There's an argument going for why the actual Literary Canon has mostly white male authors (i.e...

There's an argument going for why the actual Literary Canon has mostly white male authors (i.e. 'objective quality and legacy') as well as a fair selection method, but does that also hold true for the Veeky Forums top 100 books?

Does the demographic of mostly white males on this board purposefully choose to drown out the marginalized voices here by operating under the guise of "majority rules" when it comes to quantifying the value of artistic works? Is artistic value really determined by how many whites appreciate it?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mediterranean_race
hssh.journals.yorku.ca/index.php/hssh/article/viewFile/4539/3734
rjensen.people.uic.edu/no-irish.htm#FOOT46
etymonline.com/index.php?term=barbarian&allowed_in_frame=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you want my honest opinion, it's almost always because non-white and female writers have this monomania about race and gender, and either can't or won't write about anything else.

Uh, the Western Canon is white because Western countries are (and always have been) white, and it's male for the same reason every literary canon is male (i.e., the only real emotion women can feel is love for their children, everything else is vanity and grasping).

Stop trying to discuss politics on here you cunts

Here we fucking go again

thats something really misogynistic and racist to say, user

I'd post the picture of the fish but I'm to lazy. awful b8 I feel insulted etc.

I don't see how it is. I'm simply relaying my observations.

If you want my honest opinion, the jews are behind this

More like that's the only shit that gets published

Daily reminder to sage and report /pol/ bait threads

This desu, at least in modern day
The precursor to the modern novel narrative, The Tale of Genji, was written by a woman, as was the precursor to science fiction, Frankenstein, but people don't shit themselves over their value as feminist thinkpieces.

>More like that's the only shit that gets published

Yes, because even the publishers have monomanias about race and gender.

>The precursor to the modern novel narrative, The Tale of Genji

lol

because postmodernism killed literature

There's nothing wrong with primarily reading authors that are like yourself. I do not have a deficiency that needs to be remedied by "diversity."

sorry OP but i don't do genetic research to check if the author i'm reading is white, or man, or woman

in the brazilian literature there are LOTS of mestizos, whites and blacks and this never was a thing for me
and do you know what is funny? its impossible to distinguish their skin color by the text they created

its possible to distinguish their sexes tho...

I used to be an edgy tard that thought all non-western literature was shit but then I started getting into some Persian and Indian shit and that flipped my world view.

It's just a lack of information and exposure.

Could you explain this but using the terms redpill and cucked, so I can understand it?

To be quite honest, it mostly has to do with statistics and demographics. If only a very small amount of individuals in a certain population (say a .001%) have the literary capability to create works which can justifiably be apart of the Literary Canon, then among populations which are simply smaller like non-white populations, they will obviously have smaller amount of individuals that have the capability to create truly great literature.

It also does not help that the Western Canon has heavily bias toward English, German, and French, which have more whites than non-whites. There has been a resurgence in Spanish / Latin-American literature in the Western Canon due to the genius of Jorge Luis Borges, Octavio Paz, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Roberto Boñalo, and Pablo Neruda, which I am sure will inspire more great Spanish / Latin American literature in the future.

However, regarding the case of women, females tend to prefer family over ambition and this can explain some of the recent (past 50 or so years) disparity between great female writers and male writers.

t. reddit

this is pretty much it

>However, regarding the case of women, females tend to prefer family over ambition and this can explain some of the recent (past 50 or so years) disparity between great female writers and male writers.
The only good female writers are lesbians.

You literally cannot refute this.

Yes, "reddit" too. How could I forget this one!
Also if you could add something about how it was the jews preventing you from enjoting literature all along it would be grand

I know you're buttmad at the all-powerful /pol/ boogeyman but please refrain from posting next time, it's beyond embarrassing.

I guess the same reason that most of engineering is done by white male engineers?

Where do you get this idea that we can somehow know, a priori, that members of every group *must* be able to create important works in the same frequency as members of other groups?

I just don't get where people get this information. It's clearly ideology wish-fulfillment.

Fucking hell that picture was uncanny valley.

Is this really your first time seeing that image newfag? I think you need to stop posting.

You are wrong on both counts, and I don't mean that to in any way denigrate either works.

Tale of Genji is a geographically isolated creation, so western literature does not find a basis in it and it can't be said to be a precursor. It's the first modern novel with chapters. That is what is unique about it. Don Quixote is the precursor of the modern novel narrative because it is directly part of the lineage of western canon. It came later than the Genji, but it is the actual precursor.

