soggy up any of it, just brought it all together nicely.

allbrettygud/10

Beautiful dishes OP. You should post here more.

What's the yellow stuff in your salmon roll?

I would eat all this stuff. Looks good mang

Your food all looks delicious. Just curious, did you pose that chickenfoot to look like a hand or is that just the way it was naturally?

this whole dish looks so good

Toast the tortillas

All excellent, except for the first

All this food/photography looks highly professional. Its either for a high end restaurant or some food magazine or site. I'm having a hard time believing some random 4channer made these things, but the photos are quite nice. The cooking, plating, and photography is just too immaculate to be believable, this is a professional chef cooking for a studio photographer to capture. No way in hell this was for mother's day. Where did these pictures actually come from?

>cooking for my wife
Bet you cook for her son too cuck

This is a good thread.
Go away and take your juvenile 'memes' with you.
Good job, OP.

Plating, presentation, and photography are all phenomenal. Visual balance of the foods look great as well. I'm sure it will smell and taste just as good as it looks too. Are you a chef OP?

This site was built on memes kiddo. Go back to Plebbit

Looks good but the egg can stand to be cooked for slightly longer. The whites looked like cum in the thumbnail.

apart from the fish hasn't been descaled.

>simple burger
kek.

You spent hours carefully stacking every ingredient. Just to get a photo.

OP here. Wow, I didn't expect such a good response from a lot of you! Makes me feel much better about my presentation, I've been working hard for many years to get to this point but I still feel there's still quite a difference between me and professional.
Thanks, I've posted here in the past on occasion. I tend to stay for a few months, then forget about it and disappear for a couple of years. I didn't get very good reception the last time I was posting my food pictures, about 3-4 years ago. Most of the responses were that it looked amateurish or their dog had puked up something more appetizing. Looking back at them now, I think the camera makes a big difference. This is some of my old work.

Oh, and that's tomago.

I wanted it visible so I pulled it above the surface, but not necessarily in that position.

You have great presentation.
Also the egg in the OP looks like it has the consistency of jizz mixed with water.

Moved to a new house 2 years ago and now have my dream kitchen, so a great backdrop with good lighting helps a ton. We have an average-priced camera but simply tweaking the white balance can make every photo start to look more professional, so thank you for the compliment on my photography skills!

Nope, no training or anything else. I've always loved food so when I left for college and started cooking for myself I quickly gained a lot of interest in it. I would quickly come to hate my passion for food if I was forced to cook for people as my job. In more recent years we've been able to afford better and more unique ingredients, so we've been able to expand our horizons quite a bit.

I definitely agree with this. I think that my eggs may have not come fully up to room temperature, they could have used another two minutes. A minute less and the white wouldn't have held together.

if you had an apparent weakness, it's probably texture

Of course! Wouldn't it suck if I couldn't go back to these photos years later to salivate over the food and get inspiration for new ideas or reminders of old favorites?

That pasta is freaking me the fuck out

I agree. I still have trouble with cohesiveness with the entire dish. A lot of the time I just want to cook 3 or 4 specific dishes, then I just place all them on a plate and some of them don't make sense. So often I'll be a couple of bites in and suddenly wonder why I didn't add anything that has a crunch to it. And sauce. I'm really trying to remember to make a sauce to join everything together.

mfw all of this
im getting so hungry now. ive been doing a alternate day fasting diet for about a week now and this just pushed me over the top.

I forgot to mention, these are the chocolate crepes with strawberry sauce that went with the Mothers Day brunch.

>this combination of ingredients
Do you want to eat any of it or just make pictures, what? Go full hog and don't use actual food for better looking pics, like the pros do all the time

Do you get so obsessed with cooking and photographing that you forget to eat?

Looks good op

would eat

That one is a traditional Easter Sunday breakfast when you eat all the ingredients in your basket after you fasted the past couple days.

A nicely done rib-eye and well-prepared brussels are my two favorite foods period. That looks really fantastic, what level of doneness did you bring the steaks to?

Damn I was gonna come in and meme at you being a normie with a wife who throws parties and actually enjoys things but if this shit is all really you then well done man

I only cook and photograph because I want to eat, so it's never been a problem.

My wife is the baker in the family (also does all the breakfast food)

Always medium-rare, closer to the rare side. I make myself sad inside if it ends up getting to medium.

OP, if you actually cooked all this then I have nothing but respect. It looks fucking great. I wish I had you as a friend. You clearly really enjoy cooking.

>medium-rare, closer to the rare side.

steak that isn't quite medium-rare, is rare.

Actually, I don't even know what I was talking about, I was high. I'm not sure why I wrote that, I always eat my steak rare.
Made the pasta dough a bit too thicc.

You know what I appreciate more than good cooking? People that can appreciate good cooking.

