Lately I've been fantasizing about injecting hot sauce into an egg yolk before cooking it

Lately I've been fantasizing about injecting hot sauce into an egg yolk before cooking it.

Where do I go in life from here?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hGHGLlxlvBw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sounds delicious. Sriracha? pls deliver. I'd do it, but gas is leaking from my stove so I can't use the top until someone comes to fix it

Luckily I work in a pharmacy. Small gauge needles are easy to come by that shouldn't completely pop the albumin casing.

I may deliver tomorrow.

What type of dish should I make?

you put any amount of note in it and its gonna burst no matter how small your needle ya dingus

waste of time

You sound as if I hadn't thought this out.

You use two syringes and remove equal parts albumin to hot sauce injected.

This isn't rocket science, I work in a pharmacy. Manipulating shit like that is something I can do in my sleep.

Luckily I'm a heroine addict. Needles are easy to come by that shouldn't completely pop the albumin casing.

I may deliver tomorrow.

What type of dish should I make?
.....assuming I'm not dead by then.

How about you make a stack of chicken breast, bacon, cheese and the sriracha-y egg? Make it like a brunch thing.
OR try it on pancakes, bacon and add maple sauce on the top.
I'm addicted to female superheroes too

>I'm addicted to female superheroes too

Kek I'm such a retard

retarded heroine junkie

haha I can't even get a stupid joke right

It's ok. We can support you on your road to recovery. We are all friends here. You don't need heroines, we will help you fight the temptation

If he's fighting heroine addiction, does that make him a villain?

>you put any amount of note in it and its gonna burst no matter how small your needle ya dingus

This is probably true, you may need to suck out some yolk first to decrease the internal pressure.

>Luckily I work in a pharmacy. Small gauge needles are easy to come by

Sriracha may be too thick and have particles that won't flow through small gauge. it might be worth a try... but i'd have a back up of something thinner like tabasco or franks on hand.

I have a feeling this won't end well but i am very curious to see it tried.

pls post progress and experiments

>How about you make a stack of chicken breast, bacon, cheese and the sriracha-y egg? Make it like a brunch thing. OR try it on pancakes, bacon and add maple sauce on the top.

I read this in the voice of Lynne Rosetto Casper

never heard of her
ngl, I when I was proof reading it I read it a David Attenborough voice dunno why lol

albumin is in the whites you dumbass

Host of The Splendid Table on NPR.

I am britfag

he said albumen casing, not the yolk. grammar comprehension. the yolk is surrounded by albumen.

I've never tried it, but my gut tells me that even with the teeniest gauge needle you're just going to break the yolk and make a mess.

Your best bet, if it was going to work at all, is to get the freshest possible eggs you can get. Like, laid today, farm fresh motherfuckers. The proteins haven't degraded at all so the yolk might hold. It's a big might, tho.

Is this still happening? I still want this to happen.

Me too

Reminds me of this. If your needle idea doesn't work then I'll share this one and see what can be done

I got killed today at work and forgot. Give me one more day guys. It's happening.

shakshuka

>I have a feeling this won't end well but i am very curious to see it tried.

It's an egg, it costs like 30 cents. Just throw it away and try again if it breaks.

Why not inject heroin or a solution of psilocybin?

pls update op

I fucked up. Tomorrow for sure.

Seriously, tomorrow. Got wrecked on OT today because hardware from Mexico sucks.

Pic related, assurances.

>user why are you stealing needles?
>I'm making food
>We're sending you to rehab

Godspeed, user.

Does anyone here have a Sodastream? There's something I want to try, but don't own one. Basically make a scrambled egg mixture and carbonate it before cooking to increase fluffiness. Someone should do this and post results.

Then why would you remove the casing instead of the yolk you want to replace with hot sauce, dipshit?

I have one and I can guarantee it'll explode like it does with anything besides nearly pure water.

So I'll be grabbing a few different type of syringes from work tomorrow for this experiment.

x2 tuberculin syringes (6mm; probably too small for thicker sauces)
x2 21 gauge needles (loose sauces like Franks and Tabasco might work)
x2 18 gauge needles (should accommodate thicker sauces like sriracha)
x2 16 gauge needles (very wide bore, accommodate thickest of sauces, but might break yolk entirely)

Tomorrow will be fun.

This could be revolutionary. The next step in food science

I've actually done this with cured egg yolks. Didn't even need a needle for it as I wasn't heating the yolk. I used tabasco to add a nice vinegar trace to the finished grated yolk.