Frankenstein is not a precursor of science fiction--it's a part of the progress of science fiction novels. There are many science fiction stories that came before it.

if anything, that's a good sign. And christ, keep those comments on /b/.

Not being exposed to Veeky Forums culture is a "good sign"? Why don't you just start recruiting posters on reddit. Oh wait, retards are and have been linking to Veeky Forums on r/books for ages. Is that where you came from? Reddit?

This.

But Genji is really amazing though. The poetics and sheer psychological description should make it the definitive example for what a female writer can achieve. Sadly, I think many feminist critics don't view it that way because of all the rapey stuff that Genji does.

Fucking idiots ITT thinking good literature is something preordained.

Literary canon has mostly white male authors because literary salons were set up by women to have men come worship at their bedsides at the birth of the novel. The same thing happens with poetry at the Court of Love of Elinor of Aquitaine about seven centuries before. Before that, the Greeks had a special class of literary hooker which is how we got theatre, democracy (thanks Asspia), and philosophy. Before that all we had was dykes writing poetry on a highly fortified island. Don't complain only white people fall for that shit, because you will lose half your family to the dyke island every time you try to dry up canon, and we'll all have to listen to a blind dude sing about buttsex like during the illiteracy period of western civilisation again.
>daily reminder Shakespeare's writing for the dark lady

t. psued who read a translation

t. 文系失格童貞外人野郎

>if anything, that's a good sign. And christ, keep those comments on /b/.
there is so much wrong with this comment
>wow what a spooky image!
>keep it in le scary sekrit club /b/ k
>of course I didn't see that image posted yesterday, or the day before, or the day before that, what do you think I am, some kind of redditor?
You wouldn't last a minute in old Veeky Forums with all the gore and CP threads

Do not reply !

>string of meme words

本当は日本語できないな

胡说八道。真是的,外国人真没有礼貌。只能说来说去什么屁话。听好啊你这个家伙,日本的源氏物語其实是′文語’写出来的。テメら知ってるのか?これはねえ、大半日本人自身はこの本を現代の国語の訳だけで読んでいるが、ですから、全ては翻訳です。おめえ、古文学者ですか?実は、くだらない外人だけ、ホンホンホンという白犬野郎どもです。死ねばならないのファッキング シットヘッド!

No it isn't mate. Men of other races are pretty similar in their biology - with Asians being smarter - so the idea is one raised in western cultural tradition would be as qualified to write a great canonical text as a white man. Also Women can write great /Lit as evidenced by those that have - though admittedly most probs would just rather do something else.

Fuck off SJW trash

I wanna see this trannys feet.

I don't care about the race, sexuality or gender of whoever I read my books from, I get a book mentioned and then I read it.

If that means I mostly read white men, then so be it, I don't see the problem here.
I'm not going to read books because the writers have a black vagina, that's the most racist and sexist thing I can possibly think of.

the real answer is that romans and greeks weren't fucking white

So that explains why their direct descendants in Italy and Greece are within the Indo-European family tree, I already had my doubts.

what are you even trying to say

i don't know /pol/ memes

Not /pol/, it's a fact that the Romans and Greeks are and have always been white.

Mediterrean Europeans are darker because of invasions by people from different ancestries, something even the most Nordic people have been through.

>it's a fact that the Romans and Greeks are and have always been white.
no it fucking well isn't

proof?

i don't need to disprove a lie

mediterranean europeans weren't considered white until the mid-20th century, this is an objective fact

1. We have ancient DNA that shows that Greece and Italian DNA from the classial area differed little from modern Europeans.
2. Ancient Greece and Rome were cultural descendants from an Indo-European culture that existed just before the bronze age
he classical Greek and Latin languages were members of the Indo-European family. Both languages were, moreover, members of the "centum" sub-group of the family, which links them not only to their modern descendant languages (such as the Romance languages), but also to the Celtic and Germanic languages of north west Europe. While some Indo-European languages were spoken in ancient times by "non-white" people in Central and South Asia, the centum sub-group was virtually restricted to southern and western Europe.

3. The Greeks and Romans left art and literature depicting people with a stereotypical Europeoid appearance with several references to light skin tone, blonde, brown or red hair and blue or green eyes.

Aelian:

"They affirm likewise that Alexander Son of Philip was of a neglectful beauty: For his hair curled naturally, and was yellow; yet they say there was something stern in his countenance."

