/weightloss/ discussion

I've started a new diet where I cut out all bleached carbs and processed sugars, and minimize natural sugars and whole grain starches. Discuss diets, sucesses and failures, and your favorite things to cook while on a system. I've been doing a lot of stir fry with beef and veggies and some salads with pulled roast chicken.

My doctor says my genetics keep me from losing weight, so I just roll with it

Fell for the keto meme and lost 40 lbs. Its great and helped me learn the difference between hunger and appetite but its too restrictive for a lazy fuck like me. Good luck

i eat food i enjoy and take in fewer calories than I expend.

Makes sense. I'm a student, and I have a tendency to overeat if I don't think about my diet. I just need some sort of framework to keep me focused.

So you gained it back? Or just stopped the diet because it sucked?

Im on a high carb low fat diet I have lost 15 lbs in about 2.5 months. I eat a lot of fruit rice and tofu as well as some meat.

went from 250-180 on keto, meds got me 180-155 in a couple weeks, then 155-130 on keto again

keto is pretty great for me because artificial sugars barely effect my ketone levels at all, fairly sure it's genetic, but definitely needs more discipline than a lot of people have

Huh, that sounds like the opposite of mine. Do you have heart problems? Honestly, I think any diet where you think about what you eat and try to make better choices will probably lead to some weightloss, and it matters less what you 'avoid'. I chose to stay away from sugars and carbs because of some Joe Rogan meme or something, idk. I just started, maybe I'll do a thread in a month or two to see how it's going.

Educate me senpai. How can sugars not effect ketone? Is it just a measure of how much fat your body is burning? And what meds? I was at like 285, got down to 235 from just simply eating less, and stayed there for about a year. Now I'm trying to start going down again.

My dad died of a heart attack last year so im being careful. Plus I would rather eat carbs than meat all day. Im not crazy about high protein diets.

Gained back almost 10 lbs, I don't really think the diet sucks when you are deep into it, its just as soon as you fuck up its hard to start again, at least for me.

I see. My father isn't that old, but he has diabetes and gout, so he basically can't eat anything or drink beer if he wants to not die. Luckily, my family doesn't have a history of cardiovascular disease, so I feel comfortable on a higher fat diet. And I also really like bulletproof coffee.

>And I also really like bulletproof coffee.
why are you mentioning that

Yeah, I do it whenever I can, but I've found it's hardest if you're out with friends/family alot. Most places don't have full meal options without a starch. I've ordered chicken tenders like a child, but it was like 2am so no one gave a fuck.

Because it has butter and I can't give it up. Also, I like to sound like a yuppie tool.

I just could never do keto because I love carbs and starches and they make my body and digestive system run well.

I don't get how people on keto are not insanely constipated all the time. Do you take fiber pills or something?

Oh yeah I have never heard of it I drink coffee black.

gl finding anything but sour grapes on Veeky Forums, try out /fat/ if you want to talk to successful dieters.

The first few week you don't poop so well. But after that no, your body gets use to the food and has no problem pooping. Also spinach broccoli green beans and Brussels sprouts are all good sources of fiber.

I used to drink coffee with milk and sweetener all the time, and I thought it would be hard to stop. Then I started this diet, and drank black coffee for a couple days and adjusted surprisingly fast. Every now and again, I still like BP coffee, which is coffee blended with butter and sometimes those meme brain-oils that different websites sell.

Yeah, I eat a lot of broccoli and some raq baby spinach. And some carrots, even though they have some sugar. I haven't noticed and digestive problems yet. I could imagine if I ate too much meat and nothing else it could be bad

Oh so like dark leafy greens that makes sense. To each their own I guess. I just prefer high carb diets because I think they're more enjoyable.

successful dieting is all about habit forming.

the first two weeks of sticking to a strict regimen will suck. you'll feel so deprived and frustrated.

once you get used to dieting and exercising, and it becomes a daily habit/ritual, it'll feel like an effortless breeze.