How exactly do you do this with a cured yolk?
Cured yolks are solid. I wouldn't think sauce couldnt penetrate it easy unless you sauced the salt during the cure?

Pic related, I've cured and egg or two in my day.

that'll make a nice mess, plus you want to keep it under pressure until use. get yourself a whip cream dispenser, works really well for making insanely thick and fluffy pancakes.

What do you rinse that with, white wine vinegar?

>eggs

this video is a bit "mr gear" but it has some decent ideas, even if they did reuse some to stretch it to 10

err. yeh video, whoops.
youtube.com/watch?v=hGHGLlxlvBw

I am monitoring this thread.

>Small gauge needles are easy to come by that shouldn't completely pop the albumin casing.

This was my initial doubt but if you can do it, kudos.

If the yolk does indeed leak from the puncture, another thing to do would be to look into spherifying the egg yolk to give it a protective barrier.

You could also do a poached egg with a really set up white. Poach the egg in a bag of cling film so the white fully wraps the yolk. Use the freshest egg you can find so the white is really strong. Then, inject your flavoring through the white into the yolk once the egg is cooked. I suppose a soft-boiled egg would work here too.

Excited to see the results of this experiment

Soon...

Those aren't tuberculin syringes are they. I thought they only went up to 1ml?

Look like plastipak. The gradations show 6 ml but plastipak doesn't have a 6 ml variant.

I got two different kinds of syringes.

x2 tuberculin
x2 3 mL (to be used with various needle gauge sizes)

Now then...

Gentlemen, I returned a much wiser man than I was before. The experiment was very enlightening, and I dare say if you aren't too pick about the word "successful", successful. I have in total 33 images to share with you this evening. After I share the images with very light commentary, I will surmise the entire experience with observations, technique, recommendations, alternative methodology, and my final thoughts.

3 eggs were used accompanied by 3 different hot sauces.

Tabasco sauce (Thin)
Franks Red Buffalo (Medium viscosity)
Sriracha (Thick)

For the first egg, I used the smallest of the needles (a tuberculin), and the thinnest of sauces (Tobasco). I wanted to begin with the the highest likelihood of succeeding the first time around and slowly move my way up in needle size should the desired outcome not occur.

Even being a very thin sauce, the tuberculin needle was much too small to pull up. You could get just a little bit before it clogged.

It was a no go.

Any hope of resizing those 33 images before posting? There's apps that make it easy to resize. Just sayin...

I transitioned to the 3 mL syringe and the next smallest needle (21 gauge) and was able to successfully draw up the Tabasco sauce with minimal resistance.

Is this image even necessary then? I know this is an image board but god damn, 33 images? Can't you just narrow it down to the top 5 or so?

Quit yer bitchin, I wanna see OP do mad science.

Couldn't you put the Tabasco through a coffee filter or something?

Too late, the show has already started.
I told myself I was going to downscale the resolution before I started but forgot.

For my first attempt, I intended to use a two prong attack. One empty needle in one side, one hot sauce needle in the other. The idea was to take out the same amount of yolk of hot sauce that would go in.

It wasn't that good of a success. Multiple holes in the yolk just ended up causing more leaking as you can see in the image. While it didn't break completely, the results weren't success as you'll soon see.

A brief close-up of attempt 1. The leakage is obvious.

During the cooking process it broke down even further, but didn't completely loose shape.

Forgot image like an idiot

Alright then. I'll be back to see the final results, even though i have a feeling it's going to end up being a total waste of your time and ours

Final product. Still runny. Not enough hot sauce.
You could still taste it, but you need more than what I had originally put in.

I recommend 4 mL of hot sauce for a small egg. I didn't have a 6 mL syringe to work with so I ended up with 3 mL for the rest of the process.

A small egg yolk contains around 7-9 mL of yolk after my made all my observations upon finishing.

Get fucked, we're doing science here. Knowledge is never a waste of time.

Again, you can see, not enough hot sauce.

Moving on to attempt 2.

Attempt 2.

I decided a 2 prong method of injecting and extracting wasn't the most efficient method. I then opted for a single hole site at the very top of the egg that I would use twice. Once for extracting the yolk, and again for injecting. This method worked much better than the previous and left nearly no leakage. Here you can see I removed 3 mL of yolk.

Also moved on to using Franks (medium viscosity). Being thicker, I had to again move up a needle gauge (18) to fully pull up without it clogging. I also transitioned my extractor needle to an 18 gauge and pulling up with a 21 was tediously slow. It bore the risk of leaving a bigger hole for leakage, but it was an educated risk for the sake of convenience.