Suetonius on Nero:
"He was about the average height, his body marked with spots and malodorous, his hair light blond, his features regular rather than attractive, his eyes blue and somewhat weak, his neck over thick, his belly prominent, and his legs very slender."

Suetonius on Augustus:
"He had clear, bright eyes, in which he liked to have it thought that there was a kind of divine power, and it greatly pleased him, whenever he looked keenly at anyone, if he let his face fall as if before the radiance of the sun; but in his old age he could not see very well with his left eye. His teeth were wide apart, small, and ill-kept; his hair was slightly curly and inclining to golden; his eyebrows met. His ears were of moderate size, and his nose projected a little at the top and then bent slightly inward. His complexion was between dark and fair."

>Pic related is from 4th AD from a Roman villa

>Indo-European
what so indians are white now /pol/?
>people had light hair so they were northern european snowniggers
the delusion

Whiteness as we think of it has always been a social construct in that it tended to emerge in an American context where there were people from so many different countries that 'white' needed to be created as a category to make a new word for the ethnic majority of European admixture.

However, Greeks and Romans always been considered 'Europeans' (they created the term) and when people say 'Dead White Men' they aren't paying attention to the technical development of the modern term 'white', they mean 'Dead European Men' or 'Dead Men that I would consider White'. Someone like OP's pic would call Plato a 'Dead White Man' just as much as Milton.

>Discussion on the "whiteness" of the Greeks
Really guys
Like is this really what this board has come to

here's aristotle
>However, Greeks and Romans always been considered 'Europeans'
greeks and romans have always made a distinction between meds and northern europeans
> The natural endowment proper to the citizens of our city is suggested by a comparison of three peoples—the people of the colder regions of Europe; the people of Asia; and the Greek people. The first has high spirit, but less skill and intelligence: the second has skill and intelligence, but little spirit: the Greeks combine both sets of qualities
that's aristotle right there
don't get mad at me because i'm pointing out your cultural appropriation

Wow it's like I'm really on /int/

Yes, Caucasian Indo-Europeans are very present in modern India, invading armies have caused the infusion of non-European and groups like Dravidians which were mostly intermixed with the conquerors of India.

>the delusion
You're telling me Indians aren't white because of their skin tone and then you call me delusional and "/pol/"?

Skin color has very little to do with European ancestry, Nordic Europeans generally have blue eyes and blonde hair because of the environment while mediterrean Europeans are darker because of theirs.

I'm half French half Dutch and my appearance to many Dutch people is non-white but when I go to France they ask me if I'm an immigrant who came back.

it is a fact that greeks and romans didn't consider themselves like northern europeans
>You're telling me Indians aren't white because of their skin tone and then you call me delusional and "/pol/"?
your definition of white is obviously nowhere near the standard use of the term

Also there has defenitely been some intermixing in certain areas of Europe, but that doesn't make the people there non-European, they might not be white to your personal notion of white skin color but as I told you, different cultures and different peoples have different ideas of what it means to be white.

Your idea of white = European is outdated and would fit well on /pol/.

This basically

it is not outdated

normal people do not think indians are white you postmodern lunatic

>it is a fact that greeks and romans didn't consider themselves like northern europeans
I don't care
This is not literature related in the slightest. I'm sure you can have this same conversation on another board

Its not postmodern, there's simply no evidence to proof your outdated theory to be true.

What if someone is the result of African and European intermixture?
Would you call him black or white?

Indians are considered white by many Arabic people, the list could go on.

We base our idea of race on genetics and pragmatic and imperialistic data, your idea of race is covered in mysticism.

you're saying that "the greeks", who Veeky Forums always tells us to start with, aren't literature related in the slightest?

this thread is about the canon being mostly white male orders and i'm pointing out that the greeks and romans weren't white
indians aren't white, this is ridiculous

Greeks and Romans were both Europeans.

doesn't make them white

they themselves made a distinction between themselves and northern barbarians

>imperialistic data

You lost me there.

>muh eastern philosophy
This meme has to stop. If you're genuinely reading that load of crap without realizing how shallow it is compared to the works of the West I can feel nothing but a mixture of hatred, pitty and disgust towards you.

Guys, you do realize you're getting baited, right?

This. I don't care about the woes of having ovaries and a vagina. It just isn't something I'm interested in.

What the fuck are you talking about? Of course they were white. That's like saying the Japanese aren't asian because they make a distinction between themselves and other asians.

