Veeky Forums, what book has offered you the greatest introspection on life and its meaning? I feel lost

Veeky Forums, what book has offered you the greatest introspection on life and its meaning? I feel lost

Other urls found in this thread:

www2.d125.org/~rtompson/BeforetheLaw.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=AFN1I_vKBRQ&t=2s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Grendel, especially upon deeper review, via the portrayal of life as a continuous sequence of philosophical enlightenment and consequential reactionary growths.

Also for many on this board Crime and Punishment went a long way towards actualizing the internal conflict of the ego and its projection onto a society in which one finds themselves ostracized. The ending is ideological cuck bait though and undermines a great point about the inevitable psycho-social reprisal Raskolnikov must face for his transgressions.

it may sound unusual: the völsunga saga

Illuminatus!

Schopenhauer's 'On Women' and Hitler's Mein Kampf.
Take the redpill

God you are so lame.

It's Veeky Forums culture, get over it, cuck

The culture is an amalgamation of all of us, including my eye rolls at your teenage attempts at crafting an identity out of edgy.

you still cant see through that lefties transparent ass facade?

Probably Lin Yutang- The Importance of Living.

>/pol/shits ruining another thread

Veeky Forums is doomed.

It's someone impersonating /pol/, no one on /pol/ would actually like Mein Kampf or obviously misogynistic literature like On Women. Take the redpill

>Any community that gets its laughs by pretending to be idiots will eventually be flooded by actual idiots who mistakenly believe that they're in good company.

I came here to do nothing and drink whiskey. And I'm all out of doing nothing.

my diary desu

The Greeks.

>Grendel
The 1971 novel?

The Trial.

The parable of the law in particular was extremely poignant for me. Something about the way Kafka delivers his meaning is very powerful and unnerving.

It's short, for any interested parties...
>www2.d125.org/~rtompson/BeforetheLaw.pdf

The collection of ancient books known as The New Testament.

"On Women" does raise some pretty good points it's just not politically correct to voice them but it's true. Women are also never funny, at least when they try. It's just not in their evolutionary make up. It was never a necessity for women to make men laugh, it was always the opposite way around. That is why most female comedians are cringe tier and try way too hard.

for real?

In Search of Lost Time
In Search of Lost Time
In Search of Lost Time
In Search of Lost Time

I really can't overemphasise how much this book changed the way I view life, and all the things I do and people I meet in it.

Why
I'm considering picking it up. Mostly because I've always heard about mr. Marcel's wild prose ride but I've never heard about someone who was so deeply affected from it

Celine

"greastest" is bad word. But that gave me chills

White Noise

The Phenomenology of Spirit.

Also , this:

Either pic related or "The Death Of Ivan Illich"

The way that Proust looks back on these memories is so intricate, yet often with such a tender approach, that it gave me a new outlook on life in which I perceive events, as I am living them, in the same way you would look back at a memory. It's hard to describe but the sequence of moments happening around me seem more novelistic, themes seem to emerge within people and places, and everything seems a bit more worthwhile.

I should mention that Ulysses also provided me this altered sense of perception in life's more lighthearted or private scenarios, so it's another essential

I'd say Stoner as well

I take my wisdom from Brendan Behan

"Oh the words that he spoke,
Seemed the wisest of philosophies,
There was nothing ever gained by a wet thing called a tear.
When the world is too dark,
And I need the light inside of me,
I walk into the bar and drink fifteen pints of beer."

>these people browse the same board as me

>Grendel

Best portrayal of what it feels like to be an outsider desu.

No, this one

youtube.com/watch?v=AFN1I_vKBRQ&t=2s

this

This really is the one book that has had the largest impact on my life, and applying its obvious wisdom has caused my life to become very much more interesting when it comes to relationships. I've taken to telling the truth whenever honest communication is expected, and when I myself in the other person's shoes would want to know it, or when I simply hope that the other person would want to know it.

It hasn't made my life any easier, but it has made my relationships with people deeper and more meaningful.

Flannery O'Conner was funny

For real.

Interesting

Veeky Forums culture is telling /pol9k/ to eat a dick, get over it

The Myth of Sisyphus

Eliot's deep love of humanity made it impossible for me to be as cynical.

I can't think of too many books per say but The Balloon by Barthelme is a story I always come back to.

It's just great in the way it considers how everybody has their own viewpoints to which they ascribe individual meaning. For some, the balloon is a romantic mediator, for some its a philosophy conundrum, for others it's a political tool. You get the gist.

In just a few short pages Barthelme pretty much nails our constant need to find meaning behind ephemeral objects. It's a very wry and humanistic story.

I like Maria Bamford

why do you want to believe something like that so much? honestly.
why do you prefer to think of a large percentage of people as incapable?

But user, evolution proved it!

You make it sound as though he goes out of his way to find some affirmation as to why one gender is inferior to another is certain aspects.

All he said was the book raised some good points that (like most points) should be taken into consideration, and then considered them by anecdotes, some uncited science, and his own opinion.

With all your assumptions, I'd make the presumption of your having a vagina.

Nothing so consistently and profusely produces baseless bullshit and as amateur attempts at evolutionary psychology. It's stone-age fan-fiction written purely to justify beliefs you already have.

triggered

I don't know about life and its meaning but the very hungry caterpillar gave me a feeding/tf fetish, you could try that

that is a terrible painting

uuuu

i remember taking a class with a lot of Tolstoy readings but this one was the most relatable

I agree. Women understand funny and can write funny shows/ movies (Tina Fay is a good example), but when women try to act funny themselves, it just falls flat. They could do the exact same routine as a hilarious man, but women simply arent comical. I have never laughed at a female stand up