>the first good thread on Veeky Forums in years

For me, it's the McChicken.
The best Fast food Sandwich

What religion are you? Better not be one of those rich kikes

you sound like an idiot

.....mmm I love eating un melted butter as a sauce......

exactly. fuck off with the scales/head still on. you aren't in hells kitchen.

meh, they seem like too much of a...... hassle

Back to /pol/ with you.

Ukrainian Catholic, but I don't practice it other than the fun traditions that I grew up with.

The wife wanted to do a fairy-themed meal.

Do you eat your steak at room temperature? That fucker is hot off the cast iron and I rushed to take a photo before the herb butter all melted.

that was a fucking shit joke

the egg white is raw....

It was our first time trying it as we had been wanting to for quite some time. It looked unsettling to me, but the meat inside was perfectly cooked with a nice, mild flavour from all the herbs, so I would try it again. Definitely looks good when photographed. I didn't know that about the scales though... should it have been descaled if all you're doing is opening it like a book and eating the flesh inside?

Excellent. Care to share your recipe?

Do you even know what raw egg white looks like? It was only 2 minutes away from being absolutely perfect.

you asked people to rate it faggot, eat some more raw eggs if it hurts your feelings.

I honestly have no idea. I usually look for 3 or 4 recipes that look good to me, use the ingredients that I like, remove the ones I don't, base it off of the cooking time that the most recipes follow, and then wing it from there. So while there are some recipes that I make often and could put a recipe together no problem, others are like that mac n cheese and I winged it all and have no idea what I did.

I also make pickled goods.

Do you know how to rate something, faggot? That wasn't a rating.

raw/cooked

Is this more to your liking?

Looks really good, then i see the feet that looks like some kid's hand...

Rest of the photo's look delicious.

Make sure you use sashimi grade or smoked salmon. Salmon parasites can and will infect humans.

>no recipes

All this shit looks gr8, though.

fucking raw egg white

what's wrong with you, why would you serve that to your anyone, much less your mother?

Thank you for salvaging this train wreck of a thread.

Can people incapable of cooking just leave Veeky Forums or at least stay in their fast food threads?

I haven't been able to find sashimi-grade and am not even sure if it's a real thing or just a marketing ploy. I believe that all salmon is flash frozen to remove parasites, but I definitely don't go and buy it from Walmart. Pick it up at T&T Market (a large asian food store) where all of their "fresh" fish are out on display.

We always get so giddy, wanting to buy the fish heads for soup stock or the gigantic scallops. I then thickly coat the salmon in salt and leave it for awhile before rinsing it off really well. Right before slicing, I get my cast iron to as hot as it can go, then sear the exterior of the fish for about 30 seconds before serving. Barely cooks the flesh below the surface.

It was for my wife. My mother got flowers and a card.

the presence of raw eggs in a meal you're serving indicates you -don't- know how to cook.

that's even worse.

There's a lot of jealous line cooks that are assblasted because an amateur has cooked and plated dishes they could never approach, so they have to try to shit up the thread.

>tfw you will never have a father who can cook this well and a mother who loves baking
Your future children are so lucky. Make sure to raise them on a variety of food so they don't end up as manchildren.

I wasn't telling you what to do with your life. Only giving you my 2 cents.

I feel I'm moderate with a bit on the riskier side? Sunny side eggs, raw/seared tuna, rare beef, rare bison, raw oysters, etc

When I usually eat Salmon raw it's either at mid-range restaurants. On a few occasions I have bought sashimi grade salmon from a Japanese market and ate it raw. I feel tuna is a much safer option if you want raw fish since even if there are parasites in it they aren't evolved to be compatible with human bodies.

Most of OPs photos look like he wanted to photograph it rather than eat it. It all looks bland with no seasoning.

>Here you'll find a shitposter completely out of his depth

Trolling is good when you can do it from a position of authority. In this thread you lack competence and mask your insecurities by throwing uninformed insults.

OP, keep it going.

Why ask people to rate your dishes and ask if we would eat it if you're going to be so defensive about it?

Not op.

OP's dishes are objectively great. Go fuck yourself.

Looks bretty good, but also looks like you took so long to shoot those pictures that the steak isn't even hot enough to melt whipped butter.

Wow, this is all really impressive, OP. I hope that I can make something that looks half as good as all this someday. I like it when you guys share original content.

I know this makes me the faggot, but those aren't hash browns, hashbrowns are grated fried potatoes. Those are home fries or fried potatos

Two questions.

1.) Is there anywhere in particular where you get your recipes from? Cookbooks, etc. You're obviously well-versed in a variety of cuisines, so I was wondering whether these dishes are intuition, inspiration, or a mix of the two.
I mean, you mention it in , but I'm still curious.

2.) What pickled ingredients get the most use outside of the obvious carrots and cucumbers?

Great thread, thanks for sharing your delicious-looking foodstuffs.

>rate how it looks and if you would eat it.
4/10 and no I wouldn't

Heating your Kid Cuisine in a microwave doesn't make you an authority on cooking, user.

Your plates are fucking GAY.