King Menelaus of Sparta, the husband of Helen, has “red hair

Helen, likewise, has “fair hair,” and even slave girls are light-skinned: “fair-tressed Hecamede,” “fair-cheeked Chryseis,” and “blonde Briseis.”

''R. Peterson’s fine study, The Classical World (1985), which includes an analysis of 43 Greek, and 32 Roman figures, is persuasive. Dr. Peterson explains that the Romans painted their death masks to preserve the color, as well as the shape, of their ancestors’ faces. Blue eyes, fair hair, and light complexions are common. A good example of racial type is the famous portrait bust of Lucius Junius Brutus, the founder of the Roman Republic, which dates from the fourth century BC. Brutus’ face is identifiably Germanic, and so is the color of his eyes. The sculptor used ivory for the whites and blue glass for the pupils. Or take the famous marble head of a patrician woman from the late first century AD, which is often included in illustrated surveys of imperial Rome to demonstrate the fashion for curled hair. Her features are typically northern European: a delicate, aquiline nose, high cheekbones, and a face angular and long rather than round. Another classic example is the famous fresco from the Villa of the Mysteries in Pompeii, which shows four women undergoing ritual flagellation. They are tall, light-skinned, and brown-haired.''

The Greeks and Romans were both white, and they also made a distinction between themselves and the northern barbarians, however that does not mean they are not white.

The thread is a bait thread.
With you people it always goes like this, someone posts something about the bright scary world outside of your basement and after 2-3 on topic replies the conversation magically turns into a shit flinging contest about
>Jews
>Race
>The decline of western society

So fuck off. Veeky Forums is not the place to post about your fascinating theories about the racial purity of mediterraneans, even though they include people who have written books.

According to Plutarch, Marcus Porcius Cato had “red hair and grey eyes,” Lucius Cornelius Sulla, the general and dictator, had “blue-grey eyes and blond hair,” and Gaius Octavius (Augustus), the first Roman emperor, had “bright eyes and yellow hair.” Recent analysis of an ancient marble bust of the emperor Caligula found particles of the original pigment trapped in the stone. Experts have restored the colors to show that the demented ruler had ruddy skin and red hair.

Ovid, (43 BC to AD 17) offers much evidence of the color of upper-class Roman women during the early years of the empire. Ovid ascribes blond hair to many goddesses — Aurora, Minerva, Ceres, Diana, and Venus — tells us something about the Roman ideal of beauty; that he describes many of his lovers the same way tells us that the Nordic type was still found in imperial Rome. “I’m crazy for girls who are fair-haired and pale-complexioned,” he writes in his Amores of 15 BC, but “brunettes make marvelous lovers too.” He admires the contrast of “dark-tresses against a snow-white neck,” and adores young girls who blush. One of his favorite lovers is “tall” with a “peaches-and-cream complexion,” “ivory cheeks,” and “bright eyes.” Another was a “smart Greek blonde.”

>they had light hair so they were white
thanks /pol/
> Brutus’ face is identifiably Germanic
he doesn't have a chin or a jaw, how does he look germanic
>The thread is a bait thread.
then why are you posting in it you imbecille

Because the mods won't do their jobs

or maybe it's because this isn't a bait thread and you're too dumb to realise it

Yes he does, are you blind?

There's nothing /pol/ esque about saying Greeks and Romans were white, you fucking dumbass. It's well accepted, and you're just being a contrarian doing race baiting. It's like trying to claim China was built by whites using a solutrean hypothesis esque theory.

Blue eyes are mostly found in Europe, and so is light hair (especially blond).

The Greeks themselves said anything west of Anatolia was European.

What's your evidence exactly to say that they are not white?

''mediterranean europeans weren't considered white until the mid-20th century, this is an objective fact''

Patently false.

that's a beard genius

>It's well accepted
yeah by white people

fucking greeks and romans considered northern europeans to be a separate race from them

> It's like trying to claim China was built by whites using a solutrean hypothesis esque theory.
>le ridiculous strawman face

>What's your evidence exactly to say that they are not white?
they didn't think they were white

>''mediterranean europeans weren't considered white until the mid-20th century, this is an objective fact''
>Patently false.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mediterranean_race
historical prejudice against the italians etc etc

They thought of themselves as Europeans. Did you not read what I said? I

>A fucking Wikipedia link

It's completely overblown. Also had nothing to do with them ''not being considred white'', they were discriminated for their low economic position, just like the Irish.

>inb4 the irish...