Much more successful. Not much leakage at all.

A quick observation: If you wanted to steam or poach the egg in the bowl like this, it would have turned out perfect. The little bit of albumen kept the hole moderately closed, so a steam/poach method of cooking the egg would have been extremely successful.

Again, not so much i the pan. Leakage continued, but not at a fast enough rate as the egg with two injection sites had.

Getting closer to a successful egg.

I fucked up the removal from the pan and it tore. But you can still see it retained a flat shape, and much more apparent amounts of hot sauce.

Tasted great regardless.

Moving on to attempt 3.

Third, and final attempt.
We're transitioning over to the sriracha.

I had high hopes for this one. Given that sriracha is a thicker sauce, I thought it might not leak out as quickly as the other two. The leakage in either of the three cases wasn't fast, but a slow bleed. It got me thinking... and I got an idea you'll soon see.

Additionally, we had to switch to the next and final largest size up, a 16 gauge needle. I kept the 18 gauge on the extraction needle in an attempt to minimize the extraction hole site.

Here you can see the yolk I've already taken out, and the hot sauce about to be put in.

Another success fill. Again, if you wanted to steam or poach at this point it would turn out fantastic.

Somewhat long next post.

I agree with the other guy. OP is wasting everybody's time. Just post the best few pics dumbass

Now... the problem I've had with the egg losing shape and the slow bleeding had me thinking. If there was a way to seal the hole shut, we'd be golden. Often when I cook eggs, after the initial fry I'll pour in a little water and cover it with a lid so the top side of the egg and cook completely. My thought process was that I might be able to "steam" the hole shut if was able to do it with a little haste.

For this attempt at cooking... I heated the pan over medium and right when it was the perfect temperature I poured in some water to create the steam trap. I then put in my egg and covered it immediately hoping I could close the hole before it bled out.

I'd suggest your original two syringe approach but use chilli oil instead of hot sauce. It'll allow you to use the tuberculin with 21 or even higher gauge. Use a low viscosity oil. The oil going into the yolk is likely to cause a lesser pressure buildup than water in yolk.

It worked with minimal leakage. If I wanted to use more eggs and perfect the process, I believe I could make a perfectly hot sauce filled egg 100% of the time without fail.

Good thread so far. These ADHD addled faggots can fuck off.

The yolk maintained a much better shape, with minimal leaking at the top. Again, with a little more practice it could be perfected.

can't wait for the result m8 lookin good

Final result was a perfectly runny, sriracha filled, tasty egg.

That's the end of this journey. I cut back on some pictures due to children bitching, but there you have it.

It can be done.

I'm going to work on some dinner and take my time with the final analysis and write up.

Delivered.

congrats op

I like the idea of poaching it to keep it more in tact as well as the cooking hiding the colour more which'd make it a bit of a surprise for the person eating it.

You've also given me the idea of injecting pure capsaicin into some poor bastard's eggs.

is there a noticeable difference over a regular egg? is there too much sirarcha?

Nice work, user. One thing I came up with while thinking about this thread at work is to heat up a butter knife to cauterize the injection sites.

It's the perfect egg
All the hotsauce already mixed and cooked in with the yolk
My god man

I wonder how well this would work with hotter sauces? Like if you injected a little bit of mad-dog would the mixing in with the yolk make it the perfect spicy egg?

You can recarbonate old beer.

Thanks op that was cool

Good thread.

I think it makes him the love interest

Today OP was not a fag. Nice job, dude.

What a complete waste of fucking time.

>remove delicious yolk
>replace with hot sauce

Why? Completely impractical and not even that interesting. Kudos on using your skills as a heroin addict for something I guess.

fuckin retard, go lurk another aa meeting thread disguised as a what are you drinking tonight thread

jokers like you should be banned from Veeky Forums. this was a great thread and couldn't be any more related.

hahahahaha!

You crybabies sure do have low standards.

>banned from Veeky Forums

Good luck with that newboy.

>calls thread waste of time
>keep it open in another tab for hours

Good job op. This image got me thinking. Instead of steaming the egg wouldn't it be possible to run a hot knife at the incision point to sort of cauretize the point. I wonder if it would make for a better effect visually or if the white spot would make it more conspicuous.

Cauterize*

THE MAD MAN

Goddamn, you actually did it. Definitely trying this out now.