Another overblown thing.

hssh.journals.yorku.ca/index.php/hssh/article/viewFile/4539/3734

rjensen.people.uic.edu/no-irish.htm#FOOT46

''The US government did not designate Italians as non-Whites. The US government has always classified Italians as White, as with other non-Northern Europeans. However, Italians were classified as White Ethnic. Yet this was not to judge Italians as non-White, but simply to differentiate them from the Anglo-Protestant historical American majority.''

There is also evidence that the Greeks came from Central Europe.

There are objective measurements of quality, it just happens that white males fulfill most of them. Probably because of higher rates of education, more advanced societies, higher rates of intelligence, more mental illness, and greater responsibility for their own well-being.

european does not mean white
>It's completely overblown
lol tell that to the irish and the italians who lived at the time

I posted links that prove you wrong. If you can't be bothered to read, don't bother replying dumbass. Also European in the sense that they meant it clearly meant white, you're deluded.

''La langue de ces nouveaux venus est très apparentée à celles du groupe occidental des peuples indo-européens, en particulier des Italiotes, des Celtes et des Germains. ...Aucun argument sérieux ne s’oppose, jusqu’ici, à ce qu’on croie qu’il s’en est détaché vers le début du deuxième millénaire, à un moment où un groupe important de tribus indo-européennes étaient répandues dans les plaines du moyen Danube. De là deux vallées qui se font suite, séparées par un seuil assez bas, celle de la Morawa et celle du Vardar, mènent aux côtes de la mer Égée. Cette route, évidemment facile – c’est aujourd’hui celle que suit le chemin de fer de Belgrade à Salonique – peut n’avoir pas été la suite ; les premières tribus helléniques qui sont venues s’établir dans l’angle nord-ouest de l’Asie Mineure ont pu, de la Dobroudja, gagner la Thrace par les vallées de la Toundra et de la Martiza.’’ - Jean Hatzfeld, (Jean Hatzfeld (29 November 1880 – 30 May 1947, aged 66) was a French archaeologist and hellenist. He was a member of the French School at Athens, a professor at the Sorbonne (1928–1930) and at the École pratique des hautes études (1937).)

There's more but I won't copy that stuff for a guy that doesn't even to read. The Greeks and Romans were both white, that is all.

>I posted links that prove you wrong
says who
>Also European in the sense that they meant it clearly meant white, you're deluded.
says who
>Also European in the sense that they meant it clearly meant white, you're deluded.
well i guess that means that northern europeans aren't white

There's more to eastern literature than eastern philosophy, user. The person you replied to didn't even say philosophy.

''well i guess that means that northern europeans aren't white

The Greeks thought that anyone who didn't speak Greek was a barbarian. This has nothing to do with ''whiteness''. Don't confuse ethnicity with race. Across history, different ethnicities have called other ethnicities of their same race ''barbaric'' or ''being of a different race''. That means nothing.

Like the Greeks, the Romans also came down from northern / central europe during the bronze age. They are literally white.

''Greek barbaroi (n.) meant "all that are not Greek," but especially the Medes and Persians. Originally not entirely pejorative, its sense darkened after the Persian wars. The Romans (technically themselves barbaroi) took up the word and applied it to tribes or nations which had no Greek or Roman accomplishments. The noun is from late 14c., "person speaking a language different from one's own," also (c. 1400) "native of the Barbary coast;" meaning "rude, wild person" is from 1610s.''

From etymonline.com/index.php?term=barbarian&allowed_in_frame=0 (dictionnary of etymology)

''
''>I posted links that prove you wrong
says who''

The fucking links dumbass.

''* Peter Baskerville is professor in the Department of History at the University of Victoria, where he is
involved in the Canadian Families Project. A Major Collaborative Research Grant from the Social
Sciences and Humanities Research Council made this research possible. A Faculty Fellowship from
the Centre for Studies in Religion at the University of Victoria provided writing time. Comments
from Lynne Marks and Eric Sager, colleagues in the Canadian Families Project, and from two anonymous
reviewers have been much appreciated.''

''Richard Jensen
Retired Professor of History, University of Illinois, Chicago''

Authors of both links, in order.

>bluh bluh bluh bluh bluh
aristotle himself referred to NORTHERN EUROPEANS aka WHITE peeople as being stupid, so it's no wonder why you're too dumb to understand that the greeks and romans weren't white since you are white yourself
>during the bronze age.
and everyone is descended from blacks, what's your point
>the University of Victoria
lmao

You are actually fucking retarded, literally braindead. You just ignore everything I say, all the links and sources I post, and the historians as well and just keep parroting your fucking ''but meh greeks made a distinction between themselves and the nords''. Are you fucking 12 years old?

>during the bronze age.
and everyone is descended from blacks, what's your point

You are actually so dumb. The Greeks and Romans came down from central and Northern Europe (they were white) and replaced the local population in Rome / Greece. Are you so dense you cannot differentiate a 2000 years difference vs a 100,000 years difference?

Aristotle referred to them as barbarians. You have not read Aristotle, that much is obvious.
Greece was the center of civilization, anything outside of the Persians or the budding Roman empire would naturally be considered inferior.
What the fuck does this have to do with whiteness, exactly? You haven't refuted any of what I said.

Also cite your stuff, dumbass. Where are your sources?

''>the University of Victoria
lmao''

What the fuck are you trying to articulate you fucking idiot? You didn't even read the paper, just looked for an expedient to get yourself out of the trouble of having to disprove what's inside. But to entertain what you're trying to imply, Jean Hatzeld was a professor at the Sorbonne, one of France's most prestigious universities. And the quote of him from his Histoire de la Grèce ancienne confirms exactly what I've been saying, that Greeks (and Romans) are white.

>You just ignore everything I say, all the links and sources I post, and the historians as well and just keep parroting your fucking ''but meh greeks made a distinction between themselves and the nords''.
i ignore your utter lack of proof and ad hominem attacks you mean
>Are you so dense you cannot differentiate a 2000 years difference vs a 100,000 years difference?
>a 2000 year difference
oh yeah that's right buddy the dorian invasion happened during the birth of jesus christ
>Greece was the center of civilization, anything outside of the Persians or the budding Roman empire would naturally be considered inferior.
persians weren't white by the way
>What the fuck does this have to do with whiteness, exactly?
you don't seem to know what white means so idk why i'm wasting my time with you
>Jean Hatzeld
wow his name changed from peter baskerville to jean hatzeld he must be smart

Dude, the guy's obviously a troll. Everyone else agrees with you and he's not going to give up. Rather than looking up academic sources to prove him wrong, you should just move on.

''>Jean Hatzeld
wow his name changed from peter baskerville to jean hatzeld he must be smart''

Proof you don't read my posts. Literally use ctrl+f with your keyboard and type Jean Hatzfeld.

''>You just ignore everything I say, all the links and sources I post, and the historians as well and just keep parroting your fucking ''but meh greeks made a distinction between themselves and the nords''.
i ignore your utter lack of proof and ad hominem attacks you mean''

I posted many links and quoted three historians, where are yours?

''>Greece was the center of civilization, anything outside of the Persians or the budding Roman empire would naturally be considered inferior.
persians weren't white by the way''

Nobody claims that.

''>What the fuck does this have to do with whiteness, exactly?
you don't seem to know what white means so idk why i'm wasting my time with you''

You don't, since you seem to think meds aren't white.

''>Are you so dense you cannot differentiate a 2000 years difference vs a 100,000 years difference?
>a 2000 year difference
oh yeah that's right buddy the dorian invasion happened during the birth of jesus christ''

Go read up what I quoted.

''Il faut donc en conclure que c'est au cours du deuxième millénaire (av jc) que sont arrivées et se sont établies les peuplades qui ont constiuté le peuple grec''. - Jean Hatzfeld, Histoire de la Grèce ancienne

>Proof you don't read my posts. Literally use ctrl+f with your keyboard and type Jean Hatzfeld.
not the guy i was referring to
>Nobody claims that.
so persians aren't white but greeks and romans are? uh?
>You don't, since you seem to think meds aren't white.
they're not

more importantly greeks and romans didn't think they were white ie. northern european

what do you think white means?

also learn how to greentext

Is Murakami white??

I didn't mean to imply that Genji had directly inspired the growth of the western novel format

Also, can you recommend some pre-Frankenstein scifi?

>recommend some pre-Frankenstein scifi?
Somnium is often considered the first major sci fi work.

Comical History of the States and Empires of the Moon, The Blazing World, Gulliver's Travels, Micromégas.

This is absolutely true

The publishers are the number one enemy of women and non-whites, because they refuse to publish female and black writers who write important works in order to make more space for the same old safe ideological bullshit.

The sooner they realize this the sooner the canon might become less "white" and "male"

But I'm not optimistic that it'll ever happen to be altogether honest with you desu